Jump to content

Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gumtree is a eBay owned business for some time now. Surprising when one hears it the first time but true.   As far as 300% profit which you call outrageous, it is not different to what super

I did my good deed for the day..    A guy listed on Gumtree FOR FREE to give away a Garrard 301 with SME 3009 Arm!!!! ?    I promptly rang him and told him he was potentially throw

I really want to throw this SNA member under the bus for his actions lately. I sold him a set of the Yamaha's in the ad for $1900 and he has them listed at $4000 now. Also he was $100 short which he n



On 18/07/2020 at 10:44 AM, RankStranger said:

Y’all are too slow. I bought it :D 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ethro said:

I seem to see a lot of these around on sale, maybe not the particular model but similar. Anyone know the real reason why? Could it be that they are not as good as the reviews say? I was very interested in one of these before but now I am a bit hesitant.

Link to post
Share on other sites


11 minutes ago, fell off the boat said:

I seem to see a lot of these around on sale, maybe not the particular model but similar. Anyone know the real reason why? Could it be that they are not as good as the reviews say? I was very interested in one of these before but now I am a bit hesitant.

 

18 minutes ago, ethro said:

 

Hmmmm... I reckon they are not genuine VA speakers, but Chinese-made clones.

 

The drivers aren't correct, and nor are the binding posts, and I'd bet my left one that the veneer is not real wood. No badging or labelling either.

 

They look like the same woofers as the Musical Paradise MP-S1 speakers, but with different tweeters and a non-recessed section for the binding posts:

 

https://wallofsound.ca/audioreviews/speakers/review-musical-paradise-mp-s1-bookshelf-speakers/#prettyPhoto

 

 

 

Edited by pete_mac
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, pete_mac said:

I reckon they are not genuine VA speakers, but Chinese-made clones

I guess that means  i should be happy i was not allowed!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ethro said:

I guess that means  i should be happy i was not allowed!

 

Now, I could be very wrong... but I smell a rat.

 

There's too many inconsistencies between the speaker for sale and the genuine VA models, and I can't find any record of VA speakers being sold with that fairly entry-level VIFA tweeter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The word “type” is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that title.

 

”Oh, I never claimed the were real Vienna Acoustics. Just that type of speaker”

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


42 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

The word “type” is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that title.

 

”Oh, I never claimed the were real Vienna Acoustics. Just that type of speaker”

On that note, i have a Ferrari* type vehicle for sale going cheap if anyone is interested 

* actually a Mazda....

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Out6ack said:

And look very similar to these...

Looks ridgy-didge --- got crossovers and evrythin'

 

:sarc:

 

 

 

 

Edited by zippi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


11 hours ago, metal beat said:

 

How did you go?

Your offer on this classified was not accepted.

Big risk buying from overseas.If it was local I would have went full price...

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Stump said:

Your offer on this classified was not accepted.

Big risk buying from overseas.If it was local I would have went full price...

It's also possible that the seller was reluctant to accept an offer from overseas. 

We know you're a stand up guy but if I were a seller, I'd be reluctant to accept an offer that's not local.  

Edited by sir sanders zingmore
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

It's also possible that the seller was reluctant to accept an offer from overseas. 

We know you're a stand up guy but if I were a seller, I'd be reluctant to accept an offer that's not local.  

I came down to TOO low an offer..

 

Shipping by DHL Express is included in the price. (2-3 days worldwide delivery).

Unfortunately Paypal is closed at the moment in Turkey due to some regulation conformity issues. I can only accept bank transfer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, pete_mac said:

 

 

Hmmmm... I reckon they are not genuine VA speakers, but Chinese-made clones.

 

The drivers aren't correct, and nor are the binding posts, and I'd bet my left one that the veneer is not real wood. No badging or labelling either.

 

They look like the same woofers as the Musical Paradise MP-S1 speakers, but with different tweeters and a non-recessed section for the binding posts:

 

https://wallofsound.ca/audioreviews/speakers/review-musical-paradise-mp-s1-bookshelf-speakers/#prettyPhoto

 

 

 

Nice sleuthing Pete!

 

I can't think of a single reputable hi-fi manufacturer that doesn't put some kind of branding or some other identifier somewhere on their equipment.  

 

D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/07/2020 at 5:42 PM, RankStranger said:

The word “type” is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that title.

 

”Oh, I never claimed the were real Vienna Acoustics. Just that type of speaker”

Have they changed the ad?  Looks like someone got in touch!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mat-with-one-t said:

Have they changed the ad?  Looks like someone got in touch!

Wasn't me, but its a good outcome either way!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kelossus said:

I do.

Hope you snagged them.

Probably rare museum worthy speakers that sound pretty darn good.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

The link takes me to something completely different ?

Because it's sold and now something different. 

A rare bargain if ever I have seen one

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I should add that I did get them. When I posted above I already had them home and was listening to them. So glad I had a early knock off and just happened to check gummy.

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kelossus said:

I should add that I did get them. When I posted above I already had them home and was listening to them. So glad I had a early knock off and just happened to check gummy.

 

 

These should be pretty sweet with the Dyn' drivers

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

These actually use Audax drivers. Regardless they have the Duntech house sound. The imaging and soundstaging is top notch and IMO Duntech's crowning accomplishment. These have it in spades.

 

Overall balanced with a little emphasis on the upper mid-range which I like for a change. Reminds me of my old JBL's.

 

This might be sacrilege to some but these are hooked up to my TV/PC monitor.

Edited by kelossus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zippi said:

not really into RCM's myself, however it might be of interest to anyone looking for an RCM.

Do not know if it's a good deal or not at all

 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/golden-grove/other-audio/loricraft-prc3-vinyl-lp-record-cleaner/1253319917

 

 

Thanks but the dudes getting smashed with interested parties damit! hes now asking me for "best offer" as he clearly has buyers willing to pay more...prick!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

...prick!

Why? He's obviously underpriced it and the market is driving a correction. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Marc pinned this topic
  • Recently Browsing   1 member




×
×
  • Create New...