Catalogue of albums you own

Does anyone have suggestions or experience on the best way to catalogue the vinyl albums you own, particularly in a way that can be bought up on your smartphone (iPhone) and is searchable?

I (or my wife) often look for records and sometimes can’t recall if we have that album (or whether we have it on CD/ripped).  We usually have our phones with us, hence the query about accessing the catalogue by a smartphone.  I have heard that Discogs may offer some such system.

Thanks

Yes Discogs is the way to go, with the following caveats:

- it only functions when online

- you'd both need be signed in to the same account

Beyond that you can create your own folders and search by decade, format, genre, style etc

It also provides min, med & max market values for individual discs and therefore your entire collection too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KRSDarwin said:

Does anyone have suggestions or experience on the best way to catalogue the vinyl albums you own, particularly in a way that can be bought up on your smartphone (iPhone) and is searchable?

I (or my wife) often look for records and sometimes can’t recall if we have that album (or whether we have it on CD/ripped).  We usually have our phones with us, hence the query about accessing the catalogue by a smartphone.  I have heard that Discogs may offer some such system.

Thanks

discogs is the most comprehensive

• Thanks 1

I use Discogs, as mentioned above by others.

Useful for a few reasons. You can export your collection via CSV file (EXCEL). I'm taking some time off so went through and checked all of my collection to make sure I had it in Discogs. I sent this CSV file to my insurance company a few weeks ago, and appropriately sought the coverage needed for the approx. 1200 albums i now have (which was a surprise).

When in shops or online, I have discogs open on my phone to make sure I don't already have the album.

There is also quite a handy function whereby if you order via a Discogs seller, once completed it will add to your library for you once you send feedback on the transaction.

Discogs has been bettered by anything else I've searched in terms of storing collection.

• Thanks 1