Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

Saw this on Ozbargain, $36 for the 2Pac - All Eyez On Me LP via Amazon US (need $49 for free shipping, suggestion is to find out of stock items on Amazon. Once your main item ships, just cancel the rest of the order if you have nothing you want):

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00005AQE7

Edited by Satirical
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, lemarquis said:

That’s a good buy for that. If the timing was better I’d have snapped it up at that price

5 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

That’s a good buy for that. If the timing was better I’d have snapped it up at that price

Indeed. I was bidding for a while but realised I didn't really need another amp. Winning bid was an outsider who jumped in at the last few seconds.

3 minutes ago, lemarquis said:

Indeed. I was bidding for a while but realised I didn't really need another amp. Winning bid was an outsider who jumped in at the last few seconds.

It’s funny, it’s always tempting to say, “oh i could have bought it for such and such” but the winning bidder might’ve put $1500 so you never know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jakeyb77 said:

@kelossus have you spoken to him about the amps? 
He had a stack of ME amps also 

No I didn't. All the audio gear is an empty mansion on Hobart's waterfront. The seller didn't seem to be an audio buff.

The speakers I bought were as described by the seller and he mentioned the woofers needed re-foaming so there was no nasty surprises.

Edited by kelossus

1 hour ago, RankStranger said:

yes. Amp + DAC all you need is speakers and you have a pretty good system.

Every couple of months I ask myself 'Do I really need all these boxes?"

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, misternavi said:

yes. Amp + DAC all you need is speakers and you have a pretty good system.

Every couple of months I ask myself 'Do I really need all these boxes?"

It’s exactly what I’ll be looking for in a month or two

On 14/05/2020 at 9:47 AM, Cloth Ears said:

Found this European Sansui AU-5500 in Annandale - but he won't post (so not for me). Starting bid $29!!!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SANSUI-AU-5500-amplifier/164196955820

Was a bargain early. Now at $206 in poor condition with the protection light glowing and no sound (maybe untested) it isnt now. Not to diss your post but this needs $350 spent on it. Still worth watching for popcorn.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dammers31 said:

Not to diss your post but this needs $350 spent on it.

The same thought crossed my mind yesterday when I saw this Sansui post.

But ebay does its thing and inevitably people are tempted beyond reason (not immune to it myself either).

• Haha 1

I always just keep a low eye out for a good condition NAD 3020.

From what I have read this is the 3020 or the 3020e with a tuner built in.

Dont know if this would be too costly based on what it is or if it is too hard to fix but for someone who knows how to check and get things working some chump change here for somehting pretty cool IMO. 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/fitzroy-north/stereo-systems/vintage-nad-7020-stereo-am-fm-reciever-one-channel-doesn-t-work-/1248128985

7 hours ago, fell off the boat said:

Anyone keen on Dynaudio Confidence C2 in maple finish at $6,500? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dynaudio-Confidence-C2/223958788326

I'd need him to meet me at the border, and we do some kind of "checkpoint Charlie" exchange at Tweed Heads.