Sign in to follow this  
Soundscape

Start a noise thread

I haven't started a thread in ages, probably because they are about as popular as a fart in the lift, and deservedly so. Whatever. So, on the back of one vote in the currently spinning thread, I am starting a noise (music) thread. I choose to start the thread,

now

Orchestra of Constant Distress

2016 LP on 8mm Records

Minimal musical content, maximal volume and distortion. This album is the first of three (so far) by this band that is 50% made up of the remains of Skull Defekts, a recently defunkt Scandinavian noise-rock band. This is really good shiz, so get it up ya, noisesters.

164084.jpg&f=1

So, let's continue the most ignored thread on SNA [emoji867]

Tonight it's Alessandro Cortini with Merzbow. Particularly ugly synth based noise, but it has its charms. Confused? Couldn't care less? Tell me about it.

f994a12851d9aab7e27aaa84bcecd315.jpg

PS these Spendors are great with this shiz. So full of texture and nuance. Love it!

@Dave O)))

So you may be the only person on SNA interested in hearing these results of some recent knob twiddling and square pushing that I have been indulging in. I can't wait for this to be the most ignored post in the most ignored thread on SNA

Good stuff Mr D. I always have an ear for your recommendations. It seems there are one or two lurkers here. Perhaps we can hook them up before reeling them in.

Is this a thread, or should we call it a wire, with fine serrations and some carefully placed barbs? :unsure:

I was listening to some Radiohead earlier which was nice but, really, rock music is so passe. The real meat lies buried, underground. Even Radiohead know that. So many discoveries await our pleasure. Much digging to do. 

Jon Wesseltoft & Balazs Pandi - Terreng. Drones, drums and noise. Just lovely.

a0921860887_10.jpg

Here's the undisputed modern master. Was at this gig :) Of course the point of a Merzbow gig is to feel it more than hear it!

My current favourite noise-related video on you tube. Believe it or not, it's a synth review.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Doomguy
      I recently bought a new record on eBay that has a fair bit of surface noise and a repeated click across the majority of side A. I gave it a glue clean to no avail, it sounds identical, so it's fair to say that I'm very dissatisfied with it; particularly since the comments on discogs about this pressing were quite positive, a couple of people specifically mentioning it as being low noise. The thing is, it would pass as NM to a visual inspection, but I wouldn't feel confident grading it anything higher than VG in listening. Do I contact my eBay seller for a refund or replacement? I do buy a lot of CDs and records from them and this is the first time I think I've been dissatisfied with what I've received. Do I chase it up with the label instead, seeing as it's not really the seller's fault? Paying $36 for a new record only for it to sound crap isn't right. My only reservation is I don't have a way of demonstrating it.
    • By zaphodis
      Hello all, just wondering if anyone might be able to shed some light on this issue. I have an older Samsung Plasma TV (PS-63P71FDX), and whenever I am running a device with its output set to 1080p, it shows this noise in the image on the panel.
      I've tested with a standalone blu-ray player, ps3, ps4 and a wdtv. Switching it back to 1080i solves the issue, but just wondering if anyone has any ideas what might be causing it?
      I've attached a video of the issue in action. I've also tried numerous different HDMI cables, connecting devices straight to the TV instead of through my receiver (Onkyo SR605) and still have the same issue.
      Cheers!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH6W_XD5ZIQ
    • By Primare Knob
      Hi,

I am planning the build of an HT room, w 3.4m x l 4.75m x h 2.5m. The front (viewing) wall is connected to the garage, the right wall is facing outside, the left wall is for the bigger part connected to the bathroom, has the door opening and is in a small part connected to a cupboard in the hallway, the back wall is connected to my kids bedroom. The walls are double brick with an air gap between them and will "absorb" -20dB on average. The roof is an exposed timber ceiling with a sheet metal roof and 100mm of insulation in between.

I would like to soundproof/insulate the room for late night movie watching since this is the only time of day I have the time to do so, and after doing some research come up with a first plan.

Wall coverage: 7mm of ply, 3mm of "acoustic" rubber, 10mm of plasterboard. Gluing studs to the brick wall with something like Green Glue, nailing the ply to these studs, staple the acoustic rubber to the play, screw the plasterboard into the studs.
      Back Wall coverage: The same as the above but with more space in between for some extra insulation bats for added soundproofing.
      Ceiling: Not sure. Could use the same system as the walls, but the question is how much sound would travel to other rooms via the ceiling?
      Floor: Thick carpet on concrete slab.
      Window: Heavy curtain
      Door: Solid door plus seals. Would a "second" door on top of that improve things more?

With the "acoustic" rubber, I am very tempted to go with the timber floor underfloor type than with a pro version. The pro version is astonishing expensive, but a whole lot heavier as well.
      I prefer to glue the studs to the brick wall instead of using whisper clips, because it would make my life a whole lot easier.
      There is also a product on the market that is build up from 2 sheets of plasterboard with different thickness and decoupling layer of some kind which looks more like a foam/fury type than a rubber type of material.
      I plan to go for the heavier acoustic type of plasterboard instead of the regular one.

How effective would something like this be, considering it would be air tight? Would this allow me to watch a movie at 65dB or more without waking the family.

Love to hear your 2 cents or experience on this.
    • By Cafad
      I've got a cd player that emits a buzzing sound via its analogue outs.  I've tried turning off everything in the flat and nothing seems to stop it.  I even get the buzzing sound with the cd player turned off and unplugged! (from the mains I mean, obviously the analogue outs are still plugged in)

Anyone got any ideas as to what could be causing this?  Because I'm stumped.