Posted (edited)

Item:  Auralic Vega
Price: $1700
Item Condition: has some issues, see below
Reason for selling: got two of them
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: I bought this unit from eBay and it has a couple of issues:

• there is a dent in the base, it doesn’t affect sound quality though
  • the control knob doesn’t click in for menu access, all menu items are however accessible from the included remote
  • the display is patchy reflecting the fact that the previous owner probably had it on 24*7

that said, it still sounds awesome. There are tons of reviews on the web. This Dac beats any of the competitors I’ve tested including, bel canto, matrix and a whole bunch that have faded into obscurity.

This unit came from the uk, hence the 230v designation. I have box, remote and manual

box belongs to another unit, I have the original.

Images have been updated

Happy to provide more details on requestA608A47D-CED6-4743-9BC2-457F4B7D9A93.thumb.jpeg.5fa27801d72250598e0087d5eafd0be0.jpeg

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

86F01D6C-B712-4B53-97F4-40CAA0CEDF60.jpeg

1E613E85-C59F-40D2-8440-421C4B44EA31.jpeg

B5CD79FA-06E3-48D8-BF36-5388CB9A736A.jpeg

A9F435A3-D5E6-4859-A2B5-6885D4997922.jpeg

C3468E6D-5FF4-4ADE-8AB7-E8DC1FAC4A57.jpeg

EA802DD7-8DA2-44B3-BEF6-430A2FF67632.jpeg

Edited by Astronutter

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Astronutter said:

there is a dent in the base, it doesn’t impact sound quality though

11 hours ago, Astronutter said:

the display is patchy reflecting the fact that the previous owner probably had it on 24*7

Is it possible you can add pictures of these two problems?

I know you can't do anything about the 3rd problem of the selector decoder with pics.

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi

I don’t see any issues with the display in looking at the second image, relative to my recently sold unit. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TommyP
      Item: Aventage Yamaha RXA3080
      Price: $2400 neg
      Item Condition: Brand New
      Payment Method: Happy to discuss whatever option suits.
      Extra Info: This is unit is still sealed, warranty receipt can be provided.

• By Antoinedelmar1
      Item: Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones with bonus Hard Carry Case
      Price: $450.00
      Item Condition: Immaculate as new condition
      Reason for selling: Upgraded to HD-800
      Extra Info:  Carry Case was purchased from Amazon U.S for AUD70.00. Headphones are in mint condition.

Pick up in Liverpool or Alexandria NSW, or can post at buyers expense

• By MAXXX
      Item: Wyred 4 Sound DAC-1, with femto clock upgrade
      Price: Withdrawn
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR

Extra Info: Great DAC, excellent condition.
      Femto clock upgraded by the dealer, DeepHZAudio (2015.). It comes with original box and manual.
      Postage for Aus metro areas $35 via StarTrack couriers with tracking (or organize your own courier for pickup).
      Payment to bank account or PayPal as friend (no fees).
      Happy to demo for local buyers.

https://wyred4sound.com/sites/default/files/DAC-1-LEMANUALv1.pdf

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue51/wyred.htm

Femto-Grade Master Clock Option*
      Accuracy and overall quality of the master clock are crucial to obtaining optimum sound quality. The standard clock is no slouch but you now have the option to upgrade to the highest grade component available in its class. Implementation of this femto grade clock optimizes audio quality by lowering phase jitter by over 80% as well as greatly reducing phase noise in the digital circuit. Clocks of this grade are typically found in DAC's retailing for $6K or more.

Wyred4Sound DAC 1. This is the final DAC. You need no other. This is the sound of the recordings you love. It too gets out of the way but even more so. Perhaps better internal parts make for its powerful presentation, richness, authority, cleanness and overwhelming detail retrieval. But it’s not 'detail', it’s not 'resolution'. It’s hyper reality of the kind the musician hears before his music is transformed from sweat and blood into product. I don’t understand how Wyred4 Sound managed but they’re holding up the bar mighty high while we enjoy the music.    

• By Orca
      Item: Musical Fidelity M1 DAC-A
      Price: $300 + shipping
      Item Condition: 8/10 - some slight marks on top
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Bank Transfer
      Extra Info: 
      I have had this M1 DAC-A since new. It is the . After a move about 4 years ago, it has sat in storage, which is a total waste of a good unit. Great sounding, with lovely, punchy bass and a lovely, open soundstage as highlights. 

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/m1dac/

From https://www.audiostream.com/content/musical-fidelity-m1-dac-new-one
      The Musical Fidelity M1 DAC is easy to listen to and just as easy to like. I'd characterize its overall presentation as being on the taught ("toight like a tiger" for Goldmember fans) and resolute side. I'd also suggest that this perception varies somewhat depending on the input: Toslink seems to favor attack or edges over harmonic density whereas USB adds back some weight with less edge. Overall, music is presented in a convincingly portrayed stage with a very distinct separation of sonic elements regardless of size or complexity of source material. The M1s ability to unravel musical complexities is a pleasure to partake in and perhaps one of its most compelling features. Things sound clean, lively and as snappy as the music demands. There's never a sense of sonic grunge or a lack of dynamic rigor. Music moves.

From https://www.stereophile.com/content/musical-fidelity-m1-dac
      With the M1 DAC, I heard a degree of low-level resolution I'd never before heard from a DAC. I think this may have had to do with the M1's astonishingly low noise floor: an absence of hash, of electronic grunge, of anything that compromised purity or sweetness of tone. 

It has a couple of very slight scuffs on the top, but I had trouble getting them visible in photos.

I have all packaging, so shipping should not be a problem.

I am working on rotating some of the images. Don't know why they are upside down...

Photos: 

• By Cnnnnc
      Item: Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum integrated amp.
      Price: $1800
      Item Condition: excellent
      Reason for selling: Upgrade
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (+3%), Bank Transfer
      Extra Info:
      Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum, with tube cage, 
      The amp is a few years old, has been flawless...with amazing sound. 
      The tube cage is a seperate add-on, and will have to be shipped seperately, so prefer pickup. 
      I have used this amp to drive the Wilson Sashas with beautiful sound.
      Any questions, please ask lots of great reviews available for reading on the net for the awards, reviews on the Cronus Magnum...
      It comes with remote and original boxes. If shipping is required it can be discussed.

Specifications
      - 100WPC Magnum
      - Remote volume control included
      - 20Hz-30Khz bandwidth
      - Phono section gain 35dB (before preamp)
      - (3) line level inputs, (1) phono input
      - (1) variable output, (1) fixed output
      - Headphone amplifier
      - 4 and 8 ohm taps
      - Optional tube cage
      - 25kg shipping weight