Sign in to follow this  
Peter56

Harbeth SHL5+ to 40.2 ?

Guest Music monster
2 minutes ago, genkifd said:

M & G Hoskins are Spendor's distributors located in Sydney.

Hopefully they are at the show

Isn’t there any spendor dealers in Melbourne, i don’t know any. What about atc speakers. Sound gallery sells them.im looking at spendor or atc.Gary the music monster 🎶

281335D9-ACE1-47BB-A416-B7A8D198116A.png

How much are they? and where can you listen to them in Melb?

Guest Music monster
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, genkifd said:

How much are they? and where can you listen to them in Melb?

Sound gallery in Melbourne. They make 3 standmount models. $23to 29 grand. At least have a listen to get an idea if you like them. They are excellent speakers and will beat the spendor or harbeth in my opinion. Gary the music monster 🎶

Edited by Music monster

Guest Music monster

I don’t need speakers but I really am tempted to get a pair of atc. I would go for the $20 grand floor stander with a 10 inch bass driver,they seem well priced and no need for stands. Here’s a picture .gary the music monster 🎶

2EC8D2C0-FE00-421A-B690-ECF8236B6908.png

Guest Music monster
1 minute ago, genkifd said:

The ATC SCM100 are already $30k Aud

Go to sound gallery,they have all the prices on there web.gary the music monster 🎶

Guest Music monster

ATC speakers are more neutral and sound more dynamic,and are suited to a wider variety of music. Gary the music monster 🎶

Guest Music monster
27 minutes ago, genkifd said:

The ATC SCM100 are already $30k Aud

There’s passive and active versions. ATC 100 passive is $24 grand. Gary the music monster 🎶

i think ATC SCM50 would definitely need to audition. to me 40.2 are very dynamic and suited almost every musical tastes.

Awesome thanks Gary.

Guest Music monster
1 minute ago, genkifd said:

i think ATC SCM50 would definitely need to audition. to me 40.2 are very dynamic and suited almost every musical tastes.

Awesome thanks Gary.

Ok that’s great. Trust your ears only and take your time on your purchase.gary the music monster 🎶

Guest Music monster
35 minutes ago, Music monster said:

I don’t need speakers but I really am tempted to get a pair of atc. I would go for the $20 grand floor stander with a 10 inch bass driver,they seem well priced and no need for stands. Here’s a picture .gary the music monster 🎶

2EC8D2C0-FE00-421A-B690-ECF8236B6908.png

What about these ? There my choice. Gary the music monster 🎶

If youre in this price range and in melbourne you have to go listen to the avantgarde zeros at maxmedia. 

I went from harbeth to the zeros, they are a completley different sound to the harbeths

I was listening to harbeths again a couple of  weeks ago and realised why I loved the sound in the passed and thought maybe I should go back to them but went home and there was no contest with the zeros.

Guest Music monster
1 minute ago, gypr1961 said:

If youre in this price range and in melbourne you have to go listen to the avantgarde zeros at maxmedia. 

I went from harbeth to the zeros, they are a completley different sound to the harbeths

I was listening to harbeths again a couple of  weeks ago and realised why I loved the sound in the passed and thought maybe I should go back to them but went home and there was no contest with the zeros.

Why not ,anything in your price range should be given a listen. I already have horns so looking for something different. Gary the music monster 🎶

Guest Music monster
5 minutes ago, genkifd said:

ATC SCM 50 ASLT

active may make things simplified - less issues with matching the amp.

ATC actives are definitely better than there passive versions. Gary the music monster 🎶

42 minutes ago, gypr1961 said:

they look great too.