Sign in to follow this  
MrMojo

FS: Sansui B-2103 MOS Vintage power amplifier

Posted (edited)

Item: Sansui B-2103 MOS Vintage power amplifier (100v unit)
Price: $2300 firm
Item Condition: Excellent. All original, fully working.
Reason for selling: Need cash for something else.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (+ fee), COD Only
Extra Info:

I had posted an EOI earlier but since my other amp, Pioneer A-09, hasn't sold yet, I have decided to put this up for sale as well. Both are great amps with their own strengths. Hard to pick one for me, so guess I will let go whichever sells first.

The B-2103 MOS is a one of the finest Sansui amps IMO. I have progressed through various Sansui amps, starting from the older black faced integrated amps to later 'alpha' series amps and the B-2103 is pick of the bunch for me. This amp is basically a culmination of Sansui's know-how and all their technologies that they developed over time. Being a later model amp, this has the advantage of having newer more reliable audio-grade capacitors and components. As a result, it doesn't really need a service or 'recap' like older vintage amps do. 

Superbly built with plenty of copper in chassis and a huge sealed Tamura power transformer, it weighs 35kgs unpacked. It has a unique sound because of the MOS FET power devices. The sound has a kind of crystal like shine and refinement, delicate yet thunderous when required. Amazing details and smoothness in higher frequencies. Dead silent when no signal input, even with the ears right on to the tweeter. No hum no noise. Only pure transparent music.

Just one thing to mention - There is some minor crackling in input selector only when changing inputs. This seems to be a common issue due to age with these amps but it doesn't affect the sound and once an input is selected there is no crackling or noise etc when in operation. Works perfectly otherwise. 

Note this is a 100v unit and requires a step-down transformer to work here. This amp was never released outside Japan, so not available in any other voltage.

Happy to demo to genuinely interested buyers. Due to its weight, will prefer pickup. Having said that, I do have a suitable double boxed packaging but shipping would be at buyer's cost and risk and must be insured.

Cheers.

Photos: 

IMG_20190303_203508.jpg

IMG_20190306_145027.thumb.jpg.e468a18eb3e03bd49f39b6fc476cd5fe.jpg

IMG20190620140448.jpg

IMG20190620140352.jpg

IMG20190620140504.jpg

IMG20190620140458.thumb.jpg.0e709ce8e44d0b59e197eeb06abcd9bd.jpg

IMG20190620140805.jpg

IMG20190620140904.jpg

Edited by MrMojo

On 14/06/2019 at 5:36 PM, rantan said:

I'm like the OP..."I need cash"

GLWTS. such a lovely item.

1 hour ago, Luc said:

I'm like the OP..."I need cash"

Aren't we all? We all need some dollaroos... 😄

Looks great, however I'm moving onto possible upgrade speakers now.

GLWS.

This is still available. Will consider near offers. 

If you are looking for a power amp in this price range, you should consider this amp as a contender and check it out :) I am happy to do a no obligation demo.

Weekend bump... :whistle:

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By scumbag
      Item: WireWorld Chroma6 HMDI - 5 meters!

Price: $80 $70 including postage  inside Oz. (donation to SNA on sale)  current version about RRP $200

Item Condition: Good - some minor markings on the gold on one connector. Connectors still fit nice and snug. Cable is in good condition with no kinks or splits.

Reason for selling: Not required.

Payment Method: Pickup or postage = Paypal Only (as a friend or add 3% for fees)

Extra Info:  I bought this to see if I could use it between my Singxer S-U6 and my Direct Stream DAC to carry an I2S signal (via LDVS).  Well a guy can dream right? Well it works but the sound is somewhat soft. The general recommendation is that you can't use more than 1-2m for LVDS so it's amazing that it gets any sound 
      So as an actual HDMI A/V cable (which after all what it is!), it's a well made cable with lots of attention to construction / shielding / isolation of conductors. It's a bit expensive compared to generic HDMI cables but you know you're worth it. Plus it's yellow, so yeah.
      http://www.wireworldcable.co.uk/products/99.html
      https://www.whathifi.com/wireworld/chroma-6/review

The Chroma 6 (all lengths) is a High Speed with Ethernet HDMI® Cable and fully supports Data rate >10.2Gbps- covering 1080p, HD4K, Deep Colour, Audio Return Channel (ARC) and all 3D formats.

The Chroma™ 6 benefits from the unique WireWorld award winning Symmetricon™ (formely Symmetric Balanced Pair™) proprietary cable design of our high-end cables, which utilize sixteen signal conductors instead of twelve conductors found in conventional HDMI® cables. This unique and original design features parallel conductors with two drain wires per shield pair, which reduces attenuation and provides greater impedance uniformity.
      Read more about WireWorld's technology

Photos:

Edited July 18 by scumbag
    • By Keith Raufer
      Item: 18” Subwoofers, Dayton UM18, Sealed Black Oak Enclosures.
      Price: $1400 each
      Item Condition: 6 months old
      Reason for selling: Need Room
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: I have 2 Dayton Ultimax UM18 Subwoofers, (subs only, no amp). Finished in a custom 4 cubic feet enclosure, made from 25mm MDF and very heavily braced. The Subs weigh in at just over 50kg each and are wrapped in a black oak veneer. Connections are speakon for simple secure connections.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.
    • By babyccino
      Item: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
      Price: $400
      Item Condition: Used, like new
      Reason for selling: Not using
      Extra Info:

I bought the turntable 11/08/2018 and have played maybe four records on it since. Has one year of manufacturer warranty still remaining. It basically never been moved and to my eye it has no visible wear whatsoever. I also have the original manual and box. I can provide an audio/video sample of it being played for a serious buyer.

Photos:

• By deannepal
      Item: Supra Sword 1.5m Speaker Cables
      Price: $500 per pair
      Item Condition: very good
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info: 1 pair of quality Swedish made Supra Sword 1.5m Speaker cables.
      These are bifolar wound Litz type cables that have a very open, transparent and detailed sound.
      These are in very good condition except for some minor discolouration of the outer cable sheath in places.
      Cables are fitted with banana plugs on both ends and come with the Supra box and paperwork.

Will post anywhere in Australia or NZ.

• By deannepal
      Item: DAC202
      Price: $4300
      Item Condition: Very Good
      Reason for selling: Upgrading
      Extra Info: Premium quality smooth sounding DAC with headphone output and volume control that allows you to directly drive a large power or integrated amplifier.
      In excellent condition with no defects. Good quality firewire cable included.
      Original high quality box and book manual included and both in excellent condition.
      Always used in a clean, smoke free environment.
      Original price for his DAC was $7800 and increased up to $9400 before upgraded model was released and now sells for over $13,000.
      Refer to the following link for more information: https://soundreference.com.au/weiss-dac202