Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

4 hours ago, Alpine Electrocats said:

I've never heard of these, but did some searching and maybe they are good , in Melbourne

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1969841036487209/

i have owned 3 pairs of these  CROWN ES 212, I STACKED 2 ELECROSTATIC PANELS AT ONE STAGE(first pic), they also made the CROWN ES 224 (second pic) which had 24 electostatic panels as apposed to the 12 panels in the 212,the bottom enclosure had 2x 10 woofers,

crown 001.JPG

445671-6b4d8dda-rare_crown_es224_electrostatic_speakersstunning_sound.jpg

Edited by ray4410
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Alpine Electrocats said:

Very nice pair of esl 63's in Melbourne. I would love if someone could pick them up for me (I'm in Canberra) but I know thats unlikely

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-view-details.html?adId=1271210316

I can pick them up for you, but not sure how you'd get them from me. They are close by (kew).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AstroNerd said:

I can pick them up for you, but not sure how you'd get them from me. They are close by (kew).

32 minutes ago, AstroNerd said:

Thanks I will look into it

taken from the advert,

jbl etone eminance celestion A$0

heap of dead speakers 12" 15" 18" free to good home must take the lot if no one wants them going to scrap pick up only
condition good to fair.

jbl etone eminance celestion..jpg

21 minutes ago, Soul Superfly said:
taken from the advert,

jbl etone eminance celestion A$0

heap of dead speakers 12" 15" 18" free to good home must take the lot if no one wants them going to scrap pick up only
condition good to fair.

jbl etone eminance celestion..jpg

Im headed up there after work for them...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, benny said:

well - despite making a plan to go after work, he gave em to someone else.

FFS

Some people have no ethics, I contacted a seller on FB on  a  Saturday morning & said I would buy an item he was selling & he said he would invoice me via PayPal, an hour later he contacted me & said he sold them to someone else because I didn’t pay.

He may have had a better offer, or they paid straight away, whenever I really want something I just offer the full amount, plus PP fees & postage & tell them to just send a PP invoice, that usually works, a few times I’ve offered more to guarantee the sale. But in both in these instances they should offer the person who bid first the right to bid higher.

• Like 5

Guest niterida
14 hours ago, TPG said:

Some people have no ethics, I contacted a seller on FB on  a  Saturday morning & said I would buy an item he was selling & he said he would invoice me via PayPal, an hour later he contacted me & said he sold them to someone else because I didn’t pay.

He may have had a better offer, or they paid straight away, whenever I really want something I just offer the full amount, plus PP fees & postage & tell them to just send a PP invoice, that usually works, a few times I’ve offered more to guarantee the sale. But in both in these instances they should offer the person who bid first the right to bid higher.

This happens to me a lot. I have even paid for items and then had the seller say it is no longer available, usually making up some story about it being broken. Its hard for me to buy in person living 400km away from Perth. 

40 minutes ago, niterida said:

This happens to me a lot. I have even paid for items and then had the seller say it is no longer available, usually making up some story about it being broken. Its hard for me to buy in person living 400km away from Perth. 

If you ever need any help picking things up in the future let me know. My sister still lives up there. ?

Commonwealth Electronics Turntable W.R.N 2 Transcription Tonearm

Australian audio history, would be good to get it back home. 

Starting bid $250 US.  Unfortunately without a stylus assembly.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Commonwealth-Electronics-Turntable-W-R-N-2-Transcription-Tonearm-RARE/254941427703?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

(I have no association with this seller).

Edit, thanks to @Honreekea's post below, it's in Qld.  My mistake.  The ad lists $US, so I made an incorrect assumption.  Still, it's a rare arm.

Edited by audiofeline
Correction

5 minutes ago, audiofeline said:

Commonwealth Electronics Turntable W.R.N 2 Transcription Tonearm

Australian audio history, would be good to get it back home. 

Starting bid $250 US.  Unfortunately without a stylus assembly.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Commonwealth-Electronics-Turntable-W-R-N-2-Transcription-Tonearm-RARE/254941427703?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

(I have no association with this seller).

It's in QLD being sold by a very nice bloke

• Thanks 1

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/783174615908590/

Not enough experience with Tube amps to know if this is a good deal or not. But, sharing anyway for those who know more than me! Located in Adelaide

32 minutes ago, djnmd said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/783174615908590/

Not enough experience with Tube amps to know if this is a good deal or not. But, sharing anyway for those who know more than me! Located in Adelaide

26mins after you posted it's no longer listed.

Either it got snapped up quickly (hopefully by someone who saw your post), or it was a scam uncovered. 

What was the tube amp, and how much were they asking?

Edited by audiofeline