RankStranger

Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

It’s says make and offer... not given away 

51 minutes ago, lemarquis said:

The 3rd pic on his ad says 'make an offer"..

usually not permitted on facebook as it leads to shilling the price up by the seller.

15 hours ago, frednork said:

usually not permitted on facebook as it leads to shilling the price up by the seller.

No price and a hidden 'make an offer' .. naughty 

On 15/12/2019 at 4:28 PM, lemarquis said:

The 3rd pic on his ad says 'make an offer"..

Look at the 3rd photo , Make an offer guy is holding a quasi auction which is happening more and more on face book. 

A few times I've accepted the price and then all of a sudden another offer pop's out of the blue!  So a mate and I played one guy , after me telling him he sucked and had no honour. Then there's the guy's who say first to pay and collect it , well no thanks I'm not racing anywhere

1 minute ago, DEANO23 said:

A few times I've accepted the price and then all of a sudden another offer pop's out of the blue!  So a mate and I played one guy , after me telling him he sucked and had no honour. Then there's the guy's who say first to pay and collect it , well no thanks I'm not racing anywhere

Just happened to me - coffee machine.

$450 agreed on a time and place he would "let me know while i was on my way"

time comes and goes, he never gives me an address.

then the "oh ive gotten offers for $100 more now its so popular"

then the add price goes up on fb. etc... Reported him but doubt anything happened.

9 hours ago, misternavi said:

(WA) Orpheus Aurora 2

$150 with pushed in dustcaps

Orpheus Aurora II Speakers on Gumtree

wrong link ;)

13 hours ago, misternavi said:

no bids at $200

On 15/12/2019 at 5:22 PM, frednork said:

Sure enough, I contacted him and after 36 hours he admitted he wanted $650

On 13/12/2019 at 2:52 AM, TerryO said:

Something a little different, Shahinian Compass speakers.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Shahinian-Compass-Hi-Fi-speakers/124003404086

cheers

Terry

Sydney members might remember that these were sold at Neutral Bay hifi by the 2 Julians ( who previously worked in Duratone in Canberra)

1 hour ago, Alpine Electrocats said:

Sydney members might remember that these were sold at Neutral Bay hifi by the 2 Julians ( who previously worked in Duratone in Canberra)

Now sold by Jonathan Davies  here in Sydney

https://www.jdaudioonline.com.au/shop/?swoof=1&product_cat=dynavector,loudspeakers&paged=2

2 hours ago, Alpine Electrocats said:

..........and who I worked with at Bartlett Hi Fi in the 80's, one of whom has sadly passed away, RIP Julian.

1 hour ago, rantan said:

..........and who I worked with at Bartlett Hi Fi in the 80's, one of whom has sadly passed away, RIP Julian.

Yes- I know his his ex, (or one of them), Leslie,  who told me a few stories about him, like the time Tognetti walked into the shop (they had a big poster of him at the time.) I used to go in there a bit as my sis had a shop nearby. She said she saw the other Julian in the city the other day.

If only I was in NSW! I think these are Technics SB x700 speakers in pretty good condition (or maybe 500s?) but it's a bit hard to tell.  Flat diaphragm speakers in a similar tradition to sony APMs. These aren't the very top drawer Technics honeycomb speakers by any means but some seem to believe they sound pretty good. 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/corlette/stereo-systems/stereo-equipment-speakers-amplifier-and-double-cassette-deck/1236860243

Edited by Rrobot

Just up the road (maybe 25 minutes) from me. Unfortunately not experienced in buying older gear AND money AND space to implement additionals.

On 25/12/2019 at 11:04 AM, Rrobot said:

If only I was in NSW! I think these are Technics SB x700 speakers in pretty good condition (or maybe 500s?) but it's a bit hard to tell.  Flat diaphragm speakers in a similar tradition to sony APMs. These aren't the very top drawer Technics honeycomb speakers by any means but some seem to believe they sound pretty good. 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/corlette/stereo-systems/stereo-equipment-speakers-amplifier-and-double-cassette-deck/1236860243

It’s at PortStephens- a great place to visit, a regular place for holidays  when our kids were growing up- despite the 1000k return trip