Samsung 8K 65 Inch TV

This is why i prefer using external sources for play back, Vero 4K and Apple TV etc. Don't have to worry about those issues then.

Yes agreed. I find Apple TV to be the best for Netflix for example, great quality and the bonus of using your phone as a remote.
  • Like 1

I’ve always had Samsung TV’s over the years and will continue enjoying their technology for many more.

If you want an 8K TV then there really aren't any alternatives currently, it's the Q900 or nothing. But if you're looking for a 4K TV that can at least get into a similar HDR ballpark as the Q900, check out the Samsung Q9FN. The Q9FN has an identical set of smart features, local dimming, and  excellent HDR performance.

14 hours ago, Audio_Slave said:

check out the Samsung Q9FN

I think it would be hard to check this tv out at any store leave alone buy it.  I have been waiting 3 weeks now for Samsung to deliver my Q90R65 - it’s out of stock. 

Edited by maxdax
Edit typo

Hi All

Got it now.

Indeed make sure you see it with your own content.

Looking at HD and UHD streamed content everyone, including me says the same thing - its just so clear with greater depth.

My suspicion is its not the 8K in and of itself - its the up-sampling that is simply cutting edge.   The lack of any actual obvious pixels regardless of how close you are is not something you notice at normal viewing distances, but somehow when combined with the up-scaling clarity and depth is much increased at any distance. 

So check it out for yourself - the best deal at the moment I have seen is Harvey-Norman:

https://www.harveynorman.com.au/samsung-65-inch-q900-8k pro-qled-smart-tv.html

Nearly any store will price match - I got mine from video-pro.

But again its not the resolution that hits you, it's the seamless clarity and depth.  Why when you cant see pixels at normal distances that is I do not know.   I think I did post a link at the start of peoples perception of 8K at normal distances.   I will try and dig it up again and re-post it with some comments.

Thanks

Bill

Edited by bhobba

Here is the link I posted before and my comments:

http://www.insightmedia.info/8k-tvs-top-tv-line-ups-for-a-reason/

What they wrote is pretty much what I noticed:

'As a result of the study, 8K displays performance was rated 35% higher—with perceived image quality increasing by 30% and depth perception increasing 60% from 4K to 8K.'

They viewed at 9 feet - I view at about 10-12 feet

Thanks

Bill

Edited by bhobba

On 15/06/2019 at 6:06 PM, Mrpseudonym said:

A few minutes with google, and you can find out that the UI on the Sony’s is pretty rubbish, and there are apparently issues streaming, so know I am back to square one looking for a new TV.

What I will do is when I find one, I will go back to Geoff at Good Guys..Artarmon. He was knowledgable, helpful, and not pushy.  

I am very concerned you had trouble getting them to play your content.   These TV's are not cheap - any  decent store should facilitate you doing what you did.  Glad you got to eventually.

Strange though you found the opposite of me.   I found up-scaled HD better than my previous TV's 4k and my friend preferred the Samsung 8k to the Sony OLED 4K - the opposite of your impressions.  But that comparison was done with 4k  material rather than HD.

Just goes to show you must look at TV's with your own content and  make up your own mind.

BTW the more I watch my TV the better I like it.

Thanks

Bill

Edited by bhobba

1 hour ago, Whites said:

@bhobba That's good news about your new TV, I have only just upgraded to a 4k.  A little jealous of your 8k?

Don't worry - prices will drop quickly just like 4K's.   

Thanks

Bill

• 2 months later...

• 3 weeks later...