Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

Spotted this on Trading post site.

Dose any one no the normal price for this ??

Supratek Chardonnay : E17650080-88

Supratek Chardonnay Jarrah and chrome with remote, mint cond, $2100 PASADENA 0414-62 4696

STATE: SA FIRST PUBLISHED: 9 May 2007

SOURCE: Private Classifieds (Weekly Trading Post (Adelaide))

Spotted this on Trading post site.

Dose any one no the normal price for this ??

Supratek Chardonnay : E17650080-88

Supratek Chardonnay Jarrah and chrome with remote, mint cond, $2100 PASADENA 0414-62 4696

STATE: SA FIRST PUBLISHED: 9 May 2007

SOURCE: Private Classifieds (Weekly Trading Post (Adelaide))[/b]

Hey mate - I was just looking at these this morning on the Supratek site.

Chardonnay's are $2,100 USD. THis morning rate was $1.00 AUD = $0.8277 USD

Therefore using a conversion from USD to AUD it would be somewhere between $2,500 and $2,600.

So $2,100 is not too bad but may be negotiable (for a new unit) if Mick discounts at all on the USD price on his webiste for local customers.

Back from your honeymoon and the first thing you do is jump on ebay and visit SNA. Good on you Waylander! And congrats on your wedding again, she's a beautiful girl :wacko: Now will she let you buy some toys!

Back from your honeymoon and the first thing you do is jump on ebay and visit SNA. Good on you Waylander! And congrats on your wedding again, she's a beautiful girl :( Now will she let you buy some toys![/b]

I think she'll let me put a toe in the water mate!

I'll post a bit about the wedding and honeymoon (not too much about the honeymoon mind you!) in the appropriate off topic forum when I am properly 'back'.

P.S. You're right - she's gorgeous! :wacko:

The peninsula guy's name is Earl. One of my friends contacted him to get a custom made preamp and power amp made. He lives in Perth, and recently came down to Melbourne for a visit. When he was here, he took delivery of the preamp. I got a chance to listen to it on a system with the old VAF DC-X, restored Quad II power amps, and a Linn LP12 as a source. Too many variables here for me to comment on the actual sound of the preamp so i'll just talk about the build. It's a well made little thing which is surprisingly heavy when you lift it. It does not have all the usual niceties you get from the larger companies, like covers for the transformers and a more professional looking finish ... instead it looks like a very well done DIY job. My friend told me that Earl really knows his stuff and has been dabbling in valves for a long time. And apparently a very helpful and nice bloke as well.

I might get in touch with him and point him to this forum :)

Here's a nice starting out system.

NAD and B&W system

NAD 214 Stereo Power Amplifier - 80W

NAD 114 Stereo Preamplifier

NAD C420 RDS Stereo Tuner

NAD 514 Compact Disc Player (with remote and manual)

NAD T512 DVD/ CD/ MP3 Player (with remote and manual)

B&W DM 603 Floor Standing Loudspeakers - max amplifier power 120W

Bell'oggetti Stand[/b]

Since Drizt seems to be showing an interest in vinyl he could join Club Micro-Seiki at a bargain price with this lovely item. After all, I went and joined Club Osborn!

Lot's of cheapish valve integrateds seem to be turning up on EBay at the moment, they seem to be all the rage.

DS[/b]

lol, no chance of that :)

Now there's a Redgum Phono Pre which claims to be MC as well as MM. Anyone familiar with these? It looks like it does not come with the power supply either which is a bit strange, can't see the MM/MC switch nor whether you can adjust the loading for MCs either.

DS[/b]

yeah i had looked at this, im guessing that it has internal jumpers you need to change like quite a few mm/mc phono amps, the fact it didnt come with a power supply turned me away though