Panasonic 2019 OLEDs

Couldn’t find a dedicated thread for upcoming Panasonic OLEDs, so thought I’d start one.

Below article mentions pricing & release estimates for their 2019 range...

https://www.techradar.com/news/panasonic-unveils-australian-2019-av-range-teases-transparent-oled-tv

t987nrKcwwpiTwfmByvaxH-650-80.png.149b780209fb896ab15a51a909f9f846.png

Is anyone else eyeing off a Pana or other brand OLED this year?

• Like 4

Thanks for posting that up.

Yes I will be getting a 65’, either Pana or LG.

Have a 55’ LG C8, which has been fantastic. but always had Pana Plasma, like the brand a lot and would like to go back to it for the bigger unit.

Ray

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ralfi said:

Couldn’t find a dedicated thread for upcoming Panasonic OLEDs, so thought I’d start one.

Below article mentions pricing & release estimates for their 2019 range...

https://www.techradar.com/news/panasonic-unveils-australian-2019-av-range-teases-transparent-oled-tv

t987nrKcwwpiTwfmByvaxH-650-80.png.149b780209fb896ab15a51a909f9f846.png

Is anyone else eyeing off a Pana or other brand OLED this year?

if my kuro ever dies :D

if sony joined the party covering all the bases when comes to HDR... id look there too. but if buying now id be looking at these pana too...

anyone else though feel the prices though have now crept upto what were the last of the expensive plasmas in the kuros back in the day ? 

I think some of it is because of the audio component eg the top best sporting all sorts of up firing speakers and such. its a pity the top beast cant be bought without all the audio add ons :) 

4 hours ago, Ray H said:

Thanks for posting that up.

Yes I will be getting a 65’, either Pana or LG.

Have a 55’ LG C8, which has been fantastic. but always had Pana Plasma, like the brand a lot and would like to go back to it for the bigger unit.

Ray

65" seems to be the new 55" :D

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, betty boop said:

if my kuro ever dies :D

if sony joined the party covering all the bases when comes to HDR... id look there too. but if buying now id be looking at these pana too...

anyone else though feel the prices though have now crept upto what were the last of the expensive plasmas in the kuros back in the day ? 

Yes Al, I would definitely want the 2000 but the initial full RRP is a tad eye watering....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ray H said:

Yes Al, I would definitely want the 2000 but the initial full RRP is a tad eye watering....

indeed we can only hope typical street pricing and market forces have usual effect.

I heard that HN were not going to keep the 2000 or something. which would be a shame as one less retailer for competition...

• Like 1

I'm hearing rumblings in the stock market regrading the Hong Kong protests.

This could get really ugly, and ultimately effect more than one or two nations regarding who and where they source their components from.....there could be a huge shift....just saying.?

launch of the 2019 oleds

https://www.gadgetguy.com.au/panasonic-2019-av-launch-impressions/?display=all

they had a professional gamer sprucing the gaming performance of these new panels it seem ... 

since its both not only faster pixel switching but also latency of these panels making them quite suitable for the task.

"OLED pixels switch much faster than LCD ones. How much faster? Closer to 0.01ms.

It’s all about latency"

• Like 1

the avforums pod cast is an amazing run down on the new GZ2000. it really is quite something apparently 

night and day vs next to it top end oled contender it seems....

watch from 42:30 or so....

13 hours ago, betty boop said:

night and day vs next to it top end oled contender it seems....

Sounds good, though that model won't be in my budget. ?

Any idea what the other model was?

& what are we thinking the HDMI port version will be. The website eludes to 1.4 which can't be right can it, if HDR 10+ is included?

4 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

Any idea what the other model was?

he has hinted in the video its a top end competitor and they make the screens for mastering in the studios... am guessing the very top sony or LG ? cant be anything else in the OLEDs

4 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

& what are we thinking the HDMI port version will be. The website eludes to 1.4 which can't be right can it, if HDR 10+ is included?

ignore what website says.... @Kazz picked up it said same for older sets. impossible will be fitting 1.4 when set is HDR10 and such capable. expect hdmi 2.0a/b with some of 2.1 feature set enabled.... 

• Thanks 1

For what it's worth, here's a response to a query I put to Panasonic last week (included contract deets for reference)...

TH-65GZ1000U has HDMI 2.1.

For further enquiries, feel free to contact us.

Regards,
Panasonic Australia | 1 Innovation Road, Macquarie Park, NSW 2113
Tel: 132600

panasonic_support@panasonic.mailus.com.au

Really want to see this model in the flesh.

Which Panasonic OLED model are others looking to buy?

Edited by Ralfi

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, SLE355 said:

I wish they'd hurry up and release them!

jb hasn't had a pana oled for months .... just a bare wall where supposed to be... it must be hurting pana sales with nothing to sell till the new ones land...

39 minutes ago, betty boop said:

jb hasn't had a pana oled for months .... just a bare wall where supposed to be... it must be hurting pana sales with nothing to sell till the new ones land...

I saw the 950 as JB's a few weeks ago, they are way behind though.

I saw an LG OLED G7 at jb hi fi at hoppers crossing

this thing has been on 9 hours a day 7 days a week for over 2 years 

the screen was very hot to the touch 

couldn’t  find 1 dead pixel or evidence of burn in on the screen that had shifting video 

and naysayers say “it’s organic ....it’ll wear down with time “

most impressive !

in Croatia a guy hit 10,000 hours on his OLED - put his meter up and found the brightness output was essentially the same as the day he bought it

Edited by Kdjjdk Will
  • Like 4

Oh, should’ve posted yesterday - was on the phone with Westcoasthifi & they expect the Panasonic’s in store by next week. :ahappy:

13 hours ago, betty boop said:

Are poor sales the reason behind them pulling out of the USA? Hope we don’t see that happen here! ?

• Like 1

GZ1000U in stock & available for delivery at The Good Guys...

https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/panasonic-65-inches-gz1000u-4k-uhd-smart-oled-tv-th-65gz1000u

$5k is $1k more than I’d hoped to pay.

I’ll bide my time ?  

Also available in store at Westcoasthifi for $5799...

https://www.westcoasthifi.com.au/product/panasonic-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-tv-th-65gz1000u/

Edited by Ralfi
  • Thanks 1

As a humble lower end of town guy, I am actually looking forward to seeing Panasonics 2019 LCD/LEDs.  I understand they have ditched the crappy IPS displays for VA panels.  Much improved contrast and a decent processor should result in a better product all round at a reasonable price, along with the Panasonic brand name. 

• Like 1

Still on my 2017 65" Pana Oled, it will be a while before I upgrade that, cost me a mint as early adopter. I do want a 4k HDR projector though, but not till the upgrade program from  Emo XMC-1 to XMC-2 is happening