Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did my good deed for the day..    A guy listed on Gumtree FOR FREE to give away a Garrard 301 with SME 3009 Arm!!!! 😮    I promptly rang him and told him he was potentially throw

Gumtree is a eBay owned business for some time now. Surprising when one hears it the first time but true.   As far as 300% profit which you call outrageous, it is not different to what super

I really want to throw this SNA member under the bus for his actions lately. I sold him a set of the Yamaha's in the ad for $1900 and he has them listed at $4000 now. Also he was $100 short which he n

3 hours ago, kelossus said:

[NSW] JBL L5 Floor Standing Speakers - $500

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hurstville/speakers/jbl-l-5-tower-speakers/1262576107

These are great speakers for the money.

Interested but concerned about what looks like mold or corrosion on some woofers.

Sensational Proton D1200 power amp from the 70's.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ashfield/stereo-systems/proton-d1200-power-amplifier-high-end-/1260113550

These could power up just about anything, and provided a very detailed sound stage. I suspect they might be best with a tube based preamp, or something just a bit warm.

I have the D1150 sibling and although it's not currently in use, it's much better than some new amps costing 3 x's the price.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Esoterica said:

Interested but concerned about what looks like mold or corrosion on some woofers.

Did you buy them? I just went to check them out again but the listing is gone.

2 hours ago, kelossus said:

Did you buy them? I just went to check them out again but the listing is gone.

Nah. If I was in the vicinity I would have maybe have asked to see in person. I'm hesitant to buy old speakers as I have some that have similar age related issues.

Warning or Alert!

I just noticed a new player on Ebay (aussieaudioclearance) who has been there for about a month, feedback of 4, with a whole bunch of tempting offers starting at $99.

Revel Concerta 2a anyone? Cary SLI-100?

Now, it may be legit, but none of the photos are of the actual items (i.e. stock photos). Apologies to the seller if they're for real.

8 minutes ago, Cloth Ears said:

Warning or Alert!

I just noticed a new player on Ebay (aussieaudioclearance) who has been there for about a month, feedback of 4, with a whole bunch of tempting offers starting at $99.

Now, it may be legit, but none of the photos are of the actual items (i.e. stock photos). Apologies to the seller if they're for real.

i was just going to post a warning to be very careful when buying these because if it seems too good to be true........ 

buy at your own risk and make sure you do it through paypal at least.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, misternavi said:

i was just going to post a warning to be very careful when buying these because if it seems too good to be true........ 

buy at your own risk and make sure you do it through paypal at least.

The brands all look to be those of the distributer: https://convoy.com.au/

Some of the items also seem to match their clearance page:

https://convoy.com.au/shop/

No idea if they are legit though, so as per above, buyer beware

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, ethro said:

The brands all look to be those of the distributer: https://convoy.com.au/

Some of the items also seem to match their clearance page:

https://convoy.com.au/shop/

No idea if they are legit though, so as per above, buyer beware

Just sent an email asking for ACTUAL item pics.  Always the giveaway - every single item has stock advertising photos - not a real photo anywhere.  Look forward to their response....!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cloth Ears said:

Warning or Alert!

Maybe @Marc could confirm with Convoy, I believe they are a sponsor here. Personally, I think it is Convoy. Possibly give them a call.

• Like 1
  • Administrators
20 minutes ago, t_mike said:

Maybe @Marc could confirm with Convoy, I believe they are a sponsor here. Personally, I think it is Convoy. Possibly give them a call.

100% confirmed legit.

• Like 2

On 01/12/2020 at 9:22 AM, aasza said:

These look like the same clones that sold a few months back for $4000.

I was interested and asked to see photos of the crossover. Whatever crossover is in them it is not original spec and there are no known aftermarket networks. I steered clear based on that but the drivers and cabinets are easily worth 4k.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by kelossus

Goofing around while I’m on hold to Telstra trying to work out why most of our devices lost stored emails yesterday.  Found this pretty Swedish item, Luxor Dirigent 4300

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2963849203902079/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=undefined

22 minutes ago, Tony B said:

I think that listing was dodgy?

Yep confirmed scam......

Edited by aasza
On 02/12/2020 at 1:35 PM, misternavi said:

Get ya credit ready boys!!!

They ended 2 auctions  with multiple bids for those amps.. probably sold  to best offers 

Cheers

Edited by kurof
T9 issue
1 hour ago, kurof said:

They ended 2 auctions  with multiple bids for those amps.. probably sold  to best offers 

Cheers

Or sold via the warehouse. If you're interested in anything listed, give them a call. They are good to deal with.

• Like 1
On 23/10/2020 at 6:45 PM, cogitator said:

NPR showcases an eclectic range of artists - recordings are top notch too.

Where do you find them? There are a couple that I'd love to get my hands on if they're FLAC.

15 hours ago, t_mike said:

Or sold via the warehouse. If you're interested in anything listed, give them a call. They are good to deal with.

Definitely, not a criticism   I had a bid on it and it disappeared 😅

2 hours ago, SAM2811 said:

Failing to score that bargain of the century, there's always his other listing: Burial site at Castlebrook Memorial Gardens in Garden of Repose!

1 minute ago, xlr8or said:

Too good to be true. I think there is at least 1 or 2 zeroes missing from that price. Have you followed up? 😁

I contacted the seller within a minute of the ad going up. Looks like the Flash beat me to it.

1 minute ago, cogitator said:

I contacted the seller within a minute of the ad going up. Looks like the Flash beat me to it.

So did I. All I got was message bank, so left a message, plus one via GT. I even stated it was worth more than he was asking. The ad is still up, so who knows.

• Marc pinned this topic