Sign in to follow this  
TomW

Sydney Audio Club Meeting - Sunday 16th June 2019 - Harbeth Monitor 40.2

For our June club meeting we are very pleased to have the exceptionally musical Harbeth Monitor 40.2 speakers, courtesy of Cameron Pope of Krispy Audio (https://krispyaudio.com.au/).  Unfortunately Cameron cannot attend on the day due to other commitments.

For our first half, we will have two separate music sessions where two members will play up to 25 minutes of music of their choice. These “Member Music Sessions” (as we call them) prove to be very enjoyable, interesting and often surprizing.

Details of the system…

Speakers:  Harbeth Monitor 40.2 speakers.  Refer to: https://krispyaudio.com.au/products/harbeth-monitor-40-2-speakers.html

Amplifier:  AudioGD Master-10 Integrated.  Refer to http://www.audio-gd.com/Master/Master10/Master-10EN.htm
Sources:   Gryphon Mikado Reference CDP  (for CD playback)

Oppo BDP-105D universal player (for USB flash drives)

The second half of the music sessions will be our popular BYO.  Members and guests are welcome to offer music to share with us all. So bring along your favourite music on CD/SACD or USB thumb/flash drives (sorry, no vinyl this month). All we ask is that the music and recordings be interesting. We'll ask you to tell us a little about the artist/recording before it is played. Tracks over 6 minutes will be faded out, to give everyone a fair go. 

Whether you are a novice or a seasoned veteran, you will have the opportunity to listen, learn and share your experiences with others. Feel free to come and hear the capabilities of the system, or to just share the experience with like-minded music lovers in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. 

Guests are welcome – we are a very friendly club so you don't need to know anyone to join us for an afternoon of fine music and sound.

Venue:  Epping Creative Centre, Dence Park
Address:  26 Stanley Road, Epping

When:  Sunday 16th June 2019

Doors open 1pm
Meeting starts at 2pm

Tom Waters

President

Sydney Audio Club

W: http://www.sydneyaudioclub.org/

FB: https://www.facebook.com/sydneyaudioclub

E: tomwaters@sydneyaudioclub.org.au

Edited by TomW

Our June club meeting attracted lots of Harbeth lovers, and quite a few English speaker lovers in general.  They did indeed sound lovely.  In our room, they projected a big warm soundstage with good detail and good bass.  A few people thought they were over-priced, but designing and building great loudspeakers is not an inexpensive enterprise. Most people just loved the sound they made – the antithesis of some uber high-end HiFi speakers of today.  More than a few people made comparisons to some PMCs we had in a couple of years ago.

Here are some comments from the feedback forms…

“Would love to hear the 40.2 with valve amplification.”

“Another good meeting.  System sounded good, great speakers.”

“Entertaining.”

“Excellent meeting.  Arguably the best speakers since the PMCs.”

“Excellent - very interesting to hear such an iconic speaker.”

“Good speakers at reasonable price.”

“Great speakers - did everything well.”

“The speakers performed well but is the price warranted?”

“As usual, friendly, cordial and very enjoyable.  Although pricey, the Harbeths excelled.  Very refined sound.”

“Great variety of music.  Absolute magic tweeters.  Natural midrange and adequate bass.”

Photos to follow…

DSC_1569.JPG

DSC_1570.JPG

DSC_1573.JPG

DSC_1575.JPG

Edited by TomW

Looking at the artwork on that computer what is running it?

Another top meeting and good write up Tom, speakers sounded great and what a beaut way to spend a Sunday Arvo, listening to HiFi in an enjoyable friendly environment, doesn't get any better!! 

What are those things on top of the speakers?

Oh ok thank you : /

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Harbord
      Item Condition: Used - 9/10 Condition. Slight oxidisation on terminals, if closely inspected. Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Manly State: New South Wales Payment Method: EFT Reason for selling: Upgraded to Harbeth 30.2 Item: Harbeth P3ESR Speakers - Maple
      Skylan SM-26 Speaker Stands
      Track Audio Speaker Spikes

Delivery: Local Pickup preferred.
      Inter-state purchasers to arrange the courier and insurance. I will package-up the speakers and drop off at a local courier pickup location that supports multiple couriers.

The original Harbeth packaging is double-boxed with additional internal protection for speakers edges. The outer packaging box does have some slight moisture damage from their time in storage; The inner packaging box is still in excellent condition.

The Skylan SM-26 Speaker Stands are currently mass-loaded with Medium Grain White Rice (4kg each). Skylan SM-26 Speaker Stands can be disassembled and packaged. See photos for assembly instructions.

Packaging Dimensions
      Speakers: 425 x 555 x 325mm
      Stands: 720 x 390 x 190mm

Extra Info: These Harbeth P3ESR were purchased ten years ago. In excellent condition, no marks or scratches.

Specifications
      https://www.harbeth.co.uk/hifi-speaker/11/Harbeth-P3ESR-loudspeaker

Reviews:
      Harbeth P3ESR loudspeaker - Stereophile - Aug 12, 2010

Harbeth P3ESR loudspeaker Follow-Up - Stereophile - October 2010

Harbeth P3ESR Loudspeakers - SoundStage Australia - Sept 15, 2017

Further information: 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

Skylan Speaker Stand Assembly - Single, Double Quad Column.pdf
    • By Harbord
      Price: $2500 Item Condition: Used - 9/10 Condition. Slight oxidisation on  terminals, if closely inspected.  Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Manly State: New South Wales Payment Method: Bank Transfer, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgraded to Harbeth 30.2 Item:
      Harbeth P3ESR Speakers - Maple
      Skylan SM-26 Speaker Stands
      Track Audio Speaker Spikes

Delivery: Local Pickup preferred.
      Inter-state purchasers to arrange the courier and insurance. I will package-up the speakers and drop off at a local courier pickup location that supports multiple couriers.

The original Harbeth packaging is double-boxed with additional internal protection for speakers edges. The outer packaging box does have some slight moisture damage from their time in storage; The inner packaging box is still in excellent condition.

The Skylan SM-26 Speaker Stands are currently mass-loaded with Medium Grain White Rice (4kg each). Skylan SM-26 Speaker Stands can be disassembled and packaged. See photos for assembly instructions.

Packaging Dimensions
      Speakers: 425 x 555 x 325mm
      Stands: 720 x 390 x 190mm

Extra Info: These Harbeth P3ESR were purchased ten years ago. In excellent condition, no marks or scratches.

Specifications
      https://www.harbeth.co.uk/hifi-speaker/11/Harbeth-P3ESR-loudspeaker

Reviews:
      Harbeth P3ESR loudspeaker - Stereophile - Aug 12, 2010

Harbeth P3ESR loudspeaker Follow-Up - Stereophile - October 2010

Harbeth P3ESR Loudspeakers - SoundStage Australia - Sept 15, 2017

• By daro
      Price: $4200 Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Sydney, Lindfield 2070 State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash on Pickup preferred Reason for selling: Planning to move overseas I have for sale my beloved pair of Harbeth M30.1 in Tiger Ebony finish. These are 35th Anniversary Edition, with Ultra-Pure OFC wiring. They're in excellent condition and come from smoke, pet and kid-free home.

I'm the first owner and bought the speakers six years ago directly from Harbeth. I looked after them, dusted off regularly, and as per Harbeth's recommendations never used oils or chemicals when cleaning them. The veneer looks great, like new. I also never removed the grills, they fit very tight. My M30.1's had very easy live as I listen to music a few hours a week and always at low volume. So they were never driven hard.

It's a very reluctant sale, but as I'm planing to move overseas I would prefer to find them a new good home here, instead of shipping them to the other part of the world.

I'll also include my DIY stands. This can be the best Ikea hack ever, they fit speakers perfectly. But I could've done a better job with painting them. They are quite low though, and put the tweeters at around 78cm from the floor, which works for me.

I have the original boxes, but would prefer a local sale and pickup at this stage. I'm in Lindfield (2070) and you're off course welcomed to audition and inspect the speakers before buying. 

• By yannakout
      Item: Harbeth 30.1 pair, Lavardin isx integrated amplifier, Chord Qutest DAC, Hifi Racks stands, chord shawline RCA, Vermouth Serenade speaker cable 
      Price: $9,500
      Item Condition: practically new (3 months old)
      Reason for selling: Moving overseas
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: I have all invoices and mostly all of the items are still under warranty 
      cost new: $15,900
      Harbeth 30.1 rosewood = $6,400
      lavardin isx integrated amp = $4,200
      Chord Qutest DAC = $2,400
      Hifi racks stands = $1,400
      chord shawline RCA = $400
      Vermouth serenade cables = $290

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By kylevuong19
      Item: Harbeth P3ESR, 30.1 or C7 in eucalyptus
      Price Range: negotiable
      Item Condition: used or ex demo
      Extra Info:

Hi guys, I'm looking for a pair of Harbeth bookshelf speakers, either P3ESR, 30.1 or C7 in eucalyptus for my bedroom setup, with our without stand is fine.
      Please let me know if you have one for sale.

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).