Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Peter56

Harbeth SHL5+ to 40.2 ?

Recommended Posts

Guest Music monster
22 minutes ago, rantan said:

Indeed.

 

There is enthusiasm, which is fine, but after that, there is dogma and evangelism, which isn't.

For me it’s all enthusiasm mate. Cheers gary the music monster 🎶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Music monster

I won’t mention the 30.7s anymore anywhere on stereonet again. Horns are still my overall reference, I just bought the Maggie’s for a change in sound. Gary the music monster 🎶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't generally listen to speakers over my budget. 20.7 was good but for me 40.2 are more suited.  It doesn't matter how good or better the 30.7 are at that price they better be. 

 

Panels needs far too much space also

Edited by genkifd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Music monster
1 minute ago, genkifd said:

I don't generally listen to speakers over my budget. 20.7 was good but for me 40.2 are more suited.  It doesn't matter how good or better the 30.7 are at that price they better be. 

The 30.7s are a bargain at there price and a big step up compared to the 20.7s.but if you like harbeth and they suit you better that’s great. Gary the music monster 🎶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


aint they around 60k Aud? maybe a bargain but i aint spending that kind of money and even if i did i dont have a massive room they require to cater for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Music monster said:

I won’t mention the 30.7s anymore anywhere on stereonet again. Horns are still my overall reference, I just bought the Maggie’s for a change in sound. Gary the music monster 🎶

Two hours later 😂😂😂

10 hours ago, Music monster said:

The 30.7s are a bargain at there price and a big step up compared to the 20.7s.but if you like harbeth and they suit you better that’s great. Gary the music monster 🎶

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Music monster
2 hours ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Two hours later 😂😂😂

 

Couldn’t help myself 😮. Gary the music monster 🎶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Music monster
5 hours ago, genkifd said:

aint they around 60k Aud? maybe a bargain but i aint spending that kind of money and even if i did i dont have a massive room they require to cater for them.

Understand mate. Harbeths are excellent speakers no doubt about it. Gary the music monster 🎶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Spendor 100s are suppose to be similar to the Harbeth 40.2. hopefully will be at the Melb HIFI show in October.

 

Also love to hear the TAD ME1. pitty nowhere to listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Music monster
1 minute ago, genkifd said:

Spendor 100s are suppose to be similar to the Harbeth 40.2. hopefully will be at the Melb HIFI show in October.

 

Also love to hear the TAD ME1. pitty nowhere to listen.

Spendor 100s are excellent speakers and your right , very similar to Harbeths.i wanted to listen to a pair when I bought my 40.2s but no where to hear them.cheers gary the music monster 🎶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Music monster

I’m thinking of getting a pair of spendor classic 200.they don’t need stands. The 40,2s were to hard to move around as I have many different speakers. Gary the music monster 🎶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Music monster

My mcintosh wasn’t a good match for harbeth either, the sound was to polite and dull. They sound better with accuphase. Gary the music monster 🎶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


M & G Hoskins are Spendor's distributors located in Sydney.

 

Hopefully they are at the show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Music monster said:

My mcintosh wasn’t a good match for harbeth either, the sound was to polite and dull. They sound better with accuphase. Gary the music monster 🎶

Yes, i demoed the 40.2 with the Luxman separates and E370. the sales person recommended the E480 would even be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Music monster
2 minutes ago, genkifd said:

M & G Hoskins are Spendor's distributors located in Sydney.

 

Hopefully they are at the show

Isn’t there any spendor dealers in Melbourne, i don’t know any. What about atc speakers. Sound gallery sells them.im looking at spendor or atc.Gary the music monster 🎶

 

 

 

 

 

281335D9-ACE1-47BB-A416-B7A8D198116A.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much are they? and where can you listen to them in Melb?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Guest Music monster
6 minutes ago, genkifd said:

How much are they? and where can you listen to them in Melb?

Sound gallery in Melbourne. They make 3 standmount models. $23to 29 grand. At least have a listen to get an idea if you like them. They are excellent speakers and will beat the spendor or harbeth in my opinion. Gary the music monster 🎶

Edited by Music monster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Music monster

I don’t need speakers but I really am tempted to get a pair of atc. I would go for the $20 grand floor stander with a 10 inch bass driver,they seem well priced and no need for stands. Here’s a picture .gary the music monster 🎶

2EC8D2C0-FE00-421A-B690-ECF8236B6908.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ATC SCM100 are already $30k Aud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Music monster
1 minute ago, genkifd said:

The ATC SCM100 are already $30k Aud

Go to sound gallery,they have all the prices on there web.gary the music monster 🎶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Music monster

ATC speakers are more neutral and sound more dynamic,and are suited to a wider variety of music. Gary the music monster 🎶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Music monster
27 minutes ago, genkifd said:

The ATC SCM100 are already $30k Aud

There’s passive and active versions. ATC 100 passive is $24 grand. Gary the music monster 🎶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think ATC SCM50 would definitely need to audition. to me 40.2 are very dynamic and suited almost every musical tastes.

 

Awesome thanks Gary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Music monster
1 minute ago, genkifd said:

i think ATC SCM50 would definitely need to audition. to me 40.2 are very dynamic and suited almost every musical tastes.

 

Awesome thanks Gary.

Ok that’s great. Trust your ears only and take your time on your purchase.gary the music monster 🎶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Music monster
35 minutes ago, Music monster said:

I don’t need speakers but I really am tempted to get a pair of atc. I would go for the $20 grand floor stander with a 10 inch bass driver,they seem well priced and no need for stands. Here’s a picture .gary the music monster 🎶

2EC8D2C0-FE00-421A-B690-ECF8236B6908.png

What about these ? There my choice. Gary the music monster 🎶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Classifieds Statistics


    Currently Active Ads

    Total Sales (Since 2018)

    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

    Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...