Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

It is like someone selling some furniture with Moran in the heading, then in the description it say it is like Moran, or of the era. They do it all the time and it works on a subconscious level even if you know it's not the real thing.

• Like 1

Re the Proacs, I dont think the seller was trying it on - he seems a decent guy - but he just didn’t make it clear that they were clones. He’s rectified that now.  

I’m assured by a trusted SNA person who knows the maker that these are very well made clones. Apparently not from Trevor Lees. 

Always fancied some nice Proac floorstanders to put on the end of my Weston. 

Might still bid on them if they stay low.

• Like 2

On 13/05/2019 at 1:10 PM, TheOrb said:

Is there a way to contact a vendor on eBay without purchasing first? I find that the most frustrating part of Ebay. No questions anymore and no test driving.

I almost never buy anything without first contacting seller.  I’m a bit old fashioned so I like the personal interaction.  It also helps to ensure the seller is genuine.....

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Denon-DCD-3000-High-End-CD-Player-XLR-balanced-output/223503074909?epid=22030737037&hash=item3409d2465d:g:XAgAAOSwYS5ck~6G

For anyone still playing silver discs and needing a fantastic DAC.  I use mine for TV optical out to Optical in on CD player, and for spdif in on CD player from iPhone (via Gustard U10 converter), as well as playing CD’s.  Fantastic machine with that classic “analogue” PCM1704 vibe......

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rare-Vintage-Hi-fi-Goodmans-Audiom-81-15-bass-speakers-8-ohms/293095750724?hash=item443dde3c44:g:iv8AAOSwNc1c4UUZ&frcectupt=true

seller's description:

< rare Vintage Hi-fi Goodmans Audiom 81 15" bass speakers 8 ohms

These are very rare Vintage Hi-fi Goodmans Audiom 81 15" bass speakers 8 ohms , heavy 17.5kg
Tech data available here for speaker and cabinets 
file:///C:/Users/IP%20320s/Downloads/Goodmans-Axiom-Audiom-brochure.pdf
Very efficient, great performing Goodmans 15" , heavy,  8 ohm driver , often used as the bass unit in Open baffle speakers these days 
The Goodmans surrounds  famously buckle over a very long period of time (as shown) This does not affect the sound negatively. I strongly suggest you resist the temptation to repalce these as it is an integral part of the design and removing it affects the sound . The speakers are not 'polling' i.e. voice coil rubbing >
regards Ian

PLEASE NOTE : this thread is NOT for linking your own sales, elsewhere.

We don't want this thread cluttered up with self-interest.

If you have a link for a great deal, please put it in a thread below.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153497680627

Almost new Cambridge Audio integrated for less than $200. Pretty hard to beat

Nope. Gone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They price it in U.S. Dollars and it gets auto converted to AUS Dollars for Aus Ebay, given the Aus V US exchange rate, it's why these listings seem so expensive.

A lot of the Chinese based Ebay sellers are doing the same thing, they used to price in Aus Dollars, but now they price is US Dollars, the bargains aren't there anymore, I've found this out when buying bicycle parts

Guest scumbag
8 hours ago, Tweaky said:

They price it in U.S. Dollars and it gets auto converted to AUS Dollars for Aus Ebay, given the Aus V US exchange rate, it's why these listings seem so expensive.

A lot of the Chinese based Ebay sellers are doing the same thing, they used to price in Aus Dollars, but now they price is US Dollars, the bargains aren't there anymore, I've found this out when buying bicycle parts

And there is often a hidden extra in a lot of international listings. Gst and import duty gets applied to all imported items in ebay. It's often not listed in the sale so when you go checkout you suddenly get hit with about 13 percent extra. I lodged a complaint with the accc to get them to make ebay display the extra charge on all sales and auctions. I didn't get a response but I expect they'll get similar complaints from other ebay users. 

Edited by scumbag