Sign in to follow this  
anewmission

Pioneer plasma has line in one corner.. Need fixing

I was lucky enough to pick up a pioneer pro-1410hd elite[emoji2400] 61 (d) today for free. 80kgs was a huge effort fitting it into my hatchback at 61"plus bezel and custom steel frame.

So it has a line in the left top corner, not a burn in.. The pixels are still alive just a constant yellow colour. Wondering if anyone knows what this is and if it can easily be fixed?

It's a damn nice screen for its age. Once I can find another 3 guys to help me get it out of my car I will take some photos. Thanks in advance

Any pictures? Your problem usually indicates a stuck pixel and you need some burn in methods (playing various flashing colours and images) to revive the stuck pixel.

Any pictures? Your problem usually indicates a stuck pixel and you need some burn in methods (playing various flashing colours and images) to revive the stuck pixel.
The rest of the screen in fine. I'm going to take the back off and reattach the corrosponding ribbon and then I'll try what you are saying..
Would a static screen help remove burn in?

On 01/07/2019 at 1:43 PM, anewmission said:

The rest of the screen in fine. I'm going to take the back off and reattach the corrosponding ribbon and then I'll try what you are saying..
Would a static screen help remove burn in?

No, it will make it worse. Static screens one of the things that can cause ghosting on plasmas.