Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

1 minute ago, cogitator said:

I contacted the seller within a minute of the ad going up. Looks like the Flash beat me to it.

You reckon the Flash is listening to them at home at the moment and can't go to bed as yet like us? 😁

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did my good deed for the day..    A guy listed on Gumtree FOR FREE to give away a Garrard 301 with SME 3009 Arm!!!! 😮    I promptly rang him and told him he was potentially throw

Gumtree is a eBay owned business for some time now. Surprising when one hears it the first time but true.   As far as 300% profit which you call outrageous, it is not different to what super

I really want to throw this SNA member under the bus for his actions lately. I sold him a set of the Yamaha's in the ad for $1900 and he has them listed at $4000 now. Also he was $100 short which he n

15 hours ago, xlr8or said:

You reckon the Flash is listening to them at home at the moment and can't go to bed as yet like us? 😁

Flash is not at all happy with them. They are way too slow for his liking.

He is ready to let go for what he paid for them. Expedited delivery included for free.

54 minutes ago, deepthought said:

Those DB Dynamics speakers are pretty average and the AVR is very old, I reckon $100 -120 tops for that lot would be a more realistic value.

Better than those overpriced junk white van special systems though...

On 12/12/2020 at 3:05 PM, metal beat said:

Esoteric I-05 Integrated amplifier in Black in 230V, Made in Japan.   

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/USED-Esoteric-I-05B-Integrated-amplifier-in-Black-in-230V-Made-in-Japan-/273818544076

$2600 -   2juki is trustworthy

s-l1600.jpg

Plus $650 for GST/Import Duties and Shipping.

Still seems like a good buy and looks alot like an Ayre AX 5 Twenty Integrated Amp.

On 12/12/2020 at 5:05 PM, metal beat said:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/USED-Esoteric-I-05B-Integrated-amplifier-in-Black-in-230V-Made-in-Japan-/273818544076

s-l1600.jpg

Didn't know they did anything in black. So much nicer

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 5:05 PM, metal beat said:

s-l1600.jpg

7 hours ago, Muzza71 said:

Plus $650 for GST/Import Duties and Shipping.

Still seems like a good buy and looks alot like an Ayre AX 5 Twenty Integrated Amp.

Sincerely hope you are right about being a good buy, and wrong about the import charges hah. 

Just bought it, if I end up paying GST etc it owes me more than I'd planned for. Silver 1 is $3500 in Classifieds, was hoping to get out of it closer to $2500... 

4 minutes ago, Gremrock said:

Sincerely hope you are right about being a good buy, and wrong about the import charges hah. 

Just bought it, if I end up paying GST etc it owes me more than I'd planned for. Silver 1 is $3500 in Classifieds, was hoping to get out of it closer to $2500... 

Just north of 3k will still be a great buy for an Esoteric & it looks awesome in black.

Looking forward to hearing about your overall impressions - both buying experience and sound 👍

40 minutes ago, Gremrock said:

Congrats - you can always take the risk and have 2Juki undeclare the value to pay less/no GST.    You are only insured for the CI value thou, although the courier would have to run the factory box over for it to be damaged in transit.

enjoy the unit for Xmas. 

Edited by metal beat
On 09/12/2020 at 10:46 PM, aasza said:

Seller ended the auction early "item no longer available" as it was around $1500. Then relisted straight away $4800.... 

No longer a 'bargain', maybe,, maybe a good buy?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UNISON-RESEARCH-Integrated-Hybrid-Amplifier-UNICO-200-AS-NEW-RRP-10-000/264974946138?hash=item3db1bccf5a:g:O~QAAOSwXYJfTX3p

On 08/12/2020 at 9:50 PM, SAM2811 said:

On 08/12/2020 at 11:58 PM, cogitator said:

Failing to score that bargain of the century, there's always his other listing: Burial site at Castlebrook Memorial Gardens in Garden of Repose!

On 09/12/2020 at 12:28 AM, xlr8or said:

Too good to be true. I think there is at least 1 or 2 zeroes missing from that price. Have you followed up? 😁

On 09/12/2020 at 12:35 AM, t_mike said:

So did I. All I got was message bank, so left a message, plus one via GT. I even stated it was worth more than he was asking. The ad is still up, so who knows.

Reminds me of an ad (joke) back in the Trading Post in the '90's.

"For sale, car in good condition, 4 new tyres."

Bloke rocks up to this mansion in Toorak and is met by a lady who asks "How much will you offer?"

Figuring 4 cheap tyres and a running car would at worst be about $200, he offers $100.

And drives away in an (almost) brand new 911.

Divorce is a horrible thing for some...

• Haha 2
20 hours ago, Bunno77 said:

Didn't know they did anything in black. So much nicer

Black Limited Editions Esoteric K-01X SACD/CD player

This went last week for $10,000 on the Asia site...Part of the 30th Anniversary. 'Limited Edition Black' Series.

777551448_EsotericK-01X.JPG.df3b1094ba7dd8d98dfe203eb50396d8.JPG

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Stump said:

This went last week for $10,000 on the Asia site...Part of the 30th Anniversary. 'Limited Edition Black' Series.

Beautiful. The only reason I don't own their dac/streamer is silver only...

5 hours ago, Stump said:

Which Asia site you mean?  

Black Esoteric CD player so sexy.  All my boxes are black... so this will match very well.  Wish they sell black ones in Australia.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DMax said:

What is this? 

Burn in device for new interconnects and speaker cables for the impatient audiophile - reviewers love it. 🙂

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DMax said:

What is this? 

Alot of manufacturers state their cables will be at there 'optimum' performance after (X) amount of hours of burn in.. 

This device passes current through the cables (replicating an audio signal flow) for as long as you leave it turned on and the cables plugged into it.

Alot of audiophiles will plug new cables into their systems and play music with the volume turned all the way down for the required burn in time before actually listening to them, this device does the same thing but as a stand-alone unit.

Some manufacturers burn-in their cables after the production process so listeners can enjoy them straight out of the box.

Hi all,

I have noted couple of possible fraudulent ads on the gumtree recently with seller listing Hegel amplifiers - all by those joined Gumtree in 2020. Items are listed as based in Sydney but when contacted will mention that it’s not in Sydney and has to be shipped. Thought it’s worth raising to all in case.

Regards

• Like 2
  • Administrators
On 15/12/2020 at 9:33 PM, SAM2811 said:

I reckon one of the SN Asia members would help one of the Aus members if anyone were genuinely interested.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Ulah said:

Hi all,

I have noted couple of possible fraudulent ads on the gumtree recently with seller listing Hegel amplifiers - all by those joined Gumtree in 2020. Items are listed as based in Sydney but when contacted will mention that it’s not in Sydney and has to be shipped. Thought it’s worth raising to all in case.

Regards

There has been a bit of a spate of scam sales of hifi on Gumtree lately out of Sydney.  I came across two people advertising Dynaudio speakers a few weeks ago which played out the same way as this.   Reported to cyber crime agency.

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, WFM said:

These are really sweet units. Warm and tubey.

Very solid lows. Smoked the yamaha AS500 i had imho. 

Someone buy it as i dont need another one!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Luxman-R1050-Stereo-integrated-amplifier-and-AM-FM-Receiver/284116947708?pageci=8b72073d-0bc5-4553-88a9-f1e319bce0c7

Now I'm beginning to think I should have picked this one up! 

Screenshot_20201217-234413.thumb.png.75efb1302b88036ecdb82bf4c582d677.png

• Marc pinned this topic