Jump to content

Drizt

Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

Recommended Posts

I did my good deed for the day.. 

 

A guy listed on Gumtree FOR FREE to give away a Garrard 301 with SME 3009 Arm!!!! 😮 

 

I promptly rang him and told him he was potentially throwing away a couple of grand or more... He was blown away and very thankful to me for educating him on what he thought was some old piece of junk. 

 

I Told him to research the TT and its value on hifishark, eBay etc. 

 

Sorry flippers.... 

 

 

Edited by aasza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aasza said:

I did my good deed for the day.. 

 

A guy listed on Gumtree FOR FREE to give away a Garrard 301 with SME 3009 Arm!!!! 😮 

 

I promptly rang him and told him he was potentially throwing away a couple of grand or more... He was blown away and very thankful to me for educating him on what he thought was some old piece of junk. 

 

I Told him to research the TT and its value on hifishark, eBay etc. 

 

Sorry flippers.... 

 

 

Nice one. You should tell him to check out the last one sold on eBay.  The turntable without arm went for $2025

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks probably why he didn't respond to my multiple requests, only joking. 

Edited by DEANO23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aasza said:

I did my good deed for the day.. 

 

A guy listed on Gumtree FOR FREE to give away a Garrard 301 with SME 3009 Arm!!!! 😮 

 

I promptly rang him and told him he was potentially throwing away a couple of grand or more... He was blown away and very thankful to me for educating him on what he thought was some old piece of junk. 

 

I Told him to research the TT and its value on hifishark, eBay etc. 

 

Sorry flippers.... 

 

 

I remain constantly amazed that people clearly have the ability to post an item on Gumtree/Ebay/whatever, which by definition requires use of the Interwebs,  and yet do NOT seem to have the ability to do a 10 second search for the item on Google to suss out what they've got!  I must admit, I become less and less forgiving about this as time goes by, as I am starting to figure that the ability to do a bit of homework is now SO easy for pretty much ANY ITEM ON THE PLANET, that it's their loss.....

I'll make exceptions though - when (like this one) they are WAY off, and when a charity is involved......

I'll get down off my soapbox now and have a cup of tea.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Good deed for that seller, not so good deed for the lucky purchaser.  I think of an asking price as an asking price

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, static said:

Good deed for that seller, not so good deed for the lucky purchaser.  I think of an asking price as an asking price

Ripping someone off knowingly doesn’t make you lucky. 
But thanks for playing your hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently bought a collection of jazz records. I paid the guy 3 times his asking price and I still think I got a good deal. My previous collection buy I did much the same on a deceased estate. Being unaware doesn't make them fools, sometimes they just have so much on their plate. In both cases it would have been absolutely heartless to take money from the elderly when they are in a precarious state of mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/02/2020 at 2:30 PM, jakeyb77 said:

Bargain 😳

2F856611-6763-492D-A99F-C5DF359967E0.jpeg

Are those wooden speaker stands original?

...look at that Entertainment unit!

 

Surely they are included in the deal.

Edited by Jimval

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


20 hours ago, Jimval said:

Are those wooden speaker stands original?

...look at that Entertainment unit!

 

Surely they are included in the deal.

Mate at that price!?  You’re deamin’.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If brand new, great price :thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might need new belts? Just something to beware 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


If anyone is looking for pair of KEF LS 50 wireless speakers, here's a pair which are a tad more realistically priced than were those offered by our recently outed scammer.🤬

 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/payneham/stereo-systems/kef-ls50-wireless-less-than-one-year-old/1238427630

 

Asking price?  $2500

And they're black!!😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, zippi said:

MK3 - so should have the ring radiator tweeter.

Any good for studio monitor purposes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, anewmission said:

Any good for studio monitor purposes? 

I would say okay for desktop use, but as studio monitors I don't know how flat they are.

Could always give them a go.

I have Equinox I've used on my desk and have been happy, but I felt they do need help down low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Bradyey said:

I would say okay for desktop use, but as studio monitors I don't know how flat they are.

Could always give them a go.

I have Equinox I've used on my desk and have been happy, but I felt they do need help down low.

yeh ofcourse, i cant imagine any speakers that size are going to give you full range.

maybe dynaudios or sonus fabers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anewmission said:

Any good for studio monitor purposes? 

23 minutes ago, anewmission said:

yeh ofcourse, i cant imagine any speakers that size are going to give you full range.

maybe dynaudios or sonus fabers

I've got MK3 Equinox and I find they only seldom need / strictly require a sub (though I have used one with them occasionally). Quite a well rounded and surprisingly revealing speaker. They do have surprising bass present, natural mids and perhaps leaning in just a hair heavily in upper treble. Awesome speakers overall made with attention to detail and punch way above their price bracket. Must be kept away from a wall by about 20cm.

Edited by zippi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, zippi said:

I've got MK3 Equinox and I find they only seldom need / strictly require a sub (though I have used one with them occasionally). Quite a well rounded and surprisingly revealing speaker. They do have surprising bass present, natural mids and perhaps leaning in just a hair heavily in upper treble. Awesome speakers overall made with attention to detail and punch way above their price bracket. Must be kept away from a wall by about 20cm.

Have you used them with plugs in the ports? I'm interested in trying it out just to see how it sounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/153815081038?ul_noapp=true

 

IMF Super Compacts ending in just under 2 hours - sitting on $200. Look to be in great condition - dead set bargain. Tweeters likely need surrounds, but hey -  apparently doesn't effect the sound  :)

 

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by danter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Bradyey said:

Have you used them with plugs in the ports?

Nope. Have not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Classifieds Statistics


    Currently Active Ads

    Total Sales (Since 2018)

    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

    Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...