RankStranger

Great Buys On Ebay & Gumtree - continued ...

4 minutes ago, kelossus said:

Mine :D

Bloody hell. I thought it was a scam.

10 minutes ago, kelossus said:

Mine :D

Oh well done mate!!! I messaged when the ad was 2 mins old. Thought it was Surrey Hills VIC 

Just got the pictures and they are the original L250's. Not the later TI series. Still a stonking bargain. I ended up giving them a few hundred extra to hold them for me. As you could imagine they were getting bombarded with interest.

They are in need of TLC but being the L250's I have NOS recones for the mid's and tweeters to dump in them. Once I restore them some lucky SNA member will get a great deal on them I think.

I have the drivers here to upgrade them to TI spec but the crossover would cost a fortune to build properly. No longer interested in playing with these legacy systems, better to leave them as is and not lose money when it comes time to sell.

Edited by kelossus

Interesting as the ad said they'd been lovingly taken care of. Jacked his price up too.. Good luck and look forward to seeing what you do with them :thumb:

Nice Marantz 2225 in Melbourne on Facebook market $300

96FC47B3-920F-4838-832F-6810D13EFC42.png

19 hours ago, Pops110 said:

Misleading.  He gives a poetic knowlegeable description of Accuphase, and ends with “make me an offer”.  I assume he’s not talking an offer less than $50.  The list price is just a hook.  

16 minutes ago, Dave O))) said:

While these are very musical .smooth and rather laid back --typical Spendor--

The ones to look out for are the BC-1's--can be delicate with over driving --but Vocal rendition to die for 😊--the finest Spendors ever made

IMHO

Willco

I have upgraded the crossover caps and resistors in my BC1s and find they can now play quite loud >90db, but they do lose composure with amplified music. Agree about vocals and acoustic sounds, hard to beat.