SOLD: FS: OKKI NOKKI (WHITE) RCM

SOLD

Item: Okki Nokki MKI  MKII RCM (White)
Price: $520
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

EDIT: This is a MKII and not a MK1, as I first thought. This means it is manufactured in China (not Germany) and has a plastic instead of metal wand. Apologies for any confusion caused !

For sale is a MK II Okki Nokki record cleaner, purchased in 2014 from Krispy Audio. Included in the sale are wands for 12” and 7” records, a clamp, and dust cover. The cover and 7” wand are additional purchases and retail for $115 and $75 respectively, and the 7" wand is unused. The dust cover is a must IMO, as keeping dust from a RCM is pretty important !

The unit has seen mild to moderate use, and there are months where it’s barely used. 

For anyone not familiar with the Okki Nokki, it is a wet - vacuum cleaning system, and works by first agitating debris from the record as it rotates via a brush placed along the grooves. After a few rotations (the unit has forward and reverse) the wand vacuums the liquid away, leaving you with a clean and hopefully crackle and pop - free record. It can’t perform miracles and fix a record retrieved from a dumpster, but for gunk, mould, fingerprints etc... it does a good job.  And with the debris and detritus new records come with, it’s a good idea to clean everything, not just 2nd hand purchases. Your needle will thank you. 

A few months after I received the unit, it had an issue with the vacuum cleaner which was easily fixed by a fuse replacement and was a common problem with this model. It has been trouble - free ever since. 

The original brush is long gone, so you’ll need to grab something suitable. There are plenty of options, and of course you’ll need to arm yourself with a record cleaning concoction. 

I’ll also throw in a back - up set of spare velvet strips, which attach to the 12” wand and should be changed about every 50 records. 

Shipping is possible as I have the box for the unit, however I don’t have one for the dust cover and so preference is given to local pick-up.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

fullsizeoutput_1731.jpeg

IMG_7212.JPG

IMG_7216.JPG

IMG_7221.JPG

Edited by Goatboy
Update description