Sign in to follow this  
HifiBean

SOLD: FS: A pair of Tannoy HPD/385/8 Drivers

Item: A pair of Tannoy HPD/385/8 Drivers
Price: AUD 1600
Item Condition: Used, vintage, well-kept in clean, no pet, non-smoking environment
Reason for selling: Wife no longer accepts too many big speakers in small living area so kid has space to play around
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

- No original crossovers or any crossovers come with the drivers

- I have built a pair of Arden boxes for these drivers years ago. The boxes are thick (25mm mdf) and very heavy so anyone in Canberra are welcomed to come and have a listen the drivers with these boxes.

- If you want to have the boxes as well, may be 300$ more and you can take them home. 

- For interstate buyers, the best is not taking the boxes because they are big and heavy

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_6813.JPG

IMG_6814.JPG

IMG_6815.JPG

IMG_6816.JPG

IMG_6817.JPG

IMG_6818.JPG

IMG_6819.JPG

IMG_6820.JPG

IMG_6821.JPG

I have one crossover for these Can't believeI lost the other one.

I did not look for the vintage crossovers because I built them myself with good new capacitors, resistors and coils. When I stopped using these drivers, I took the parts from these crossovers to build crossovers  for other speakers :)

There's lots of info about building updated crossovers for these. Big improvement is likely, over the frail old Tannoy parts. (I did it).

Lovely drivers.

Agreed about the cross-overs. https://speakerbug.com.au/ has some decent components, not so costly if not wanting to buy from over-seas. I used to buy Jantzen caps and air-core coils from them

Posted (edited)

These are the boxes. My wife forced me to bring them down-stair into garage and I had to hire somebody to come over last weekend to help me bringing them down after taking the drivers out. We were careful but still damaged one corner (paint off a bit, in the photos) while taking them down with 3-wheel trolley

I have another set of boxes much heavier than these and bigger :)

IMG_6866 - Copy.JPG

IMG_6867 - Copy.JPG

IMG_6868 - Copy.JPG

IMG_6869 - Copy.JPG

IMG_6870 - Copy.JPG

IMG_6872 - Copy.JPG

IMG_6874 - Copy.JPG

IMG_6874.JPG

IMG_6875.JPG

IMG_6876.JPG

IMG_6878.JPG

Edited by HifiBean

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ThroneofGame
      Item: Original Vintage Knosti Disco-Antistat Record Washing Device
      Price: $70
      Item Condition:  Like new - hardly used - except for the box - it was made about 20 years ago!
      Reason for selling:  I have a VPI record cleaning machine
      Extra Info:  This is the German-made - pre-unification (says Made in W. Germany) - original version of probably the most economical record cleaning device on the market!

Cleans 7", 10" and 12" Records  All fluids etc are supplied in the box. Manual Record Cleaner. This is a very cost effective wet cleaning system for LP’s. Supplied with Full instructions and 1.0 Litres of Cleaning Fluid Easy To Use Excellent Value Extra Cleaning Fluid Easily obtainable
      Submerges a record in a bath of cleaning fluid.
      The principle is simple, two discs with a 100mm diameter, clamp each side of the record's label, thus protecting it during cleaning, this then rests in a groove at the top of the rectangular cleaning bath, the bath is topped up with supplied cleaning fluid, the record is then rotated around its central axis. As the record passes through the bath, two sets of brushes clean each side of the album. Once you’re happy with the results simply remove the record and centre clamps, and place your clean album on the rack to dry. Because the cleaning solution contains wetting agent, records dry without smears. When cleaning is complete, pour your used cleaning fluid from the bath through a filtering funnel back into you cleaning fluid bottle for re-use.

Read Marc Rushton's reveiw here:  https://www.stereo.net.au/reviews/review-knosti-disco-antistat-record-cleaner

• By d_caruso
      Item: Tannoy Revolution XT6F floorstanding speakers - dark walnut
      Price: $1100 now $890 for a quick sale
      Item Condition: Unmarked and as new (but run in of course). 
      Reason for selling: upgraded
      Payment Method: Pickup in PERTH (SOR) only - Cash, Paypal, bank transfer
      Extra Info: I bought these new about 3 years ago, but they’ve had very little use. They’ve been used to play vinyl at family friendly listening levels and powered (easily) by a 20ish watt SET amp. The rave reviews you’ll find by googling are all true IMO. I think this one is spot on: https://www.whathifi.com/tannoy/revolution-xt6f/review. The soundstage, accuracy and timing of the drivers are amazing, I reckon. So taken am I with the dual concentric concept I splurged on the new Tannoy Cheviots, so these are sitting unused and need to go.
      Donation to SN on sale.

• By Sensit60
      Item:  Yamaha Natural Sound AM/FM stereo tuner T-760 
      Price: free to collect for $20 donation to StereoNet
      Item Condition:   Operating when last used.
      Reason for selling: not able to use
      Payment Method: Pick up
      Extra Info:   This unit was chosen and used by Graham Thirkell, renowned professional audio design engineer. 

• By spacessound
      Item: Pair of Tannoy Monitor Gold 12 speakers in original condition
      Price: $2500
      Item Condition: In fair to very good condition 
      Reason for selling: deceased estate
      Extra Info: These speakers belonged to my father in law who recently passed away (i'm back in Australia to help with things through the process) - He had them since new (purchased in NZ and brought to Aus in the 80s) He was a piano player and only ever played classical music through them. I'm not sure they've even been used more than a handful of times in the last 20 years. 

The interior -drivers and cross overs - are immaculate with the rubber shrouds showing no signs of deterioration. The cabinets have some fading on the top surface (see photos) which could be renovated. The rest of the cabinets are in fair condition given their age. I'd think some sensitive attention would result in a successful restauration without too much difficulty.

They are currently being amplified with some kind of sony AV thing so not a great reference yet on the weekend i had a couple of listening sessions with them and they present a spacious relaxed atmosphere that beautifully completes a 7 x 6 m. room... despite the amplification. They have detented energy and roll-off switches which i didn't test. The design is a rather famous dual concentric driver but i assume if someone is reading that they already know that. They are even still with the original speaker cabling.

They are located on the Central Coast NSW (Empire Bay) and inspections are welcome. I'm not willing to ship them, but If someone in Sydney or Newcastle was willing to purchase them unseen, i could deliver them. The cabinets measure each 838*553*305 

• By Lovesit
      Item: LUXMAN PD-350 Turntable with LUXMAN TA1 Tonearm made by Micro Seiki and VS 300 Vacuum Stabiliser
      Price: $3800 
      Item Condition: Very Good 8/10
      Reason for selling: Regretful Sale, Newborn on the way
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
      Extra Info:
      Doesn't get better than this.... VINTAGE RARE ITEM...
      Still RATED the best LUXMAN by Micro Seiki Turntable ever made. Regretful sale have a newborn on the way.. have owned this turntable for 14 years now, second owner has been refurbished and serviced by AUDIO RESTORATIONS.. All CAPS have been changed, amps calibrated to AUS standards 240 Volts, serviced and tested.
      RARE opportunity last time item like this was advertised for sale was 7 years ago.
      DONT MISS OUT...