Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

Guest alebonau

interesting stuff htere. are those zu definiitons from hiradi who joined the other day. are those proacs same as keiths ?

nice tannoys there as with the moon like LDs ! jimmy those elacs of interest ?

interesting stuff htere. are those zu definiitons from hiradi who joined the other day. are those proacs same as keiths ?

nice tannoys there as with the moon like LDs ! jimmy those elacs of interest ? [/b]

not sure on the first question..

Yeap they look the same as Keiths and the model number is the same as the one in his review. hehe he could buy these had have matching surrounds :)

Hmmmmm LD's pre is an absolute beauty. If I had the money I would jump on that pre... (although I'm really interested in hearing mondies new pre as it looks a beauty and love the idea of TVC)

hehe, yeah I thought of jimmmy when I saw those elacs.

Hello Drizt,

The thread is a good idea for interest, not sure if people would post something they wanted to bid on though. You need to share of course, but at the same time it's important to reduce the competition if it is your must have item. :blush: :blush:

Best

JA

Hello Drizt,

The thread is a good idea for interest, not sure if people would post something they wanted to bid on though. You need to share of course, but at the same time it's important to reduce the competition if it is your must have item. :blush: :blush:

Best

JA [/b]

hehe true.

Post the ones of interest then that you are not going to bid on :wink:

Guest alebonau

Hello Dlite,

You have my word I will not bid- I may look though.

Best

JA

[/b]

hehe have my word as well, though I'm sure hteres the odd sly one amongst us who has their eyes on em. good luck on these dlite, know you do like these speakers ! :unsure:

I wonder if the Hiradi selling them is the same one that was posting here a couple of days ago...? A strange name I would guess it should be...

hehe, yeah I thought of jimmmy when I saw those elacs.

[/b]

hehehehe

thanx for the thoughts guys.

I was actually checking out a bryson HT receiver that was only a year or so old that was going for around 3k. They are like 11k new.

Oh well.

cheers

James

hehehehe

thanx for the thoughts guys.

I was actually checking out a bryson HT receiver that was only a year or so old that was going for around 3k. They are like 11k new.

Oh well.

cheers

James

[/b]

Are they different Elacs Jimmmy, to theones which impressed you?

The Bryston sounds good, but thats only for HT! Get the speakers.

[/b]

Hello Jimmmy,

That's quite a discount. Very attractive if you're all Brysoned up already.

Best

JA

Are they different Elacs Jimmmy, to theones which impressed you?

The Bryston sounds good, but thats only for HT! Get the speakers.

[/b]

Your are right LD

The ones I liked were the 209s. A couple of notches up the ladder and a fair bit more money, unfortunately.

Still maybe some nice rears but I think even these would be wasted being used that way.

cheers

James

They do look tasty don't they.

Just having a bit of a squiz at EBay - those Tannoy Turnberrys didn't end up selling, no bids.

BTW Drizt here's a couple (1 and 2 ) of things you might like, maybe add this to make a nice set up :)

Jokes aside, anyone had a listen to one of these? They look nice I wonder how they perform.

Also any opinions on the Mark Hill amps which seem to appear on EBay with monotonous regularity?

DS

Well I'll be . . . :ohmy:

I bought my turntable over 20 years ago second hand and never heard of anyone who had the same model until about 2 months ago someone on the vinyl engine acquired one.

Now there's one on EBay, it never rains, it pours. If it goes for a low enough price maybe it would be good for spares. Now I can also see what's inside it as I've never opened mine up past the bearing. No wonder the motor is so stable, it's huge. I had heard Micro-Seiki over-engineered things but that is one big motor for a TT.

DS

Well I'll be . . . :ohmy:

I bought my turntable over 20 years ago second hand and never heard of anyone who had the same model until about 2 months ago someone on the vinyl engine acquired one.

Now there's one on EBay, it never rains, it pours. If it goes for a low enough price maybe it would be good for spares. Now I can also see what's inside it as I've never opened mine up past the bearing. No wonder the motor is so stable, it's huge. I had heard Micro-Seiki over-engineered things but that is one big motor for a TT.

DS

[/b]

Gee that old thing looks a bit over priced! :) :biggrin:

Those Meridian speakers have been listed for as long as I've been on ebay! They are very old models, and pretty expensive considering. Not surprised they haven't sold.

That Sony has been up a few times as well. The price seems a bit high considering they go for USD1400-1500 on Audiogon

I believe there is a brilliant power amp on atm though!

Guest alebonau

~

That Sony has been up a few times as well. The price seems a bit high considering they go for USD1400-1500 on Audiogon

[/b]

I've seen the sony go for as much as $2900 on ebay here. And there were guys fighting over the last ones at TLs store aparently with the last he had. they are out of circulation now and built like a tank, and doesnt look like sony will make anythign like them anymore. I think in value terms theyre well worth the asking. its jsut people arent willing to probably pay what theyre really worth.

Those Meridian speakers have been listed for as long as I've been on ebay! They are very old models, and pretty expensive considering. Not surprised they haven't sold.

[/b]

I rember the D600's well they were Meridian's first digital interactive ( as they called them ) digital speakers.I sold a couple of pairs when I was working in London in the late 80's and while I loved the concept they never seemed to fully deliver on their theoretical potential.Not the most 'emotive' of speakers but like many active designs the macro dynamics were outstanding.

Can't remember the original UK retail price but one thing that does stick in my mind is that like a lot of Meridian equipment of that time reliability can be a bit of an issue.

Gordon

Oooh those Audio Research amps look nice, 100 watts of tube power, hmm, pity about the price tag.

Gee, too much for that Micro, it's only going for $1 at the moment. I payed about $200, but then again it was less than 10yo then, not over 30! Mine came with a tonearm and 2 carts - a Supex 900 Super MC and a Grace F8 MM, not bad really. I think I got my money's worth.

DS