Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

Guest jakeyb77
12 minutes ago, evil c said:

Seems to be a dodgy link Candy,  used flight attendant stockings is tempting though! ?

Worked for me @evil c. Maybe eBay knows you better than you do? ???

2 hours ago, cambam007 said:

@candyflip you have been keeping this one quiet haha.

Thanks for sharing, just picked up lateralus and a led zeppelin to bring the price down. 

Sundays 4:45am and 8:45am are two excellent times to go hunting (usually, not always - YMMV).

Set your alarms.

• Like 1

Guest jakeyb77
20 minutes ago, ThirdDrawerDown said:

Provenance is important. Get something in writing from the bloke who wore them before he put them up for sale.

Sellers name in eBay comes up as Evil@Syndal20 ?

1 hour ago, Martykt said:

Still at that price even needing attention they are a cracking bargain !!

@Tubularbells, might be a good match for the Duntechs.

Yep am keeping a close eye on this one however I know it will be snapped up at many times the current bid price.

If I were @Yamaha_man id be buying these for spares as im sure most of the parts used are now unobtanium.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, crtexcnndrm99 said:

Really appreciated this tip. Not usually one to buy new but I picked up three from this seller because they were so cheap I couldn't resist... 

I couldn't get over how the prices fluctuate 2x or 3x in price throughout the day.

Oh and the shipping estimate is up to 5 weeks, and the items i purchased 5 days ago haven't been sent yet, so we'll see how that goes. 

Thanks man.  I couldn't see the discount for the 2+ record purchase.  Anyone else experience this?

Guest jakeyb77
15 hours ago, rantan said:

When you are at the big-end-of-town, revered and respected, there are certain benefits becoming this status.

And so there should be! ?

15 hours ago, rantan said:

When you are at the big-end-of-town, revered and respected, there are certain benefits becoming this status.

26 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

And so there should be! ?

I thought he was referring to me, not you ! ?

4 minutes ago, Stephen McNulty said:

@Jambro They discontinued that 15% for 2 or more offer last Sunday. Rumour has it that it will come back periodically. The prices seem to have shot up by 50% or more on some items compared to a week ago. That could change back again in the morning! 

Ok cool, will keep an eye out... thanks :)

47 minutes ago, Stephen McNulty said:

@Jambro They discontinued that 15% for 2 or more offer last Sunday. Rumour has it that it will come back periodically. The prices seem to have shot up by 50% or more on some items compared to a week ago. That could change back again in the morning! 

I definitely got the discount last night when I purchased 2

• Thanks 1

Guest jakeyb77
6 hours ago, DMax said:

So they aren't working at all? 

You’ll need to check that with the seller. It was either this thread or the Duntech thread someone mentioned they had issues. 

On 19/04/2020 at 11:05 AM, Stephen McNulty said:

Stuff is always on sale when there’s a holiday in the US, so over Easter. The exchange rate dropped a lot around then too.

20 hours ago, TPG said:

Stuff is always on sale when there’s a holiday in the US, so over Easter. The exchange rate dropped a lot around then too.

It's a bit more complicated than that, and nothing to do with the exchange rate (this time).

Happy to share all my knoweldge on this if you PM me - just don't want to crap this thread up.

Edited by candyflip

Pretty good deal on Australian Thor powerboards

Thor B8F - $75(259 RRP) and E1/45U - $56(179 RRP)

And a summary for those who are too lazy to read the entire thread:

• Designed for Australian power standards
  • Excellent high joules, low response time, low clamping voltage powerboard specs
  • Power noise filtration (For those of us not fortunate enough to have dedicated mains...)
  • $200k connected device warranty (yes most people will have home contents insurance but doesn't hurt having a back up and probably easier claim than vs your insurance provider.)

Video of the filtration in action

• Volunteer
24 minutes ago, Essence said:

Pretty good deal on Australian Thor powerboards

Thor B8F - $75(259 RRP) and E1/45U - $56(179 RRP)

And a summary for those who are too lazy to read the entire thread:

• Designed for Australian power standards
  • Excellent high joules, low response time, low clamping voltage powerboard specs
  • Power noise filtration (For those of us not fortunate enough to have dedicated mains...)
  • $200k connected device warranty (yes most people will have home contents insurance but doesn't hurt having a back up and probably easier claim than vs your insurance provider.)

Video of the filtration in action

Seems too cheap. Are they genuine ?

Guest niterida
1 hour ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Seems too cheap. Are they genuine ?

Better be - I just bought the last E1 :)