Movies to watch at reference level.

I just finished watching MegaMind with the kids. I find this an enjoyable movie but the sound track doesn't really pop, everything sounded a bit mellow and restrained compared to the scenes.

The soundtrack however was often really good with clear dialogue, well placed and we'll tracked sound effects, and great music.

Normally I listen at -12,5dB below reference levels, or less with the kidsas any louder is starting to become uncomfortable or scary, but with MegaMind I can actually play at -0dB reference level and then things really start to fall into place, with more slam and low level energy.

Anyone else experience this with other movies. Which other movies can be listen to at reference levels?

I don't have any BluRay's or DVD's that I can listen to at reference, 0.00dB (usually we listen at -15 to -18dB)

I have noticed Netflix and Stan with movies that are in surround format, the volume needs to be increased to -8

I don't have any BluRay's or DVD's that I can listen to at reference, 0.00dB (usually we listen at -15 to -18dB)

I have noticed Netflix and Stan with movies that are in surround format, the volume needs to be increased to -8

I am listening at a similar level. -12.5dB when alone and -15 to -18dB with the family.

Treatment of the room has improved levels now, while before I would have to turn it down more, but reference levels is still way to loud.

Not sure where this is coming from.