Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

3 minutes ago, ethro said:

I seem to see a lot of these around on sale, maybe not the particular model but similar. Anyone know the real reason why? Could it be that they are not as good as the reviews say? I was very interested in one of these before but now I am a bit hesitant.

11 minutes ago, fell off the boat said:

I seem to see a lot of these around on sale, maybe not the particular model but similar. Anyone know the real reason why? Could it be that they are not as good as the reviews say? I was very interested in one of these before but now I am a bit hesitant.

18 minutes ago, ethro said:

Hmmmm... I reckon they are not genuine VA speakers, but Chinese-made clones.

The drivers aren't correct, and nor are the binding posts, and I'd bet my left one that the veneer is not real wood. No badging or labelling either.

They look like the same woofers as the Musical Paradise MP-S1 speakers, but with different tweeters and a non-recessed section for the binding posts:

https://wallofsound.ca/audioreviews/speakers/review-musical-paradise-mp-s1-bookshelf-speakers/#prettyPhoto

Edited by pete_mac
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, ethro said:

I guess that means  i should be happy i was not allowed!

Now, I could be very wrong... but I smell a rat.

There's too many inconsistencies between the speaker for sale and the genuine VA models, and I can't find any record of VA speakers being sold with that fairly entry-level VIFA tweeter.

42 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

The word “type” is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that title.

”Oh, I never claimed the were real Vienna Acoustics. Just that type of speaker”

On that note, i have a Ferrari* type vehicle for sale going cheap if anyone is interested 

* actually a Mazda....

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

• Volunteer
14 minutes ago, Stump said:

Your offer on this classified was not accepted.

Big risk buying from overseas.If it was local I would have went full price...

It's also possible that the seller was reluctant to accept an offer from overseas. 

We know you're a stand up guy but if I were a seller, I'd be reluctant to accept an offer that's not local.  

Edited by sir sanders zingmore
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

It's also possible that the seller was reluctant to accept an offer from overseas. 

We know you're a stand up guy but if I were a seller, I'd be reluctant to accept an offer that's not local.  

I came down to TOO low an offer..

Shipping by DHL Express is included in the price. (2-3 days worldwide delivery).

Unfortunately Paypal is closed at the moment in Turkey due to some regulation conformity issues. I can only accept bank transfer.

22 hours ago, pete_mac said:

Hmmmm... I reckon they are not genuine VA speakers, but Chinese-made clones.

The drivers aren't correct, and nor are the binding posts, and I'd bet my left one that the veneer is not real wood. No badging or labelling either.

They look like the same woofers as the Musical Paradise MP-S1 speakers, but with different tweeters and a non-recessed section for the binding posts:

https://wallofsound.ca/audioreviews/speakers/review-musical-paradise-mp-s1-bookshelf-speakers/#prettyPhoto

Nice sleuthing Pete!

I can't think of a single reputable hi-fi manufacturer that doesn't put some kind of branding or some other identifier somewhere on their equipment.  

D

• Like 1

On 20/07/2020 at 5:42 PM, RankStranger said:

The word “type” is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that title.

”Oh, I never claimed the were real Vienna Acoustics. Just that type of speaker”

Have they changed the ad?  Looks like someone got in touch!

To Top