Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

Guest jakeyb77

@Tubularbells and I went to look at them a few years back. They were sofit fit at the time. 
He’ll take $5,000 or would have at the time. Trust me he doesn’t need them. And he is a lovely guy to talk to. 
One day I went there and Rita Ora was recording. Phwoar 

Make sure they have all JBL woofers. 
I bought two of the 2234 baskets as they’d been replaced with Gauss drivers I think. 

http://www.singsing.com.au/artists.html

Edited by jakeyb77

37 minutes ago, kelossus said:

Hes omitted the "sell, your soul" price of another $60 Victorian paeso's.

Would have considered ar $6,660  as ive already got a contract with the man downstairs but jokes aside at that price I reckon hes the one bearing the horns considering the work required to bring them back up to snuff!

Guest jakeyb77
2 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Hes omitted the "sell, your soul" price of another $60 Victorian paeso's.

Would have considered ar $6,660  as ive already got a contract with the man downstairs but jokes aside at that price I reckon hes the one bearing the horns considering the work required to bring them back up to snuff!

You can look after my 4430 when I build them soon. ?

4 minutes ago, recur said:

Moi. Looks like a pretty versatile phono stage if you feel like spending around 3K  ;) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, recur said:

Is that the buy price or is that an offer / bid price?

Good question. The site rules are unclear. It is not a fixed (firm) price. I presume seller will accept offers around that price.

1 hour ago, lemarquis said:

Moi. Looks like a pretty versatile phono stage if you feel like spending around 3K  ;) 

It would be around $4k landed, if they can ship it from France now, which I think they can’t. Available new here for $6.3k:EQ 500

On 09/07/2020 at 1:50 PM, recur said:

Is that the buy price or is that an offer / bid price?

I don't speak French but I think I understand enough for this. Price seems too good to be true and " l'annonceur réside � l'étranger." 

That's a site warning, the seller lives overseas, You can guess.

Edited by Uglu

43 minutes ago, Uglu said:

I don't speak French but... " l'annonceur réside � l'étranger." 

That's a site warning, the seller lives overseas, You can guess.

Many of the ads on that site are posted from other EU countries. Not unusual. The 'warning' is simply to state that if the seller resides outside France the buyer will have no recourse to French consumer law. (Under French law they are required to do this to cover themselves in the event of any claim).

Edited by lemarquis

2 minutes ago, lemarquis said:

Many of the ads on that site are posted from other EU countries. Not unusual. The 'warning' is simply to state that if the seller resides outside France the buyer will have no recourse to French consumer law. 

The sms telling me I won lottery prizes for which I did not buy tickets are not unusual either.

Technics SL-MA1 on Facebook Marketplace.

I’m not really sure if this is a bargain or not as there’s no comparison listings in Oz on hifishark and I didn’t know the model existed before seeing this one...

It’s quite a nice looking turntable, though... only one photo but looks like it might be a bit reminiscent in style of some of the big Yamaha and Pioneer plinths of the early 80s:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/284476252988263/

On 18/07/2020 at 10:44 AM, RankStranger said:

Y’all are too slow. I bought it :D 

• Like 2