Sign in to follow this  
Syrot

SOLD: FS: PSA (Power Sound Audio) V1800 18-inch ported Subwoofer

Item: Power Sound Audio V1800 18-inch ported Subwoofer

Item condition: New / Perfect – used all of a couple of hours (once calibrated)! Not even broken in yet.

Price: Update:  $1700 and will cover transport (unless you are in some weird remote location).  $1750 + postage (have all original packing so can arrange interstate transport)

Reason for selling:  Wife took one look at it and said it was TOO BIG and has to go!!! L

Payment Methods: Paypal, Cash - Pickup.

Extra Info:  Purchased a month a bit ago from Deep HZ Audio. Basically the subwoofer is new.  It is a beast.  For the short time I used it (once I got it integrated into the rest of the system), so far has been one of the best subwoofers I have used for its price bracket and size.  (previously owned SVS, REL, Yamaha and Krix subs).  On the low frequency start in Edge of Tomorrow, I thought my lungs were going to implode with the low frequency SPL it can put out. My son kept saying it was way better than any cinema he has been to. 

I was very surprised how tight and good this 18-inch sub sounded with Music as well Movies (once calibrated).  If you increase room size control it really has that chest impact in 60-80Hz frequency, while still maintaining composure.  If you are into feeling your movies and music this is it.

Will supply original invoice for the 5-year warranty. 

Only reason I took so long to put it up for sale was I thought I could change the wife’s mind, but CEO of house aesthetics will not allow it. (nowhere to hide a big subwoofer like I could in the old house)

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_20190612_212710.jpg

IMG_20190612_212730.jpg

IMG_20190612_213042.jpg

IMG_20190612_213013.jpg

IMG_20190612_213124.jpg

Edited by Syrot
Pricing update

What a shame you couldn't hide it!  Ask @Tubularbells how I managed to hide a double 15" sub with a doily! :P . True story!!!

GLWTS! Looks like a beast!

Yes, certainly is a beast. It weighs over 50Kg so getting it into the ideal room position and then told get rid of it was heart breaking. (no idea how people position the next model up - V3600 which is twice the size and weight)

Don't laugh, I already had suggested that :(.. 

Drill a hole in the wall and put it flush. Spray paint the grill white or whatever the colour of your walls are to blend in.

Edited by deafenears

Yea if only it was water proof,  I could mount it into the window like a box air-conditioner... :)

On 13/06/2019 at 3:55 PM, Syrot said:

Wife took one look at it and said it was TOO BIG

That's what she said.

GLWTS.

PSA subs will make your heart happy and your plasterboard flex!

GLWTS!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Neilsy
      Item: 2 x Velodyne DD18 Subwoofers in gloss Black
      Price:  $2,250 each or  $4,200 for the pair     (Were $7,999 EACH when new (or $4,999 USD))
      Item Condition:  Excellent
      Reason for selling: No longer required or used.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:        Re-listing these pair of amazing subs as I do need to move them on to contribute to the home deposit and are no longer used.  
      This is really a last effort for me to move these on as they're just sitting there. . .   I cannot offer for lower to let them go due to the huge cost initially.
      And if they don't sell I may just integrate them back into my theatre with my other subs given how flexible these are with configuration.

For those who follow Velodyne closely, there's potential continued support to come in line with Audio Reference purchasing Velodyne:
      https://www.stereo.net.au/news/new-owners-and-new-life-for-velodyne-subwoofers

The Digital Drive series represent Velodyne's best subwoofer engineering for industry leading lowest THD, quoting less than 1% @ RMS (1250W). 
      The following article is a great, short summary comparing to the previous HGS18:

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/way-down-deep-iii-velodyne-dd18

With their servo-control technology which gives the ability to 'tighten' the driver resonance stiffness, these are almost impossible to beat in terms of tonal accuracy. 
      This makes them very diverse for home theatre use and the perfect company for musical lovers. 
      With a sealed enclosure, these offer great extension down to 14hz +/- 3dB, 1250W RMS / 3000W dynamic power and ofcourse their Texas Instruments built in software with fully configurable:

- 5 x customisable presets inc volume, EQ & all below settings
      - 8-band parametric EQ with variable frequency, Q and level
      - Servo-control (tightness) 1 - 8 
      - Volume, including 'Night Mode' limitation
      - HPF, inc 6 - 48db increments.
      - LPF, inc 6-48db increments.
      - Phase - in 15Hz increments.
      - Polarity 0/180 degree

With the included accessory kit which has professional microphone kit, you can visually see the response via the Subwoofer's VIDEO OUT. This was pretty leading edge for a subwoofer to have built in software when these were released.
      See the visual output more here:
      https://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_10_4/velodyne-dd-18-subwoofer-12-2003-part-1.html

Both subs will be packed in Velodyne original packaging and include original manual and full accessory kit for each and I can also throw in RS-232 cables if you want to pair them - Yes; they can daisy chain.

One unit had over $2,000 of repairs done 18 - 24 months ago - so every single piece of electronics in that unit is replaced, including amp module. 
      Both work perfectly, include remotes, accessory kit.

Freight NOT included in the price. Each box is approx 1m x 1m 65KG

I've also a DD18 in OAK I'll release for an extra $1,000 if buying the black pair as I am not sure it may not be coming into some problems. (output volume is only about half the others - so you have to double the volume level on the unit)

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

• By Lego Man
      Item: REL T9 Black
      Price: $1000
      Item Condition: Perfect
      Reason for selling: no longer required
      Payment Method: Pickup, Brisbane - Cash 
      Extra Info: The REL T/9 is the perfect sub for the hifi lover adding to every system. This sub has had little use since moving into an apartment and is in perfect condition, approximately 4 years old. 

I have missed placed the box, so Brisbane pickup only.

Any questions let me know.

• By Karel
      Item:  SVS SB-2000 12 inch Sealed Active Subwoofer - Piano Black
      Price:  $950
      Item Condition:  excellent
      Reason for selling:  wife and neighbour
      Payment Method: Pickup
      Extra Info: 

Bought for me  in US two years ago, it is the model sold in Australia (see photo).  It has had very little use and is in perfect condition.  It is not suitable for my current accommodation hence the sale.
      Pickup only, Sydney – Chatswood area.  Original packing.
      https://www.avforums.com/review/svs-sb-2000-subwoofer-review.10395
      https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/sv-sound-svs-sb-pb-2000

• By Bugs
      Item: Electro Voice Sub Woofer
      Price: $250
      Item Condition: Good
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash COD
      Extra Info: Owned this unit for a few years now, Had the driver re-coned professionally, and the cabinet was made to EV specs by a local Cabinet Maker. It has a Plate Amp fitted, 400 Watts from memory, although I had a bridged Yamaha Power Amp, 1100 watts prior to that. The driver is a proper PA unit which cost over a grand back in the day. If you want to rattle the windows, this is the one. 600x600x1000, weight? HEAVY. Can demo, Due to size and weight, pickup only.

• By CMAN
      Item: Mirage MX 5.1 Home Theater Speaker System with Mirage MM-6 Powered Subwoofer (includes five palm-size speakers, a compact subwoofer cube and a step down transformer)
      Price: $400
      Item Condition: Used, in great working condition with no known faults. Fully operational and functions as intended. Good cosmetic condition. No cracks or holes. Barely any scratches/marks.
      Reason for selling: To upgrade
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
      Extra Info: Purchased brand new from a high end stereo retailer 

Product Descriptions & Specs: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-mvKwTyd9Z7d/p_653MX51B/Mirage-MX-5-1.html

Pictures: