Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

1 minute ago, SAM2811 said:

https://audiosolutions.net.au/product/arcam-avr20-9-1-6-channel-av-receiver/

$7495

The only issue is local pickup should be fine as the seller is new to gumtree (since 2020) but the ad says invoice provided. May be it is worth picking it up 

11 hours ago, SAM2811 said:

Would this still be worth it considering the negative reviews towards the new series of arcams? 

Edited by elixr

15 hours ago, SAM2811 said:

I was interested in this as it seems like a super bargain, only purchased this year (and I am local).    Have contacted the seller and you can not inspect the unit or pick up as he is in "quarantine".  He will send the item out to you once you pay.  Didn't have a phone number either on the ad so I pestered him for one to ask a few more questions.   Phone keeps ringing out and no response to texts, which is interesting as I am sure you would have lots of time on your hands when in quarantine.  Might be a genuine ad but seems suspicious to me now.  Most people who want to sell items you can usually talk to (or call you back)  and arrange something particularly when it is of high value. 

Edited by Syrot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Syrot said:

I was interested in this as it seems like a super bargain, only purchased this year (and I am local).    Have contacted the seller and you can not inspect the unit or pick up as he is in "quarantine".  He will send the item out to you once you pay.  Didn't have a phone number either on the ad so I pestered him for one to ask a few more questions.   Phone keeps ringing out and no response to texts, which is interesting as I am sure you would have lots of time on your hands when in quarantine.  Might be a genuine ad but seem suspicious to me now.  Most people who want to sell items you can usually talk to (or call you back)  and arrange something particularly when it is of high value. 

I'm also interested but suspicious since it's so much cheaper than retail. 

Beware this one - appears to be a scammer.  Responds with different names, first time lister on Gumtree, doesn't want anyone to visit him, wants to post items after you provide ID & pay half the money into his bank account.

Dynaudio Special 40s Anniversary speakers & Dynaudio Stand,
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydney-city/speakers/dynaudio-special-40s-anniversary-speakers-dynaudio-stand/1262045795?utm_source=com.easilydo.mail&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=android_VIP_sticky

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, barryj46 said:

Beware this one - appears to be a scammer.  Responds with different names, first time lister on Gumtree, doesn't want anyone to visit him, wants to post items after you provide ID & pay half the money into his bank account.

Dynaudio Special 40s Anniversary speakers & Dynaudio Stand,
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydney-city/speakers/dynaudio-special-40s-anniversary-speakers-dynaudio-stand/1262045795?utm_source=com.easilydo.mail&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=android_VIP_sticky

And no longer available. A pity there seems to be so many scammers around. 

6 hours ago, josh0571 said:

Sold for $800 by the looks. Someone scored a bit of a bargain!

Here are my pre-auction photos. Not sure if the removed parts are a good idea. I freaked out when I saw the counterweight, cue lever and tonearm lock all missing. Also, AC mains plug suggests USA version. ???

20201121_105251.jpg

20201121_105223.jpg

Edited by xlr8or
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, xlr8or said:

Here are my pre-auction photos. Not sure if the removed parts are a good idea. I freaked out when I saw the counterweight, cue lever and tonearm lock all missing. Also, AC mains plug suggests USA version. ???

Not a huge worry with those imperfections. It's a great entry into the LP12 world for the price!

12 hours ago, metal beat said:

Is that you selling yours?  :)

Yes...Although it does the job its designed for I just don't have a static electricity problem in Adelaide.Have been selling off tweaks I bought and not using last few months... Interested??

Stump

4 minutes ago, Stump said:

Yes...Although it does the job its designed for I just don't have a static electricity problem in Adelaide.Have been selling off tweaks I bought and not using last few months... Interested??

Stump

Err, no. I will save the $$ for espresso Martini's in HK ?

• Haha 1

Hi All,

I've been watching and waiting for the KEF LSX to come to a price I could stomach. And today it fell to $1500 AUD on Amazon AU.

https://www.amazon.com.au/KEF-Wireless-Music-System-Black/dp/B07JD1GPJ9/ref=asc_df_B07JFK339D/?tag=googleshopdsk-22&linkCode=df0&hvadid=341791758392&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5628573395532649952&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9071836&hvtargid=pla-571196692078&th=1

That seems a good deal, especially when people on Gumtree don't seem to want to budget off $1600 used? Anyway, it seems to be across all colours. So have at it!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, josh0571 said:

Not a huge worry with those imperfections. It's a great entry into the LP12 world for the price!

I'll confess here is what I was actually bidding on in the RTK auction on Tuesday under lot 1131 and lost out! If the bum who won the auction is here reading the post I want that 1940's 2A3 beautie that was mixed up in the lot. ?

20201121_105149.jpg

20201121_105021.jpg

Edited by xlr8or
  • Like 1