Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

Absolute freakin bargain. They look in great nick too.

Damn.

I just brought them [emoji47]

NO MORE [emoji33] Did i do well danter?

c7ed2ee7719cf35af64f6a00c97781bb.jpg

Edited by Sansui77

I just brought them [emoji47]

NO MORE [emoji33] Did i do well danter?

c7ed2ee7719cf35af64f6a00c97781bb.jpg

You did exceptionally well. Excellent speakers and considered to be the sweet spot in this series by many. Had the 80s, but too large for my place. Have a pair of 50s I bought as bare cabinets and have spent YEARS rebuilding them (locating drivers, sourcing cross overs etc) and still not finished (hint hint Skippy) - and for much moe than $400.

But I am a bit of an IMF tragic (currently 4 pairs). Jealous - but great pick up.

You did exceptionally well. Excellent speakers and considered to be the sweet spot in this series by many. Had the 80s, but too large for my place. Have a pair of 50s I bought as bare cabinets and have spent YEARS rebuilding them (locating drivers, sourcing cross overs etc) and still not finished (hint hint Skippy) - and for much moe than $400.

But I am a bit of an IMF tragic (currently 4 pairs). Jealous - but great pick up.

Thanks danter. A lot of people don't know of this brand. Not only do they look good they have a unique sound which I enjoy :thumb:

I now have (2) pairs myself, Studio Monitors & the TLS50's. I myself becoming a IMF tragic too :blink:

I'm going to make some dollies so I can move them when setting them up for a session. I might even use them to transport my Sansui amps too :lol:

post-147636-0-89273400-1431041239_thumb.

post-147636-0-57842600-1431041257_thumb.

Edited by Sansui77

@Sansui77

I noticed that you are hunting down a Sansui 1000A model. There is a 240v version up for sale on ebay USA in pretty good condition

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281685833418?rmvSB=true

Even though the ad states it may not be shipped to Australia, if you contact the seller directly, they might be able to arrange for shipment to you - if you want it badly enough. 

(I purchased an Anthony Gallo Reference SA amplifier from the USA (brand new) and it weighed about 25kg; it was only an additional $450 or thereabouts, in addition to the discounted price for the unit, to ship it out to me from California and the ad on eBay had stated that shipping to Australia wasn't available. But I had no trouble convincing the supplier that in Australia: we are used to paying excessive amounts for nearly everything from overseas, when purchased locally, compared to Northern Hemisphere markets and it was shipped out to me at my expense.)

There is another Sansui 1000A model up for grabs on ebay USA as well but I am not sure if you need a step down transformer to operate it or if a conversion to 240v operation is needed for it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sansui-1000A-Stereo-AM-FM-Receiver-A-Legendary-Receiver-From-Japan-/371320333035?rmvSB=true&clk_rvr_id=826984884884

Brett

• Like 1

@Sansui77

I noticed that you are hunting down a Sansui 1000A model. There is a 240v version up for sale on ebay USA in pretty good condition

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281685833418?rmvSB=true

Even though the ad states it may not be shipped to Australia, if you contact the seller directly, they might be able to arrange for shipment to you - if you want it badly enough. 

(I purchased an Anthony Gallo Reference SA amplifier from the USA (brand new) and it weighed about 25kg; it was only an additional $450 or thereabouts, in addition to the discounted price for the unit, to ship it out to me from California and the ad on eBay had stated that shipping to Australia wasn't available. But I had no trouble convincing the supplier that in Australia: we are used to paying excessive amounts for nearly everything from overseas, when purchased locally, compared to Northern Hemisphere markets and it was shipped out to me at my expense.)

There is another Sansui 1000A model up for grabs on ebay USA as well but I am not sure if you need a step down transformer to operate it or if a conversion to 240v operation is needed for it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sansui-1000A-Stereo-AM-FM-Receiver-A-Legendary-Receiver-From-Japan-/371320333035?rmvSB=true&clk_rvr_id=826984884884

Brett

Thanks for that Collektor ;)

As you probably know I've just brought a pair of IMF transmission line speakers and if I was to purchase the legendary 1000A (Soon ;) ) my wife would either stab me or divorce me :(  :lol:

Just had a guy from my work leaving Sydney and relocating to SW Victoria next Friday. He's going to bring my IMF's down and I will meet him NW Melbourne in the afternoon. He's on SNA as well. Nice guy and is as mad as we all are with music & sound.

All my Sansui amps are from the US. I convert them to Australian standards, making them the correct class 1 - earth to chassis with the correct 240AC power lead. Most 1000A's have the AC mains voltage selector to convert from 100 - 240VAC. Shipping only cost me between $100 - $200 on an average. Sansui 1000A should only cost me $140 in shipping. Even though sellers states no int shipping if asked nicely 75% of the time they will ship.

Edited by Sansui77

Some of the descriptions sellers put up about their equipment make me laugh...

That Sansui 5500 looks like its been through hell and back. No wonder it doesn't work.

Edited by Sansui77

I dunno how much one can expect to ask for an older plasma but a VT 65 is a freakin epic TV.

It is an epic TV...I paid that for a new one a year ago though...seems it's a bit overpriced on that ad.