Sign in to follow this  
LWA Staff

SOLD: Dynavector KARAT 17D2 MKII MC Cartridge

Item: Dynavector KARAT 17D2 MKII Moving Coil Cartridge
Price: $725
Item Condition: Excellent Secondhand Condition
Payment Method: Credit Cards, Cash, Paypal, Bank Transfers, ZipPay
Shipping: We can shipping to anywhere in the 16 known universes
Extra Info: Take your vinyl payback to the next level with this excellent DV Karat 17D2 MKII. As with all cartridges we have inspected this one under the microscope (actual images included below) and it is in excellent condition.

(taken direct from the Dynavector website)
Description:
17D2MKll Karat Diamond is the first cartridge built using 'dispersion' theory. Its Micro-Ridge stylus and very short (1.7mm) solid diamond cantilever give a huge reduction in 'frequency dispersion', unmatched dynamics and a high frequency extension all the way up to 100kHz. The latest patented magnet circuit design increases the output to 0.26mV with crystal clear mid-range and treble even during the largest symphonic crescendos.
Features and Improvements:

Dynavector Karat is notable for its gemstone cantilever. This 1.7mm long and 0.25 mm in diameter solid diamond cantilever has its 0.06 square mm stylus mounting hole precision cut by a laser beam machining precess.The Micro Ridge of 0.06 square mm nude diamond stylus is carefully mounted in the cantilever. The armature of 0.9mm square and 0.4mm thick is much smaller than normal, upon which are wounded 70 turns per channel of 11 micron fine wire.

Due to the short rigid construction of the cantilever the 17D2MKll showed a flat frequency response up to 50KHz.

The New 17D2MKII now features Dynavector's unique magnetic flux damping and softened magnetism (patent) along with powerful Neodymium magnet that combine to eliminate any hardness or irritating edginess that commonly occurs in many moving coil cartridges. This has also enabled to increase the output of 0.26mV.

Specifications:
Type     Low output moving coil cartridge with flux damper and softened magnetism
Output Voltage     0.26mV (at 1KHz, 5cm/sec.)
Channel Separation     25 dB (at 1KHz)
Channel balance     1.0 dB (at 1KHz)
Frequency response     20 - 20,000Hz (± 1dB), 20 - 100,000Hz
Compliance     15 mm/N
Tracking force     1.8 - 2.2 g
Impedance     32 ohms
Recommended load impedance     > 100 ohms
Cantilever     1.7mm length, 0.25dia solid diamond
Stylus tip     Micro-Ridge
Weight     5.3 g

Dynavector-KARAT-17D2-MKII-MC_1.jpg

Dynavector-KARAT-17D2-MKII-MC_2.jpg

Dynavector-KARAT-17D2-MKII-MC_3.jpg

Edited by LWA Staff

Coolest ad I’ve ever seen in terms of pics! 

Great pictures this is a moving coil not moving magnet per 1st line in item description.

Great photos of the stylus.

Hi LWA

What do these retail for in Australia?

And any idea how much life is left in it?

Regards, Peter

Hi Peter, at the time they sold for $1,175. It has since been upgraded to the DV-17DX, which now sells for $2,490.

This is actually an ex-display unit so it would have had very little use. We have had a good look at this under our microscope and it shows very little indication of wear. Unfortunately somewhere along the way we have lost the origional box. Regards, len

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nick1000
      Item: Dynavector DV-20x2 Cartridge
      Price Range: Market price pending condition
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info: Before I look to purchase new I thought I will see if someone on the SNA community is considering selling.

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).
    • By wonderbean
      Price: $350 Item Condition: Great Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Coffs Harbour State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, cash etc Reason for selling: Funding an "upgrade" Further information: I bought this in November and it has served me well. It was a big upgrade on the existing phono stage in my integrated amp. 
      But alas, now I am looking for something more and would like to use the funds from this sale (adhering to the 'one-in, one-out' policy) to purchase a different beast. 
      I was using this with a Denon DL-103 for anyone wondering. 
      Price includes postage and comes with the 12v power supply. 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.
    • By Eagleeyes
      Hello fellow members I am asking for some help as

First of all I know I am very lucky to have this choice and very torn between 3 new turntables that I have my eye on that are all used but all about the same price for Deck and arm and I want as my last ever end deck. I have had Vpis , Lp12, Mober lp12's Rega Rp9, Rega Rp10. Gyrodek and others that I have enjoyed but I want to buy a deck that I will decide on as my final turntable purchase. A semi to fullreference deck so to speak .

My choices are

1) EAT forte- huge high mass turntable with- twice the size of 2 regas with wand uni pivot arm
      2) Kuzma Stabi Reference 11 with Stogi arm
      3) Vertere MG with SG arm

Any thoughts let me know.

cheers Adam

• By Dubbase_909
      Item: Dynavector DV-XX2MKII MC Phono Cartridge
      Price: $1400
      Item Condition: Excellent <100hrs of use
      Reason for selling: Change of circumstances, moving away from vinyl
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Postage will be around $10 - 15

Dynavector cartridges rarely appear for sale.  Once you've made the purchase, selected the house sound, theres little reason to upgrade.  Thats how good they are.

To give absolute confidence that the MC Cartridge is as good as mentioned, I have taken multiple high-resolution photo's.  The lens attached to the camera, does not let me get closer images.  The cartridge was fitted to a turntable for about a year, I spent most of that year travelling interstate and international, so little use.  The 100hours stated is more for the time that the cartridge was fitted to the turntable, than for playing records.  The cartridge serial number is within 363 of the last one sold on Stereonet.  I purchased the cartridge whilst travelling internationally.

https://www.dynavector.com/products/cart/e_xx2mk2.html

https://www.melbournehifi.com.au/products/dynavector-dv-xx2-mkii

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Eagleeyes
      Rega p10 99 percent brand-new almost and Dynavector dv20x cart with low hours. Bought from another SNA member low hours.

Item: As new, top of the range Rega Rp10 Turntable with low hour Dynavector DV20x cartridge.

Price would be  $8100 for new.

I have not used deck or cart at all since bought as have too many decks. Update --- I have powered up and played on weekend and its a beautiful thing.

Dv20x cart with 50 hours

Item Condition: Perfect 99/100 as not new.
      Reason for selling: cash.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only pypal as a friend etc
      Extra Info: I cannot even see a scratch on either the deck or the power supply, not even on the cover and has genuine factory box for shipping.

Will post Australia Wide

See:
      https://www.carltonaudiovisual.com.au/rega-rp10.html

I’ll refer to the TAS review:
      http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/rega-rp10-turntable-and-apheta-moving-coil-cartridge/

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
      • Handmade RB2000 tonearm, precision engineered bearing and aluminium sub platter
      • Ceramic oxide diamond cut flywheel platter
      • Fully adjustable RP10 dedicated power supply tuned to its own motor
      • Rega’s pioneering skeletal plinth design
      • Aluminium skin phenolic bracing 

DYNAVECTOR DV-20X2 TURNTABLE CARTRIDGE
      DV-20X has a solid aluminum alloy body and a rigid magnet construction similar to XX-2MKII. The cantilever is a 6mm length of hard aluminum pipe with a Micro-Ridge stylus. The magnetic flux damping and softened magnetism along with powerful neodymium magnets gives the 20X2H a healthy 2.8 mV output – suitable for most MM inputs. The 20X2L has an output of 0.3 mV ideal for most MC phono stages.
      Both high and low versions of their 20X2 are available ensure for the optimum end result. The high output model is well suited to valve preamplifiers or electronics that only offer MM inputs whilst the low output version offers superb performance when combined with dedicated moving coil inputs.