Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

Its from the same ebay user, so perhaps he has relisted it.[/b]

yep, its the same. there were no bids originally (my link), so he has relisted it at a lower price (Keith_W's link).

theres also a black SCD-XA9000ES that has been listed and relisted countless times over the last few months. i think the person dropped it to about $3800 in the end, but still it passed in. i cant see it listed anymore, so i guess they finally gave up.

There is no way the XA-9000ES would sell for $3800! When Sony stopped production, the Sony shops were clearing them out for less than $2000. I wouldn't pay more than $1500 for a used XA-9000ES. Having said that, it is a better player than the 777ES.

There is no way the XA-9000ES would sell for $3800! When Sony stopped production, the Sony shops were clearing them out for less than $2000. I wouldn't pay more than $1500 for a used XA-9000ES. Having said that, it is a better player than the 777ES.[/b]

agreed, i saw one in Sony Central for $1800 (new of course), so i think $3800 is far too steep. i did actually let the seller know about this initially, but never heard a reply and they kept listing for the same money (initially about $4200, eventually dropping to $3800).

oh well, i hope they didnt pay full RRP for it in the first place!

Not sure whats going on there , I thought these were sold the other day , may be the sale fell through or the seller may have a few pairs. May be some one had a biamped system. Hmmm

Moondog[/b]

Bl00dy hell. It potentially draws more power (3kw) than 99% of us can supply from normal GPO (2400w, 10amp)

Hes in Melbourne, ive bought off of him before. Good guy with some of the best gear to grace ebay aus.

I personally like these Dynaudio's and if you wanted 2k speakers now could certainly do a lot worse.[/b]

Yes, I can confirm that. He is a nice guy and good to buy stuff from. Just dont listen too deeply to his advice on what else to get cos he can be a bit biased, but all salespeople are to some extent.

McIntosh Power and Pre Amplifier MC402 and C2200

Not exactly cheap, but nice gear none the less[/b]

I thought that step down transformers were not a good idea for high end gear as they reduce the 240v to 120v OK but leave the frequency at 50hz rather than the 60hz that the gear was designed to handle. This leads to the gear being unduly stressed and running hotter than normal.