Sign in to follow this  
Spinnergeoff

EXPIRED: FS: Technics SL110 with Dynavector 501 arm

Posted (edited)

Item: Technics heavy DD turntable SL110 with Dynavector DV501 arm
Price: $1680
Item Condition: Used
Reason for selling: downsizing my number one system, need cash for other projects.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, direct bank deposit
Extra Info: This combination has been my favourite for many years and I've had two of them at different times. With Technics direct drives once again on the market at phenomenal prices, and new Dynavector arms fetching even more than some of those new SL1200 variants, it'd be hard to put together a new setup in this format (heavy duty DD + Dynavector) for much under $10k.

The turntable comes with two Dynavector headshells, and a custom built thick Perspex lid (not hinged). Also a Platter Matter mat, as illustrated. 

The armboard is a bit rough in finish but is very solidly built by a previous owner. It has extra bracing underneath that you can't see without disassembly!

You might like to read my article on direct drive turntables here at StereoNet: https://www.stereo.net.au/features/the-resurgence-of-technics-and-direct-drive-turntables

I'm not keen to post this item or send via courier. I'd prefer to deliver and set up in person. Ask about this. I'm in Baulkham Hills 2153, but do sometimes travel down Goulburn/Canberra way.  

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

DSC_6587.JPG

DSC_6590.JPG

Edited by Spinnergeoff

WOW Geoff. Thats worse then you selling your wooden tennis racquet.:)

Haha! I still have four wooden tennis raquets (including the Maxply I pinched from my dad and used at high school) on the wall of my mancave. Plus a metal Spalding Targa.

The Yamaha Graphite XAM4 isn't up there yet; it and the Head still get some use down at the local practice wall. The surprise package of those on the display wall is the Prince Woody. Lovely raquet to use as well, and a practically mint example.

What  a bargain, the DV501 arm is worth twice that on it's own. would you consider selling one of the head shells on it's own, I have a DV 501 which a second head one would be handy.

only problem is l live in vic 

Glenn 

1 hour ago, Glenny said:

What  a bargain

Thanks Glenn - it is indeed a great buy. Re the headshell, can't change the makeup of the package now it's on offer, the second one is handy to have that's for sure.

Thanks 

do they still sell the headshells on there own for 501's?

Don't know. Can't see any reference to it apart from the usual secondhand market. The latest model 507 headshell is a bit different in style but the basic approach will be the same (as would be the fit) for 501 and similar later models. They are made in a very solid fashion.

Posted (edited)

They're a universal headshell. You can purchase the latest Dynavector headshell and use it on the 501.

Edited by plato8010

This advertisement has been withdrawn or the offer has expired.