Help with SoTM / EUNHASU config

Hi Friends

I’m having trouble accessing my music library on the external hard drive attached to my sotm sms 200.

It has worked well enough for 18 months but recently stopped working and I noticed that the info in the library config was missing.

I entered the file path //mwdata/music/USB1/MUSIC but this didn’t give me access.

Up to a short while ago, I could see the USB1 subfolder in my network in windows explorer but now that seems to show only EUNHASU but not the sub folders.

I’ve check the system config in the sotm and it’s set to DCHP and it’s assigning an IP Address.

Any ideas how I get connected ?

Guest scumbag

Jon,

Something triggered the issue. Did you update the SOTM unit? Did you change anything in your setup? Add a device?

Can you access the USB1 across your network? - http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:start#library_setup

Perhaps you've just installed a new Antivirus? I note that AVG which is one of the more benign anti-virus / firewall programs out there has become really aggressive towards "suspicious"" network activity of late. I had to get my IT guy to help me fix this and in the end I disabled the firewall part of AVG and used the built in WIN10 one instead.

Hope that helps.

Mark

Guest scumbag
Just now, scumbag said:

Jon,

Something triggered the issue. Did you update the SOTM unit? Did you change anything in your setup? Add a device?

Can you access the USB1 across your network? - http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:start#library_setup

Perhaps you've just installed a new Antivirus? I note that AVG which is one of the more benign anti-virus / firewall programs out there has become really aggressive towards "suspicious" network activity of late. I had to get my IT guy to help me fix this and he couldn't work out a solution in the end I disabled the firewall part of AVG and used the built in WIN10 one instead. Enterprise level anti-virus programs can be quite intrusive at times.

Hope that helps.

Mark

@scumbag
Hey Mark , that’s the thing I can see USB1/MUSIC drive via windows explorer.
I don’t get why I can access it via Eunhasu.
I’m thinking I haven’t described the path correctly in the library config.
I’m not sure if I show it as //[iP Address]/mwdata/music/USB1/MUSIC or some other variant.
In the manual it says to not mount Eunhasu itself - i think this means not include Eunhasu in the file path name but I’m not entirely sure.

The only thing that has changed is that I brought a my laptop home on Friday that had been repaired. It has Norton antivirus installed. Possibly another level of protection has been activated but I’d be clutching st St was here.......

Guest scumbag

I would definitely try disabling Norton (you can do this for 15 mins rather than uninstalling it). It's one of the main culprits that I come across when i have clients that have things like this happen. AVG free is a goot AV that is not intrusive. I use Zonealarm for Firewall duties. It has a reasonable learning curve but it's very good. In the meantime, Windows firewall is quite good.

Edited by scumbag

Guest scumbag

Just to confirm, are you using a networked NAS or are you connecting directly via USB.

I am wondering why you need to have a path in the library config if you are connecting directly. The config path is only valid if you aren't connecting your USB directly.

Dumb question but do have "automatic USB storage Mount" ticked (assuming the interface is the same as below):

screen_shot_2017-03-08_18.35.33-fullpage.png

• Automatic USB storage mount: Enable or disable the USB storage device, up to 2 USB storage devices can be used.
  • Check 'Automatic USB storage mount' to be enabled, the USB storage device will be auto-recognized and assign music folder on Logitech Media Server or MPD as USB1 or USB2.
  • Save changes: Save the new or modified information you entered.

Edited by scumbag

Guest scumbag

This is WIN10?? I wonder if there's an issue with it not have network discovery on. Also check that under network settings, it's not set to automatically place networks into a "public" profile.

Edited by scumbag

You’re right I am connected directly via USB so I shouldn’t need the network path enabled.
I just removed but , alas , no cigar.
I have ‘automatic USB disk mount’ checked.
A slightly different screen to yours ..... I haven’t updated the firmware for a while , so I figure you have a later version installed
2261220899867c44965572e50f7ad280.jpg

Guest scumbag

And I suppose you're familiar with this article:

Windows

You can access Eunhasu share folder to manage music file. Select 'EUNHASU' in 'Network' part of Explorer. If you have several Eunhasu-enabled devices, please change system name because it could conflict in network.

fetch.php?w=600&tok=7ab7eb&media=en:capt

You can access by direct path, \\EUNHASU\mwdata\music

fetch.php?w=600&tok=04eeff&media=en:capt

fetch.php?w=600&tok=b68929&media=en:capt

The image below shows the screen after you enter to 'mwdata'. ;mwdata' is a name of share folder in Eunhasu.

If you want to copy files into sMS-1000SQ music directory, drag and drop files to the path, \\EUNHASU\mwdata\music, like the screen shot below:

fetch.php?w=600&tok=51c015&media=en:capt

If you want to copy files into sMS-1000SQ music directory which has the additional internal storage drive installed, drag and drop files to the path, \\EUNHASU\mwdata\music\HDD1

If you want to check the music file in the external USB storage drive connected into sMS-1000SQ, please check the path, \\EUNHASU\mwdata\music\USB1

Edited by scumbag

I get the audio files listed in the MUSIC folder. They play in a windows music app. So I’m convinced that the hard drive is working properly and the sotm is networking.

The bit I’m struggling with is the way to direct the Eunhasu program to find the hard drive so I can control the sotm interface.
I figure I do have to specify the path so that the Logitech can read the library and let me choose tracks via my phone app.

I’m waving the white flag tonight.
I’ll give this another go tomorrow night.
Thanks for your help and ideas Mark, much appreciated.

@bilbo
Bill , do you have any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this situation?
My guess is the correct description of the file path in library config screen......... I’ve tried many combinations without success

Hi Mark
I noticed a new sub folder in my windows explorer - NAS.
This is name I’ve given to my library in Eunhasu.
When I click on NAS sub folder I can see all the music files.
Sadly, I still can’t access the library via Eunhasu.
I’m unsure why this subfolder now exists , as I have the library path configured as I have previously, being:

//[iP Address]/mwdata/music/USB1/MUSIC

Can I ask how your library config is expressed on the Eunhasu screen?

c1c4b4626c1b940a80b52e15b937f4af.jpg089c805d078a07ac530e290dd6eb514b.jpg

I did it!!!
I got my music library remounted.
I can know blissfully enjoy 39797 tracks at my leisure.
Thanks Mark for your help. You were right that the NAS setting was a red herring.
I upgraded to V 4.59 and all is back on track.
The process to update the sotm software ain’t so easy first time around but I got there in the end.

• Like 1

Guest scumbag

Sorry mate, i dropped off the map there for a bit. I am flat out at work with a few presentations happening. Glad to hear it was went well. 

Now you can go back to enjoying your music collection ;)