Portable Bluetooth Speaker query

I need a Portable Bluetooth that does not turn off after 15mins or a similar time.
I need the speaker to pair with my Laptop, the speaker will be in a fixed location about 4 metres away, so I dont wont to be jumping up to turn it on all the time.
Have just bought a Marley Get-Together Model EM-JA006_IB  which works fine but turns off after 15mins, the speaker I had before was a small Logitech X50 which stayed on, i intend to leave it plugged in all the time, any suggestions please.

5 hours ago, bbarrott said:

I need a Portable Bluetooth that does not turn off after 15mins or a similar time.
I need the speaker to pair with my Laptop, the speaker will be in a fixed location about 4 metres away, so I dont wont to be jumping up to turn it on all the time.
Have just bought a Marley Get-Together Model EM-JA006_IB  which works fine but turns off after 15mins, the speaker I had before was a small Logitech X50 which stayed on, i intend to leave it plugged in all the time, any suggestions please.

I have Fugoo bluetooth speakers which have different setting options for 'auto' power off. 'Auto' power off can be turned off completely - i.e it will not automatically turn off. Here is a snippet from the user manual of the Fugoo.

image.png.294905800b277f53c6e114dc51cffb6a.png

Edited by anandpkumar
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, surprisetech said:

Have you considered getting one of those little Bluetooth receivers with line level &/or S/PDIF output.

Then the remote speaker can be anything with compatible inputs.

This type of thing:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/accessories/logitech/logitech-bluetooth-audio-adapter/560263/

This comment below was at jbhifi by a customers review.

Didn't connect automatically even if it's paired.

The big disadvantage is, I have to manually push the button on this Bluetooth device to get connected each and every time even if it is paired. Tried with a variety of devices and it's the same. Don't recommend this one if you want to pair one time and get connected automatically next time.

Edited by bbarrott
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bbarrott said:

This comment below was at jbhifi by a customers review.

Didn't connect automatically even if it's paired.

The big disadvantage is, I have to manually push the button on this Bluetooth device to get connected each and every time even if it is paired. Tried with a variety of devices and it's the same. Don't recommend this one if you want to pair one time and get connected automatically next time.

Thanks to all for there advice might consider the Fugoo, have to sell the Marleys

On 04/06/2019 at 8:34 AM, bbarrott said:

what music source are you using on the laptop. As you are finding based on the specs of most BT speaker probably not ideal for your situation anyway. Any reason why you couldn't use a Sonos One Speaker connected over wifi and controlled from the laptop or even your phone?

• Like 1

what music source are you using on the laptop. As you are finding based on the specs of most BT speaker probably not ideal for your situation anyway. Any reason why you couldn't use a Sonos One Speaker connected over wifi and controlled from the laptop or even your phone?

Agree.
Wifi speaker such as Sonos Play 1 would be a better option.
I’m upgrading from Cambridge Audio G2 for the same reasons you mentioned above.