Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

3 minutes ago, fazer2006 said:

Is it worth shipping I wasn't sure if it was a good price.

Totally worth it but I would be very wary of scammers. 

Putting a bargain up for sale somewhere remote when people can't Pick up. 

Could be legit but take precautions, possibly someone local on here could pick up for you 

44 minutes ago, SAM2811 said:

he says australian made,made for marantz by clearaudio,(germany)
good buy for someone looking for a lovely fuss free turntable arm and cartridge setup'

49 minutes ago, SAM2811 said:

The cost of this table is in the cart, it's one of clearaudios best and rrp is around 1k. 

The table itself is good but not great. There was a brand new one on ebay last week with a $1750 start price that ended without a bid. 

Definitely a good buy but tbh for that much on a used deck I would be looking at something else 

Yeah, I sold mine for about $1200 about a month ago on here with a bunch of extras. Great deck, but at $1950 he is pretty optimistic.

17 hours ago, cambam007 said:

The cost of this table is in the cart, it's one of clearaudios best and rrp is around 1k. 

The table itself is good but not great. There was a brand new one on ebay last week with a $1750 start price that ended without a bid. 

Definitely a good buy but tbh for that much on a used deck I would be looking at something else 

3 hours ago, Ewok209 said:

I'd give them a listen first to rule out fakes but replacement cables are easy enough to find.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/fortitude-valley/headphones-earphones/sennheiser-ie800-in-ear-headphones-earphones/1255756903

Problem with this is there are plenty of knock offs ( in a variety of grades and some sound almost as good as the real deal so it would be hard to tell). Unless you buy this from Authorised dealer. Even Sennheiser tech guy had trouble distinguishing them. There are a fair few discussions online about this

Edited by AR9

10 minutes ago, AR9 said:

Problem with this is there are plenty of knock offs ( in a variety of grades and some sound almost as good as the real deal so it would be hard to tell). Unless you buy this from Authorised dealer. Even Sennheiser tech guy had trouble distinguishing them. There are a fair few discussions online about this

If they sound just as good... To the point a sennheiser tech can't tell them apart surely they are worth the ticket price 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AR9 said:

Oh yeh, plenty of IE800 fakes, right up there with the old IE80 models.

You'd need to give them a GOOD listen.

22 minutes ago, cambam007 said:

If they sound just as good... To the point a sennheiser tech can't tell them apart surely they are worth the ticket price 

That maybe why we now have Chinese companies that are producing some of the finest IEMs. In this case, how could one know how good is just as good without hearing a real pair. I own a pair so I know its signature sound but let say if there are 5 different grades of these knock offs then it would be hard for the average person to tell which one they get. Also, there is issue with longevity as knock offs manufacturers cut corners to make them cheap in the first place. 

I remember when they first came out back 2013-14, almost all eBay listings back then were not genuine articles and they were being sold for around AUD$400-$800. I read somewhere that folks who purchased them, got refunded but thought that they were good.  These days, you can purchase them for AUD$20-$60 on Wish and I saw a review video stating that it sounds like a $10 earphones 

Edited by AR9
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ewok209 said:

I'd give them a listen first to rule out fakes but replacement cables are easy enough to find.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/fortitude-valley/headphones-earphones/sennheiser-ie800-in-ear-headphones-earphones/1255756903

The ad states that he bought them new for $1000. Tell him to show the receipt, otherwise, steer clear.