Sign in to follow this  
BIG DWIFTER

Centre speaker

Hehe I bet lol.

Those two you linked look like awesome bargains that I would be very interested in.

Except that horrible white lol.

Maybe I'll deal with the yammy till something pops up here, but even then I may miss out.

I know I've had enough lol, 7 years and I've snapped. Must be the impending SUB upgrade.

actually it is not that easy to find a "pick up" sale in adelaide for what the op is hinting at. in fact the upper tier centres that come up in a year can be counted on one hand (on gumtree anyway) and they dont last long. ( live in Adel. and watch 2nd hand often)

so the odds are the op will need shipping if you buy 2nd hand and that is not a problem as long as the seller looks after you. packing, labelling and pick up done well.

best thing is to do what you think is best as its your money 🙂 but research never hurts before parting with the $$

i have the kef and have to say you will have a hard time finding anything better, i mated them seamlessly with many speakers like a chameleon.

don't be put off by the white, it doesn't look so garish in person and with the cover on its black from the front.

if in melbourne feel free to pop over for an audition to help shorten your list.

also have a drx4 if you want to upgrade your reciever

Thank you for the time to link me some options I appreciate it.

Problem is I'm in Adelaide and that is pick up only in NSW. 

5 minutes ago, BIG DWIFTER said:

Thank you for the time to link me some options I appreciate it.

Problem is I'm in Adelaide and that is pick up only in NSW. 

could always ask about shipping.

I would have thought adelaide would be overflowing with used krix and adelaide centres 

Posted (edited)

Rare as hens teeth unfortunately.

No one sells Ascension. 

Edited by BIG DWIFTER

6 minutes ago, BIG DWIFTER said:

Rare as hens teeth unfortunately.

No one sells Ascension. 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/long-beach/speakers/ascension-floorstanding-speakers/1219450279

if they are what you ultimately want,the BEST option is to get 2 pair and turn one on its side as a center and one as a rear center but obviously the aesthetics are a little errr but you only live once i say ( this is from a guy who had a krix 4010 sub in his lounge) 

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 12:29 PM, BIG DWIFTER said:

Thanks for the reply Snoopy8.

Yes I realise the centre should be matching but that's not feasible with my lowly budget. I'll need to get one before I upgrade the FL+FR.

I'm looking at some Ascension/Adelaide speakers for the FL+FR when I have the funds.

Maybe I should just go speak to Edward.

Budget for the centre ~$1000.

I'd act (extremely!) quickly and try and grab 3 x of the Jamo D600 listed here

For your $1000 centre speaker budget you should be able to score 3x high quality matching LCR speakers delivered to Adelaide

If budget allows I'd definitely try and grab the matching surrounds from @Ray H  at the same time, otherwise you should be able to get some of the Jamo D500 or D600 for surround speakers later on as they do pop up on here and ebay occasionally

These will be a huge (!) step up from your Yamaha centre, and  being THX Ultra2 certified (if given enough power) these will handle THX reference level (105dB peak levels) so your ears will give in before these do

THX Ultra2 is a 7.1-speaker extension of the original Ultra spec. Ultra2 is designed to work well with multi-channel music and movie presentations playing up to reference levels in rooms of 3,000 cubic feet or larger. Each certification requires components to produce high volume levels, to play at a low level of distortion, and to disperse sound in specific ways, as well as to have extremely low noise and behave in a stable and predictable way.

https://www.audioholics.com/audio-technologies/thx-select-and-thx-ultra2-certification-general-questions

Posted (edited)

Those jamos are very good, I read about them when they were released.

My avr is not up to the task sadly. 

Thanks for all the input.

Ive decided to wait for a while till we get settled in the new place.

Probably svs ultra or some Adelaide speakers.

Will look at other options when the time comes. 

For a stop gap I bought a Yamaha ns-c444 to better integrate with the current system.

I picked up the PB2000 as well. It's a huge upgrade and very happy with it.

Edited by BIG DWIFTER

The ns-c444 has done the trick.

Its way better. No more muffled sounding voices.

It'll stay like this for a while until I re look at pretty much a whole system upgrade 🤯

Thanks for your help.