Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

[NSW] JBL OSBORN VAF and more for sale

A false alarm for me with the JBL 240TI's. The advertised price is well below market value but the mid-ranges are not the correct drivers and the woofers have been re-coned with non-OEM parts. Still the other speakers seem to be keenly priced and I'm sure someone might be interested in it.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hornsby/speakers/jbl-osborn-vaf-and-more-for-sale/1244362091

• Like 1

On 29/03/2020 at 1:09 PM, crtexcnndrm99 said:

Maybe someone else has the $$ for this one: 

Cymer amp - 120 tube watts into 8ohms 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wyong-area/stereo-systems/cymer-audio-kt-120-valve-stereo-amplifier/1244605622

these have the higher quality transformers. Elson's, Southern Stars

On 29/03/2020 at 6:04 PM, Daolodish said:

Linn Keilidh Speakers, $450 in Canberra.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/205557277332104/

Appear to be in excellent condition, might consider picking them up myself.

90469013_10220027674575845_5251471433535586304_n.jpg

Did you check then out? Some years ago a speaker designer fromLinn moved to Canberra (office of patents) and started a business, I think they were Legend. A furniture maker friend built the first bunch, they looked a lot nicer than these, thats all I can remember

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

I messaged the guy to tell him he’d priced it wrong. He obviously left a zero off and if anyone thought he would really sell it at that price they’re dreaming

I see the auction has ended- I hope he did that 

3 minutes ago, Spider27 said:

It looks like scam. The first photo was from a Vietnam website. The second photo was from previous classified sale on here couple of years ago. 

I initially thought the same.   As he had 0 feedback. But you just never know sometimes.  I’ve picked up some unbelievable bargains.  But this one does seem to be a scam.  

5 minutes ago, Bill125812 said:

I initially thought the same.   As he had 0 feedback. But you just never know sometimes.  I’ve picked up some unbelievable bargains.  But this one does seem to be a scam.  

Could've been a scam. could just as easily have been a numpty who stuffed up his first ad. He did mention in the description that he was regretfully offering it at less than half price and RRP is about $6000 so it would make a dumb sort of sense if he accidentally typed 236 instead of 2360. who knows?

6 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

Could've been a scam. could just as easily have been a numpty who stuffed up his first ad. He did mention in the description that he was regretfully offering it at less than half price and RRP is about $6000 so it would make a dumb sort of sense if he accidentally typed 236 instead of 2360. who knows?

Maybe... but if the seller is genuine, he would use his own photo instead of using random photos from internet published a couple of years ago. ?

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Spider27 said:

Maybe... but if the seller is genuine, he would use his own photo instead of using random photos from internet published a couple of years ago. ?

Yeah and be careful - I’ve seen “auditions available” (like in this ad) or “pickup available” written in scam ads to add a sense of credibility, but when you start down that path, the excuses as to why “how bout I just post” and “oh sorry I’ve now packed it all away” start a-flowin’.....

• Like 3

Tube Sound Audio pre amp $4,600.00

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brightwaters/stereo-systems/tube-sound-audio-tsa/1244858283

Edit: I don't understand why I just got a thumbs up for this post. I thought it was a totally ridiculous price.. am I missing something?

Edited by bob_m_54
more
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, bob_m_54 said:

Tube Sound Audio pre amp $4,600.00

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brightwaters/stereo-systems/tube-sound-audio-tsa/1244858283

Edit: I don't understand why I just got a thumbs up for this post. I thought it was a totally ridiculous price.. am I missing something?

I thought I was missing something too when I saw your post in this so called GREAT BUYS thread ?

• Haha 1

On 25/03/2020 at 10:57 AM, Marc said:

Thread cleaned. This thread is not for discussion of lowballers or flipping.

Please remain on topic.

And again. 

It is pretty simple really... nobody can force you to sell for less than you want. Once someone owns an item it is there’s to do with as they please, whether it’s using it, on selling it or setting it on fire. Get over it. 

In the meantime, let’s please stick to posting good buys and deals if we want this (most excellent and long running) thread to stay open. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

On 25/03/2020 at 12:25 PM, kelossus said:

[NSW] JBL OSBORN VAF and more for sale

A false alarm for me with the JBL 240TI's. The advertised price is well below market value but the mid-ranges are not the correct drivers and the woofers have been re-coned with non-OEM parts. Still the other speakers seem to be keenly priced and I'm sure someone might be interested in it.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hornsby/speakers/jbl-osborn-vaf-and-more-for-sale/1244362091

I've sent a message to the seller about shipping.

Any opinions on the Osborn? How is Greg (?) in terms of repairs and pricing?

These are clearly the old version. Any thoughts on how old they might be?

@andjm1986 Some of the drivers Greg cannot get any more, but he used to keep spares. Greg is very honest and straightforward so he won't overcharge you.

I think they are quite old, have a look at the Osborn website, it says that the Titan wasn't made for 8 years.