Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

6 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

WTF

I'll give someone $500 along with $300 to buy them if they pick them up and drop them at pack send

Edited by kelossus

Guest jakeyb77
10 minutes ago, kelossus said:

Mine :D

Oh well done mate!!! I messaged when the ad was 2 mins old. Thought it was Surrey Hills VIC 

Just got the pictures and they are the original L250's. Not the later TI series. Still a stonking bargain. I ended up giving them a few hundred extra to hold them for me. As you could imagine they were getting bombarded with interest.

They are in need of TLC but being the L250's I have NOS recones for the mid's and tweeters to dump in them. Once I restore them some lucky SNA member will get a great deal on them I think.

I have the drivers here to upgrade them to TI spec but the crossover would cost a fortune to build properly. No longer interested in playing with these legacy systems, better to leave them as is and not lose money when it comes time to sell.

Edited by kelossus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Pops110 said:

Misleading.  He gives a poetic knowlegeable description of Accuphase, and ends with “make me an offer”.  I assume he’s not talking an offer less than $50.  The list price is just a hook.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dave O))) said:

While these are very musical .smooth and rather laid back --typical Spendor--

The ones to look out for are the BC-1's--can be delicate with over driving --but Vocal rendition to die for ?--the finest Spendors ever made

IMHO

Willco

I have upgraded the crossover caps and resistors in my BC1s and find they can now play quite loud >90db, but they do lose composure with amplified music. Agree about vocals and acoustic sounds, hard to beat.

• Like 1

Edit: just noticed no phone number on ad so might be dodgy.

[SA]

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/marion/speakers/kef-reference-201-speakers/1221947359

KEF Reference 201 Speakers

$1,200 Negotiable

These limited edition KEF's are amazing!

In great condition.

Kept in storage since new, they have hardly been used.

Specification: Model 201

System type: Four-way, bookshelf/stand-mount

Enclosure type: Reflex

Dimensions (H x W x D): 557 x 248 x 402mm (21.9 x 9.8 x 15.5 inches)

Weight: 14.8kg (32.6 lbs)

Nominal impedance: 8 ohms (3.2 min.)

Amplifier requirements: 50-150W

Frequency response: 58Hz to 55kHz /-3.0dB

Sensitivity: 88dB at 1m for 2.83V

Maximum output: 110dB

System: SP3352

Drive Units: B160 bass unit (SP1474), B160 Uni-Q (SP1447), NT19 Hypertweeter (SP1476)

Crossover: SP2360 (SP2410 US)

KEF.jpg

Edited by Darryl

31 minutes ago, sakabatou said:

from the looks of it, that could be John at Blackwood Sound, as the other listings are ex-display

You could ask, since they are active here

It is Blackwood Sound, they've been inundated with interest so these will be gone today. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Darryl said:

Sold, as you predicted aasza.

I wonder if a SNASA got them?

One would hope so but more than likely one of the local flippers grabbed them and in that case prepare to see them relisted with HUGE markup