Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

2 hours ago, jakeyb77 said:

You should. It looks awful and is very uncomfortable 

When Neil Young wrote A Man Needs a Maid he was talking about cleaning his vinyl. 

Even Neil has gone digital these days.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Papajero said:

sold for $1300 odd

Was watching these  ,Had they have been in Melbourne ??  Did I need them...No     A  good deal for what they are   one top grill damaged  apparently    I have a pair of these in anthracite ( black ) 

Great speakers    Getting on a bit know though     They have custom made drivers that are no longer available   You could buy the bookshelf speakers and then upgrade with the bass modules later if wanted 

Hi

Has anyone bought MF amps on the website on gumtree. Full range of gear. Listed as in the Carlingford district Its got a high recommendation. They have a fairly good discount on them.

2 hours ago, JD1 said:

Hi

Has anyone bought MF amps on the website on gumtree. Full range of gear. Listed as in the Carlingford district Its got a high recommendation. They have a fairly good discount on them.

Their ads contain information regarding their business name.

Dr Google says:

https://electronicforefront.com.au/

And here's the ebay store - prices are higher than gumtree due to ebay fees I'd wager:

https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/electronic_forefront_australia

2 minutes ago, JD1 said:

Okay Thanks Pete. Seems may be above board and with the advertised warrantees guaranteed then. They have PayPal so hopefully is safe.

FYI, Electronic Forefront are grey importers - if the MF stuff is grey import you may be relying on them, rather than the local distributor for warranty and parts.

Not saying you shouldn't buy from them, just letting you know.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JD1 said:

Oh okay will take under consideration then. The grey import puts a dark side into the deal.

i wouldnt touch it quite frankly. these are heavy bulky gear. and wouldnt want to be stuck with no local support or warranty....

buying from ebay grey importers is risky as basically as a retailers they can go awol and you are then stuck holding the gear.... the authorised local importer havent setup their business to be supporting things not brought in by them and have no obligation to have any care factor with regards the gear. 

better off contact local authorised retailers who will likely do yo ua deal. in anycase mf gear is priced quite attractively usually vs overseas. certainly over the years we have seen better prices than uk or us ! so no real need to buy grey import in my opinion. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, static said:

Nice... i wonder if those diffusers over the mids and tweeters are motorised? It would certainly deter the little'uns from getting too curious with their probing fingers!!

• Like 1

Two Alesis M1 speakers and four Peak Audio PSM-250a active monitors at Wesburn tip shop

https://yrrs.com.au

No idea whether they work, but for someone who is capable of testing and fixing, might be a bit of fun.  Likely pretty cheap.

Just now, romekaff said:

Maybe if they were 5k it would be a worth while project. 

My exact thoughts. I am sure someone will see value in them at their listed price though. If all the drivers work and your willing to spend some $$$ on the cabinets it's not bad buying, particularly if you REALLY want a pair.

• Like 1

Guest jakeyb77

Those 4435 are from Sing Sing records and were used to master a lot of your favourite Aussie records I bet. They were situated in their old studio then moved to the new one in Church Street 

2 of my 2234 are from that very set of speakers ?

Edited by jakeyb77