dCS at FPHF

We have just received the dCS Bartock DAC/Streamer with headphone amplifier (it is available without if preferred).

First impressions - build quality is amazing on this thing! Touches the scales at just short of 22kg. Sound quality out of the box is out of this world - playing Roon (via Nucleus+) over the network, the Bartok just sounds so fluid and organic. While Roon Remote is our preferred software of choice here at Frank Prowse HQ, the recently-released dCS Mosiac software is beautiful and very easy to use. You can stream your music as well as fully control the options that the Bartok presents within this very slick app!

dCS Bartok Upsampling Network Streamer with Headphone Amp - $22,995

dCS Bartok Upsampling Network Streamer  - $18,995

_MH19199.jpg

Edited by Frank Prowse Hi-Fi

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

For those who have always aspired to own some dCS gear, now is the time to consider your options - as of 1 August 2020, the range is seeing some price adjustments across the board. Some products will have bigger rises than others, but for those particularly interested in Bartok and Network Bridge products, I would suggest now is the time to contact your dealer and put your order in before the price rises hit.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, after what seems like an eternity, we now have our own dCS Bartok on the showroom floor. Ready for audition! We also have the Network Bridge. Remember there are price rises due in about a week so if you are on the fence about this or any other dCS product, now is the time to act!

Obligatory sexy Bartok pics incoming...

Hi! First time post ever for me. I tried a Bartok in my system courtesy of FP and was expecting a small incremental improvement in musical involvement vs my Directstream. Wow, was I wrong! It was revelatory. Its a cliche, but after 20 years of chasing analogue MUSIC from digital sources, it was the closest I've heard! It may be multiples in pricing of the Directstream but it left it, to my surprise (and not my initial expectation going into this), in the dust. It was beyond incremental as I was expecting. There was a significantly greater musical involvement and, relative to the analytical nature apparent in the Chords and DS's, was a fair bit noticeably more musical. Soundstage expanded and was so detailed could position performers well in relative depth not just laterally - a marked deepening and expansion in presentation. Highly tonal and not short of slam. Simply alive and very engaging. Another step closer to Audio Nirvana on this never ending journey. In short, I had little choice but to buy it! Thanks Mark, Dave and Jacob!! Now I have to wait for it. 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Frank Prowse Hi-Fi said:

This is it, ladies and gentlemen, the last few hours to get into dCS product before the worldwide price rise! 

I don't get how companies are jacking up their prices at the moment.  It makes no sense in an environment where there is no wage growth, no GDP growth not to mention the glaringly obvious pandemic.  And they can't blame the falling Aussie dollar either.

This isn't having a go at the retailer who needs to cover all their costs.  It is either the importer or manufacturer.

Edited by PKay
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, PKay said:

I don't get how companies are jacking up their prices at the moment.  It makes no sense in an environment where there is no wage growth, no GDP growth not to mention the glaringly obvious pandemic.  And they can't blame the falling Aussie dollar either.

This isn't having a go at the retailer who needs to cover all their costs.  It is either the importer or manufacturer.

Price rises certainly never help, but in the case of dCS, they have certainly explained themselves better than most..

"The reasons for this price increase, particularly the higher than usual increases, is that our parts and running costs have increased massively over the last 12 months.

The falling strength of the GBP this year has affected not just dCS but our entire UK supply chain meaning the price of our metal, electronics, packaging has all increased >10%.

Covid-19 has also had a huge impact on our business as well as our UK supply chain. A number of our suppliers also work in aerospace, F1 and automotive and all three of these industries have been hit very hard. This has meant our key suppliers have had to make massive changes and refocus their business as well as making themselves Covid secure. All of this comes at a cost as does our desire to make sure we are our supplier’s number 1 priority. For us we needed to ensure quality and continuity of supply from our key suppliers which has meant paying a premium to be at the front of the queue.

The price increases you see are our post Covid prices. With this pricing we feel confident in our supply chain, their ability to deliver and our ability to make and support dCS products now and into the future."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

dCS have launched a new website - www.dcsaudio.com, which gives  the visitor a very easy ability to understand their key technologies and the differences between the various product ranges, with the ability to compare.

1697135643_Screenshot_2021-05-28dCSOnlyTheMusic.thumb.png.33d09a8bbe8bf862dce582cd21f93f88.png

Edited by Frank Prowse Hi-Fi

• 2 weeks later...

Despite dCS product dropping their pricing globally at the beginning of April, it seems that those price drops are short lived and there will be a smaller increase as of July 1, so anyone on the fence about jumping into dCS, now would be the time to do it!

_MH19199.thumb.jpg.ab6d364b80ba5f381d807bddfeb6f52c.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...