Beolab 9 speakers - opinions please

I have not been as active as I would have liked on SNA lately. Been working 7 days a week and a few other things, my apologies for those that have been trying to be in contact with me etc.

Anyway

A friend of mine has a pair of Beolab 9 speakers she wishes to sell. I offered to assist her in the process. 

There are historical posts here on SNA and elsewhere on the web, but I thought I would ask again, especially re:

• who are using them - and feedback?
  • what they would be worth?
  • how easy it is to connect to a TV, without lip-syncing issues?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

I am using a pair (for around 6 years now) with a Primare PRE32 & media board swapping with a PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Pre (valve) for control. My sources are CD, Turntable via R32 Phono stage and Digital/DAC streaming all via the preamps. I think you have to spend more on Amp/Speaker/Cable to match active speakers like these. They look great (architectural fit out) and sound great (musical, great soundstage and non fatigueing)which is the goal for most speakers I would think. Connections from the Beolabs to the preamps is via a cable with DIN at the Beolab end to RCA or XLR at preamp.

I cannot tell you what they are now worth but have owned mine from new and have no intention of replacing. I am not sure why you would have lip syncing issues with TV. You would clearly need amp pre-out connections on the TV or connect via a AVR Preamp or similar

• Like 1