Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
anandpkumar

Music Hall Turntable clearance on at Shelby Acoustics

Recommended Posts

Just came across some really good deals on Music Hall turntables at Shelby

https://www.selby.com.au/electronics/turntables/turntables.html

 

MMF 2.1 available at $299 (with Magic 3 cartridge)

MMF 5.1 available at $579 (with Magic 3 cartridge)

MMG 7.1 available at $849 (no cartridge)

 

Really tempted to get the 5.1. Any idea how this compares with an equivalent Rega or Project? Thoughts on the Magic 3 cartridge? Seems like this is custom made for Music Hall by Ortofon. 

Edited by anandpkumar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two mates with 5.1s that love em

ive got the 9.1 and am very pleased

 

made in the Pro-Ject factory but under different instructions so to speak but share numerous parts

 

you could do far far worse I reckon.

 

grrat value, well constructed and well fitted out tables 

 

the magic 3 is made by ortofon I believe but for music hall tables...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the 7.1 and the extra features (mainly vibration control) made it awesome value.  I run mine with a 2M blue and love it.  Just brilliant value at these prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Word is many of Roy Hall's ideas and spec'd components often find themselves implemented in later Pro-Ject releases :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On 15/06/2019 at 5:06 PM, anandpkumar said:

Just came across some really good deals on Music Hall turntables at Shelby

https://www.selby.com.au/electronics/turntables/turntables.html

 

MMF 2.1 available at $299 (with Magic 3 cartridge)

MMF 5.1 available at $579 (with Magic 3 cartridge)

MMG 7.1 available at $849 (no cartridge)

 

Really tempted to get the 5.1. Any idea how this compares with an equivalent Rega or Project? Thoughts on the Magic 3 cartridge? Seems like this is custom made for Music Hall by Ortofon. 

Thanks for this.One of the youngsters at work just ordered this.

Off to Gumtree to find them speakers and an amp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Weedgie said:

Thanks for this.One of the youngsters at work just ordered this.

Off to Gumtree to find them speakers and an amp.

Nice......which one did he/she get?

 

Some really good deals on amps & speakers in the classifieds section too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, anandpkumar said:

Nice......which one did he/she get?

 

Some really good deals on amps & speakers in the classifieds section too

She got the cheapest one.She has quite a few lps to play. That is a great starter deck.Was going to look on classifieds for a deck,something like a Rega P1 but that was too good a deal for a new deck.

Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...