Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did my good deed for the day..    A guy listed on Gumtree FOR FREE to give away a Garrard 301 with SME 3009 Arm!!!! 😮    I promptly rang him and told him he was potentially throw

Gumtree is a eBay owned business for some time now. Surprising when one hears it the first time but true.   As far as 300% profit which you call outrageous, it is not different to what super

I really want to throw this SNA member under the bus for his actions lately. I sold him a set of the Yamaha's in the ad for $1900 and he has them listed at $4000 now. Also he was $100 short which he n

20 minutes ago, mageak said:

whats a good reasonable price u reckon

Don't know but retail is $8000

Cheapest I could find ex-demo for $6800

22 hours ago, kelossus said:

Ex-demo pair in rosewood at Living Sound Brisbane for $4500.

23 hours ago, mageak said:

thanks

You don't need them - stick with your Dyn's and that wonderful new amp and dac..

😊

• Like 1
Guest jakeyb77
7 minutes ago, lemarquis said:

Anyone care to guess the successful bid? :popcorn:

Most likely it will be the highest one 

19 hours ago, lemarquis said:

Already doubled in bid price since this morning. 8 days to go...

Anyone care to guess the successful bid? :popcorn:

$425.  Now everyone else stop bidding please

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aasza said:

Yep.

He/she is a well known flipper in Adelaide. They were originally listed at $1450 and sold for $1250 but he won't get any bites at $1950

54 minutes ago, rantan said:

Yep.

He/she is a well known flipper in Adelaide. They were originally listed at $1450 and sold for $1250 but he won't get any bites at $1950

Yeah I don't think anyone will shed a tear for the flipper if he is stuck with them.  

Guest Karl Rand
On 06/08/2019 at 3:19 PM, Mat-with-one-t said:

$425.  Now everyone else stop bidding please

I dont’ understand these kinds of theads as they invariably push the final price up. 

Guest jakeyb77
2 hours ago, Karl Rand said:

I dont’ understand these kinds of theads as they invariably push the final price up. 

If you think no one has seen the ads before they hit SNA then you are mistaken. The price will be what it will be 

Guest Karl Rand
38 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

If you think no one has seen the ads before they hit SNA then you are mistaken. The price will be what it will be 

I’m not that naive but I still suggest drawing attention to bargains on a site such as this is going to attract the attention of more cashed up audiophiles than hunt through ebay etc . I’ll just have to accept it as a selfless public service as there’s nothing I can do about it.

Reminds me of a thread that appeard some years ago on another audio forum which drew attention to insanely inflated prices paid by bidders on eBay for audio gear. At times I wonder if winning the auction is more fun for some buyers than owning the actual gear itself. 

Guest jakeyb77

Facebook Marketplace in Hastings VIC

Very mint pair of NS-1000m with matching early serial numbers and covers.

$1900 ono. Bargain!! 

9E43A480-B527-465D-B59E-16B033B8F582.png

2 hours ago, jakeyb77 said:

Facebook Marketplace in Hastings VIC

Very mint pair of NS-1000m with matching early serial numbers and covers.

$1900 ono. Bargain!! 

Even better when it's listed as Free :afro:

• Like 1
Guest jakeyb77
1 hour ago, lemarquis said:

Even better when it's listed as Free :afro:

This one’s not going cheap! 

9F5C2106-91D2-4EDC-A170-3233D24C5C0D.jpeg

Edited by jakeyb77
18 minutes ago, Demondes said:

Something’s smells about that.

Definitely, I got an email from EBay about the cancellation, and although it says that you can check the reason for it in the bidding section  I can't find anything 

8 hours ago, yiannisada said:

Definitely, I got an email from EBay about the cancellation, and although it says that you can check the reason for it in the bidding section  I can't find anything 

Hard to say but maybe he realised he wasn't getting the price he was after, OR someone made him a "private" offer ;)

• Like 1
10 hours ago, yiannisada said:

Maybe he made a mistake listing the item on eBay?

Mistake_my_arse.jpg

Guest jakeyb77

You can withdraw an ad for any reason. If the item sold elsewhere. If you realised the item is now faulty. Or, if you didn’t like the price it looked like achieving. 

Over ten years on eBay I’ve found that a no reserve start and letting it play out will more often than not get you the market value or higher. All you need is two active bidders. If someone has bid from 99c it’s hard for them to mentally let the item go. 

10 hours ago, jakeyb77 said:

You can withdraw an ad for any reason. If the item sold elsewhere. If you realised the item is now faulty. Or, if you didn’t like the price it looked like achieving. 

Over ten years on eBay I’ve found that a no reserve start and letting it play out will more often than not get you the market value or higher. All you need is two active bidders. If someone has bid from 99c it’s hard for them to mentally let the item go. 

It’s funny that one.  I’ve listed items for a starting bid or buy-it-now and it hasn’t sold.  I subsequently list it a month later starting at a 99c auction, and it ends up selling for more than my previous buy-it-now.  

• Haha 1

I really want to throw this SNA member under the bus for his actions lately. I sold him a set of the Yamaha's in the ad for $1900 and he has them listed at $4000 now. Also he was $100 short which he never paid until last night when I saw this ad and called him out.

If you look at all his items for the most part they can be traced back to SNA Classifieds.

I don't really have a problem with buying and making a bit of profit but this guy was such a weasel to deal with it bugged me big time. Upon entering my hifi room he took one look at my Mcintosh MC452 and C2300 pre/power combo and said "I don't like Mcintosh gear, its too coloured", before even hearing it. Within 5 seconds of playing him the speakers he had heard enough and said they would sound better at his house on his Sansui Integrated. I am not debating if the Sansui would outperform the Mcintosh combo but I found that comment to be quite rude. I am not exaggerating when I say his judgement was from at the very most a 5 second demo.

The next day after he set up the speakers he sent me a text saying "Sorry bro but my other Yamaha NS1000M's are way better than these". WTF!!! Show a bit of appreciation you grub.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kellyville/speakers/speakers-for-sale/1226168309

Edited by kelossus
  • Like 12
Guest jakeyb77
20 minutes ago, kelossus said:

I really want to throw this SNA member under the bus for his actions lately. I sold him a set of the Yamaha's in the ad for $1900 and he has them listed at $4000 now. Also he was $100 short which he never paid until last night when I saw this ad and called him out.

If you look at all his items for the most part they can be traced back to SNA Classifieds.

I don't really have a problem with buying and making a bit of profit but this guy was such a weasel to deal with it bugged me big time. Upon entering my hifi room he took one look at my Mcintosh MC452 and C2300 pre/power combo and said "I don't like Mcintosh gear, its too coloured", before even hearing it. Within 5 seconds of playing him the speakers he had heard enough and said they would sound better at his house on his Sansui Integrated. I am not debating if the Sansui would outperform the Mcintosh combo but I found that comment to be quite rude. I am not exaggerating when I say his judgement was from at the very most a 5 second demo.

The next day after he set up the speakers he sent me a text saying "Sorry bro but my other Yamaha NS1000M's are way better than these". WTF!!! Show a bit of appreciation you grub.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kellyville/speakers/speakers-for-sale/1226168309

You sold the 2000’s for $1900?!? 😳

1 minute ago, jakeyb77 said:

You sold the 2000’s for $1900?!? 😳

No it was the NS1000XW's. I had them for sale for quite some time and just couldn't move them on.

6 hours ago, kelossus said:

Quite a horde he has there..

If someone called me 'bro' that'd be a bad sign from the start. Sounds like a distasteful experience all round.

No doubt he will tell the potential buyer that those 1000's sound awesome!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, lemarquis said:

No doubt he will tell the potential buyer that those 1000's sound awesome!

probably "sound awesome, bro!!! better than the 2000's over there. I really don't wanna let them go, bro, brah, meh, mah, blah, blah, blah..."

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, kelossus said:

Where?     nothing @ ebay for 4k nor gumtree.

2 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Where?     nothing @ ebay for 4k nor gumtree.

Click the link then look at the ad description. He lists each speaker individually and his asking price.

• Thanks 1
Guest jakeyb77
10 minutes ago, kelossus said:

Click the link then look at the ad description. He lists each speaker individually and his asking price.

Hope the address isn’t correct. Someone may grab them all for free 😳

• Marc changed the title to Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.
  • Marc locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Marc unlocked this topic
  • Marc pinned this topic