Syd: Crows Nest Books & CD/LP/DVD fair 7th June-17th June

The Sydney Crows Nest books & CD/DVD/LP fair is on from 7th June - 17th June. I had visited when the last fair was on a few months ago and ended up buying quite a few CDs and books. There was a large collection of LPs too last time - though only Classical. The guy at the counter mentioned that for the next iteration (i.e the one starting on 7th June), there will be LPs from all genres. 

Will probably head out there on the weekend.

Edited by anandpkumar
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, anandpkumar said:

The Sydney Crows Nest books & CD/DVD/LP fair is on from 7th June - 17th June. I had visited when the last fair was on a few months ago and ended up buying quite a few CDs and books. There was a large collection of LPs too last time - though only Classical. The guy at the counter mentioned that for the next iteration (i.e the one starting on 7th June), there will be LPs from all genres. 

Thanks for the reminder. 

I went last time and don’t remember seeing any LPs there... so I ended up grabbing all CDs. 

9 hours ago, att23 said:

Thanks for the reminder. 

I went last time and don’t remember seeing any LPs there... so I ended up grabbing all CDs. 

There were a bunch of LPs.....it was kept in the upstairs section - you have to climb up the staircase from inside the hall. The LP collection was all Classical though - not my cup of tea!

Edited by anandpkumar

18 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Does it have a good collection of sci-fi / fantasy books? or is it more non fiction?

All kinds of books across many genres, and at throw away prices. I picked up around 10 odd books in excellent condition for around 40 bucks during the last fair in Jan

Edited by anandpkumar
  • Like 1

I live quite far away from it but my work is considerably closer so i can possibly head down at lunch time, any idea what the parking is like in that area during daytime periods, i know crows nest generally can be quite tricky for parking.

48 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

I live quite far away from it but my work is considerably closer so i can possibly head down at lunch time, any idea what the parking is like in that area during daytime periods, i know crows nest generally can be quite tricky for parking.

I went there on a weekend last time and managed to get parking without too much hassle. Not sure of the situation on weekdays though. There is a multi-story parking attached to the community centre with 2 or 3 hrs of free parking - so I'm guessing you should be good. 

10 hours ago, anandpkumar said:

There were a bunch of LPs.....it was kept in the upstairs section - you have to climb up the staircase from inside the hall. The LP collection was all Classical though - not my cup of tea!

Thanks for letting me know there’s an upstairs classical LP section! Will definitely check out upstairs this time. 

On 04/06/2019 at 12:18 PM, lonewolf said:

did you get a chance to check out the fair? I was out for the long weekend, so will probably try going this weekend

• Like 1

19 hours ago, anandpkumar said:

did you get a chance to check out the fair? I was out for the long weekend, so will probably try going this weekend

Havent had time yet sadly. Generally in the past these kinds of fairs usually have some decent prices on fiction books so was keen on taking a look.

Edited by lonewolf
  • Like 1

I went on the opening night and I didn't think it was that good. I went back today and there was literally double the stock that was available on opening night. Opening night seemed to have a lot of people after the rare books, something I am not interested in. So if you haven't been already there is still a massive amount of stock available.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, groovem said:

I went on the opening night and I didn't think it was that good. I went back today and there was literally double the stock that was available on opening night. Opening night seemed to have a lot of people after the rare books, something I am not interested in. So if you haven't been already there is still a massive amount of stock available.

That's good to know. I was planning on going this weekend, but was hesitating thinking that the good books were probably gone by now. Seems like it's still worth checking out. Thanks for the update.

Ended up going the past weekend. Wasn't too impressed with the CD collection. Found a few books though and a couple of LPs. Overall, not as great as last time but that could be because I was there towards the end of the 10 day fair