Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

2 hours ago, RankStranger said:

Thanks. There’s certainly some interesting stuff about it. Looking forward to getting it hooked up

It was a pretty good deal.. That's the Made in China version, not quite up there with the locally made range, but apparently it does rock out :afro:  Be interested to hear your impressions.

44 minutes ago, lemarquis said:

It was a pretty good deal.. That's the Made in China version, not quite up there with the locally made range, but apparently it does rock out :afro:  Be interested to hear your impressions.

First impressions are that it has good drive and grip. Pleasant top end with a little more body in the lower mids (but aren’t we all a little thicker in the middle these days?) than what it replaced. I was using a Rotel RA04 which I still maintain is a great amp but the lack of remote was beginning to get annoying (actually, it’s an amazing amp. Better than perfect. Look out for it in the classifieds☺️

The Redgum actually came without a remote but my Harmony had the codes so that will do for now. It’s an interim solution while I save for a "serious" integrated to get me through the next 5-10 years. 

kids are in bed now so can’t check the "rock out" factor but initial feelings are positive and I’m looking forward to getting to know it better ?

24267B5E-7306-4B9E-BAF8-B9173F45ACD1.thumb.jpeg.b047447c2948b53cd9b864604f449aa3.jpeg

• Like 5

Anyone on here snag the Metaxas pre and power and Proac speakers on adelaide FB marketplace today? Was very sad I missed out on them, $350 for the lot 

2 hours ago, epos said:

Anyone on here snag the Metaxas pre and power and Proac speakers on adelaide FB marketplace today? Was very sad I missed out on them, $350 for the lot 

Mmm - sounds dodgy to me. There’s many “too good to be true” items on FB market lately. In fact I read an article somewhere about that. Buyer beware !!

56 minutes ago, Desap said:

Mmm - sounds dodgy to me. There’s many “too good to be true” items on FB market lately. In fact I read an article somewhere about that. Buyer beware !!

@Desap, can you please elaborate? do you mean that the ad's are false, or that the goods are likely damaged/non working etc?

Edited by Viso

2 hours ago, Viso said:

@Desap, can you please elaborate? do you mean that the ad's are false, or that the goods are likely damaged/non working etc?

All of the above.  I haven’t seen the actual ad or photos, but for example, the cheapest old and low model working condition proac speakers is at least $1500 range. The fact that they have everything at only $350. Sounds like you are buying just the skeleton, nothing working or a scam. Just make sure you only buy locally where you can inspect the items yourself. 

Edit: Maybe typo, it should have been $3500, not $350.

Edited by att23

14 hours ago, att23 said:

All of the above.  I haven’t seen the actual ad or photos, but for example, the cheapest old and low model working condition proac speakers is at least $1500 range. The fact that they have everything at only $350. Sounds like you are buying just the skeleton, nothing working or a scam. Just make sure you only buy locally where you can inspect the items yourself. 

Edit: Maybe typo, it should have been $3500, not $350.

Here are the pics. I was local so would have made sure it was all working first but pics attached 

AA91658E-375F-4E20-A14A-C34C1D87BF61.png

85E05A55-4711-47C1-9A83-50117C077436.png

6 hours ago, RankStranger said:

Thanks Simon it's an awesome score. I've been looking for one. Will have extra money to fully redo the crossover and build some stand

20200611_170941.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mloutfie said:

Thanks Simon it's an awesome score. I've been looking for one. Will have extra money to fully redo the crossover and build some stand

20200611_170941.jpg

I have had both of those speakers in the past ? those liquid audios are a gem for the price point. 

Enjoy the Yamaha's, I would have kept mine but the wife thought they looked cheap haha

Edited by cambam007

1 minute ago, cambam007 said:

I have had both of those speakers in the past ? those liquid audios are a gem for the price point 

It's so hard to get the speaker positioning right sonic blade. I ended up finding the sweet spot 1.7m from the back wall. Now the sound stage an positioning is amazing.....

Just now, mloutfie said:

It's so hard to get the speaker positioning right sonic blade. I ended up finding the sweet spot 1.7m from the back wall. Now the sound stage an positioning is amazing.....

Yeah I remember you need to get rear wall positioning on point as they fire backwards also but once dialed in they imaged very well. 

The ns1000m are much more forgiving but absolutely sing when in the sweet spot 

10 minutes ago, cambam007 said:

I have had both of those speakers in the past ? those liquid audios are a gem for the price point. 

Enjoy the Yamaha's, I would have kept mine but the wife thought they looked cheap haha

And congrats on the bargain, bit over priced though.... I paid $70 for mine

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mloutfie said:

Great score and you always beat me on it. ?