Sign in to follow this  
silex

Nakamichi 730

Hello all. I have had these two gems sitting around for a while and am just seeking some advice. The tape deck works fine and I may consider selling it however the 730 is a different story. All the lights, sliders, bells and whistles, tuner ect. work fine however there is an intermittent fault causing loss of sound. When it’s good it’s very good, but. My question though is how much money can you put into a 1978 amp before it’s to much and is this one even a worthy contender. I might add that both units are cosmetically mint. Thanks.IMG_1394.jpg

I have an AV10 and an Amplifier 2.  Love them both.  Yours sounds like it is a much better thing.  I guess it depends how much you love it.  Mine cost just over $400 for the two, so I reckon not much value in spending a lot of money on them, and similar things come up for sale pretty regularly.  Maybe if you can find a tech to identify the fault at lowish cost you could take it from there.  There are some guides to techs in Oz here.