2 headphones at the same time in small HT.

I'm throwing together a small system in my study for watching movies that leaves the main room free for kids etc (if I don't want to watch Frozen again for example), but may end up using it at other times when it would be preferable to keep noise to a minimum. I'm going to include 2 seats, and so I'd like to be able to run 2 pairs of headphones simultaneously. 

What's a good way to go about this on a reasonable budget, but perhaps not by way of a Y splitter (unless that really is a good way to go).

Any headphone amps with two outputs out there? Some other means?

Thanks!

You can get cheap headamps with two outputs from djcity.com.au but I'm not too sure about the quality and I'm fairly certain splitting a signal only degrades it

I'm throwing together a small system in my study for watching movies that leaves the main room free for kids etc (if I don't want to watch Frozen again for example), but may end up using it at other times when it would be preferable to keep noise to a minimum. I'm going to include 2 seats, and so I'd like to be able to run 2 pairs of headphones simultaneously. 

What's a good way to go about this on a reasonable budget, but perhaps not by way of a Y splitter (unless that really is a good way to go).

Any headphone amps with two outputs out there? Some other means?

Thanks!

I use a Chord Mojo and often run two sets of headphones through it. It doesn’t bat an eyelid. It has an optical in, so you could run it straight from the source or TV. You’d just need an optical cable to stretch from your screen to listen chair’s.

On 12/06/2019 at 4:42 PM, Farpun said:

and I'm fairly certain splitting a signal only degrades it

You sure about that?

I'd go with a Y-splitter into two headamps that way gives each user the ability to control their own volume. Something like JDS Atom for it's compact size, price, and seems to measure well.

On 15 June 2019 at 8:52 PM, deafenears said:

You sure about that?

I'd go with a Y-splitter into two headamps that way gives each user the ability to control their own volume. Something like JDS Atom for it's compact size, price, and seems to measure well.

Yeah, in doing some more googling over the past couple days I've actually been leaning this way. Possibly Y splitting an optical out to two DAC/Headamps. Separate volume would be handy. Or perhaps split the RCA's out of a single DAC into separate headphone amps. Not sure which is better...

I use an Audioengine D1 with some ATH-AD700's in the bedroom, so I can watch without bothering the other half and that works well. I'm keen to step the quality level up a notch with this setup though.

Edited by S2 13BT