My new Reference valve amplification

Hi all,

Just got delivery of the most outstanding amplifier - valve or solid state - I've ever heard. The new Cymer Audio Southern Star SE-35 Signature is the culmination of Elson Silva's decades of experience in valve amplifier circuit and transformer design.

Build quality is second to none inside and out. These monoblock amplifiers have the best and most over-engineered transformers Cymer could build making for a valve amplifier (of 35 watts) with DYNAMICS, detail and control over the bass as good as any state-of-the-art solid state design (even on my low impedance Wilson Audio Sasha) but with a harmonic bloom and timbre that I haven't heard from solid state. Overall sonically these amps are on a level that is unmatched, in my experience.

Truly a transcending product from a valve amplification artist.

Cheers,

EK

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28642[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]28643[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]28644[/ATTACH]

• Like 2

Edgar

A very nice looking pair of amps there. Glad to hear you think they are superb.

Its a good feeling when you get a new piece if equipment and it not only exceeds your expectations but blows you away.

As Tax said, Enjoy!!

Thanks guys.

@YM - I'm using Gryphon PSC Reference I have on loan at the moment.

@Jaspert and atilsley - The output valve is a 13E1 driven by a 45 - best of both worlds, the drive and balls of the 13E1 coupled to the midrange beauty and resolution of the 45.

Yes Young Skywalker, as you know, Elson is a fanatic when it comes to quality, meticulous engineering and transformer design that pushes the limits (the very best off-the-shelf transformer designs do not compare). And the level of sonic quality he has managed to wring out from this unique design is beyond any amplification I've heard in my system. Truly extraordinary.

Cheers,

Edgar

Thanks to all who complimented. Clocking some hours on the amps and even with only 6 hours on the clock (among other circuit componentry that is being run-in, I'm told the Mundorf Silver/oil caps need lots of time before sounding their best) this amp is far and above anything I've heard in my system. Extraordinary.

Cheers,

EK

Hi Edgar

The amps look sensational and from what you say they sound just as good, congratulations and may you enjoy the sound for many years to come...Love to hear them one day when I'm in Sydney..

Regards

Sam

• 3 months later...

Thanks Keith. Did a bit of speaker shuffling last weekend to wring a tad more bass performance. Ended up with the speakers about another 8-inches away from front wall. Tidied upper bass/lower midrange a smidge and gave me a bit more focus and stage depth. Broke my back but worthwhile exercise ;>))

Catch up soon I hope.

Cheers,

EK