Electrical interference or something else?

I live in Mt Barker SA. I have had my Samsung tv and Foxtel set up for two years without any issues whatsoever, until this weekend when the picture was ‘double visioned’ and shaking. Tried the reset etc, to no avail so Samsung technician came today, and surprise surprise no issues with the tv, it was working perfectly! He changed something in the back of the tv (I am a complete techno fool sorry) so no idea what it was, and tv working again. Tonight the picture went again and the writing on screen double vision again. I am sure it was because I had the ducted heating and washing machine going. I switched everything off and now the tv is fine.Is there an easy fix (as I said techno fool and old ?) and any idea why it would just happen now? Thanking you all for reading and in anticipation of your replies. 

yeah - there is a fix.  Try filtering power board - that should eliminate RFI/EMI issues from rotary machines. Something semi-decent  - Belkin or similar. 

I would personally recommend this:

http://www.thoroughbredaudio.com/SPI240AU6/

But it might be a bit pricey for your application. RK Cable (http://www.rkcable.com.au/powerfilters.htm) used to sell them but I do not see them there anymore. Worth sending them an email if you are interested. 

Edited by Decky
  • Like 1

He is not lying - I used to build them myself just using dual filters and tailoring level of filtering for individual output. It is the best way to do that since the performance is measured and the filter is shielded so there is not stray EMI field emission from the filter itself. Belkin used to make a version of that just with discrete components and without shielding on filters but they used to charge arm and a leg for them. Cheaper commercial filtered power boards would have usually  one single stage filter for the whole board - still better than nothing.